Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
12%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 241

congdm

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by congdm »

Hi,
With the latest github commits, I encountered this error:
Attachments
LotI2-Subterranean War Turn 6.gz
(374.5 KiB) Downloaded 214 times
edwardspec

Post by edwardspec »

congdm wrote: January 11th, 2020, 8:14 pm With the latest github commits, I encountered this error:
Fixed.
Temujin953

Post by Temujin953 »

Man, I absolutely love this campaign! It always frustrated me when I finally leveled up my characters all the way, only for the campaign to end, but this one even has weapons and armour! Playing through part 2 right now.

Just one suggestion; whenever an equip-able item has a negative trait, such as 10% decreased resistance to a damage type, I often don't realise that its decreased and not increased resistance. It would be awesome if negative traits would have a different look, such as having it written in red or something similar, so it's more noticeable at first glance.

Also, several craftable weapons (Dugi's Wrath, Soul Render, Marrowrend etc.) have the trait of '30 more attacks', although the unit doesn't actually attack 30 more times with the weapon. Is that a bug on my end or does it mean something else?
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Temujin953 wrote: January 12th, 2020, 9:55 am whenever an equip-able item has a negative trait, such as 10% decreased resistance to a damage type, I often don't realise that its decreased and not increased resistance. It would be awesome if negative traits would have a different look, such as having it written in red or something similar, so it's more noticeable at first glance.
Some properties could indeed be identified as bad and marked differently, either with italic or underlined font or with red colour.

Though some harmful abilities would have to be identified somehow or marked manually, hmmm.

Temujin953 wrote: January 12th, 2020, 9:55 amAlso, several craftable weapons (Dugi's Wrath, Soul Render, Marrowrend etc.) have the trait of '30 more attacks', although the unit doesn't actually attack 30 more times with the weapon. Is that a bug on my end or does it mean something else?
It's supposed to be 30% more attacks. It seems there is a bug.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

'Stable' version
Part II, Chapter VI, S2 'Who Am I'
Items lying around seem to appear on turn 2 instead of turn 1.

The 'feed, or do you want to stay weak' event for Efraim can trigger after you defeat the enemy leader, resetting your xp and your soul eater count.

PII, ChVI, S3 'Into the Light'
immerse power -> immense

Also, the 'Unit information' hotkey doesn't do anything for me.

Is it intentional that I can't drop eqiupped items on the ground?

S7
were -> where

EDIT:
I think 'firecast' might have turned my 1.14.9 wesnoth unresponsive just now. The problem is, I can't reproduce it, I'm not sure about the cause, and the log doesn't seem to be saying anything about it. I just know that I killed an enemy with firecast and then the game turned unresponsive before I obtained xp for the kill.
LotI2-Misguiding Lives-Auto-Save5.gz
(306.39 KiB) Downloaded 209 times
Last lines of the log:
Spoiler:
The fireball attack granted by the Pyromancer's Ring lacks an attack animation.

EDIT 2:
Diamond description
properties -> properties.

EDIT 3:
Topaz description
is not neglectful -> is not be neglected

EDIT 4:
PI, Ch5
You can enter the Eastern Guardian Room from the Library, but you can't enter the the Library from the Eastern Guardian Room.

EDIT 5:
Tutorial
Delenia gains mp at the start of the 2nd turn.

And I somehow managed to turn the Sword of Krux into the Twinkling Sword.
LotI1-An Orcish Assault-Auto-Save1.gz
Unit information Efraim, then select 'Sword of Krux'.
(236.3 KiB) Downloaded 221 times
I wanted to reproduce the bug and save a replay this time, but now I messed the tutorial up in a different way. ._.
Luckily including the same bug.
I tried to pick up the Sword of Krux within the 'Items' dialog, which didn't work. But when I stepped on the sword, it asked me multiple times if I want to pick it up, which apparently stacked it's effects?
LotI1-Tutorial replay.gz
(72.75 KiB) Downloaded 256 times
LotI1-An Orcish Assault-Auto-Save1.gz
(236.38 KiB) Downloaded 267 times
wesnoth-20200116-095558-4820.log
(64.84 KiB) Downloaded 230 times
Also, when Efraim stops you from using a 'back' button in the tutorial, the dialog closes afterwards even if you use the correct button.

EDIT 6:
Charging backstab
According to the description this weapon special is active when the victim is facing backwards to the attacker. But in truth it is active if and only if there is a unit on the other side of the victim which is an enemy of the victim. So it works just like backstab.
(Probably a mistake in the description, not in the code.)

EDIT 7:
It would be quite nice if you could buy multiple gems at once from the trader, even if it's just multiple gems of one kind. Imagine wanted to buy 20 gems and having to buy them one at a time.

EDIT 8:
Across the Barren Land
The map makes me think that the side 6 leader (orcs) should spawn on 13,32 (human ruined castle on flat) instead of 44,15 (ruined sand castle in desert), and that on 44,15 a side 7 leader (drakes) should spawn. Sides 2-6 spawn a leader each, but side 7 doesn't. And there are 6 castles (not counting my start keep) but only 5 leaders spawn.
So maybe it's a mistake, maybe it's not. It certainly feels off.

EDIT 9:
Description Infernal Knight
Tales are told of the mightiest warriors and generals, who, cursed with hate and stung by betrayal, have experimented with demonic magic and returned back to this world as Death Knights. -> Infernal

EDIT 10:
If my Knight carries a Precious Eagle Cactus Fruit (heal +40) and advances to a Paladin, the heals +40 will be discarded for the new heals + 4.
This might be true for any non healer unit that carries an item that grants a heal, advancing to a healer unit.

Native healing abilities disable healing abilites granted by items.

EDIT 11:
If a unit has overlapping 'heal more' advancements paths (like a healer unit with the legacy of light), whatever was chosen last is the healing ability the unit gets. So you could accidentally replace your heal +16 with a heal +11.
And in general it would be cool if overlapping advancement paths would count for each others completion and in case of legacy advancements, check if the unit already has the abilities or alignments an advancement would grant. (Looking at the Prophet or Celestial Messenger with the Legacy of Light advancements granting them a standard healing, lawful alignment, and illuminate.)
dabber

Post by dabber »

Konrad2 wrote: January 15th, 2020, 11:21 amEDIT 11:
If a unit has overlapping 'heal more' advancements paths (like a healer unit with the legacy of light), whatever was chosen last is the healing ability the unit gets. So you could accidentally replace your heal +16 with a heal +11.
And in general it would be cool if overlapping advancement paths would count for each others completion and in case of legacy advancements, check if the unit already has the abilities or alignments an advancement would grant. (Looking at the Prophet or Celestial Messenger with the Legacy of Light advancements granting them a standard healing, lawful alignment, and illuminate.)
I tried to work this out a couple years ago and I couldn't do it. Can you cite an example of how to implement something like this?
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

dabber wrote: January 16th, 2020, 4:50 pm I tried to work this out a couple years ago and I couldn't do it. Can you cite an example of how to implement something like this?
Nope, not at all. I havn't a clue of coding or WML or Lua. I'm limited to making hopeful suggestions.

Efraim the Demigod is able to cheat himself an advancement by using 'Alter advancement' before he has leveled. (This might be the case for Lethalia as well if you chose to play as Lethalia in chapte VI.)
If he does so, the advancement option 'leadership (as level 5 unit)' shows up, even though he already has that ability. The game seems to think that this is the altered advancement choice, so I guess you really shouldn't 'cheat' that way, unless you don't want any leadership advancements avaible.
LotI2-Apologies.gz
(151.28 KiB) Downloaded 239 times
EDIT:
How come that Efraims knife attack is attack only in Apologies?

EDIT 2:
matsjoyce wrote: December 16th, 2017, 10:57 am
Konrad2 wrote:EDIT 2: Unit Information from Efraim shows his Soul Eater Score. (I played Efraim in Chapter 6, he transformed into a Demigod and kept his Soulscore.)
His score should be cleared. Could you attach a save file for the start (pre-dialog) of 15_Apologies?
Here you go. A bit late, but I'm not too late since it hasn't been fixed yet. (Seriously though, sorry for the late answer. I don't remember anymore why I didn't answer.)
LotI2-Apologies.gz
(151.28 KiB) Downloaded 239 times
EDIT 3:
Another Orcish Assault
For some reason my enemy has a village under control which is right next to my starting keep even though he is on the other side of the map. (32,33)
LotI2-Another Orcish Assault-Auto-Save1.gz
(426.77 KiB) Downloaded 231 times
EDIT 4:
I've got a gem in my item storage. Also, some but not all units have apparently gems equipped. So far I've found 2 Diamonds and one Topaz. It's very confusing for me.
Spoiler:
I think this Topaz landed in my item storage when it was picked up last scenario as a 'Picked item x which you couldn't pick up.'
bobpanda

Post by bobpanda »

In the chapter 5 of Part I, why can't I recall the units from chapter 4...... In chapter 4, I recalled 6-7 my most powerful warriors to fight, including a high-level duke and three l5 dragon riders with extremely high physical resistances:100% blade, 100% pierce and 100% impact resistances. Together with them, loads of powerful items were lost in chapter 4, which makes my remaining force vulnerable to the powerful steel army in chapter 5. So it took me a lot of boring time to train new dragon riders and to craft new items by killing endless steel army warriors. I hope in future versions, units in chapter 4 can be recalled in chapter 5.
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

There is a bug in the version of LotI I've played (Don't recall which version, I'll write here when I am back to my comp). In chapter 10 "Idols Falling" scenario you need to kill all disguised demons in the temple, and the last of them is Demon False Prophet. I attacked him with Krux, and Krux redeemed him, and scenario wasn't finished properly, lesser redeem wasn't counted as a kill. I had to reload this move and just killed him in a normal way.

And btw, I didn't get how Krux is improved with achieving lesser redeem aim score. Does he acquire some stats improvement or what?
Co-founder and current maintainer of IsarFoundation, Afterlife Rated and overall Wesnoth Autohost Project
Developer and maintainer of my fork of World Conquest, Invincibles Conquest II
dabber

Post by dabber »

dwarftough wrote: January 24th, 2020, 2:48 amAnd btw, I didn't get how Krux is improved with achieving lesser redeem aim score. Does he acquire some stats improvement or what?
Current versions of LotI will show his lesser redeem benefits in the AMLA list under "Unit Information".
WackoJacko

Post by WackoJacko »

Playing on Hard, Wesnoth 1.14.8, latest LotI version (i wanna say 3.2.6? not entirely sure though)

Part 1, Chapter 1, Scenario 3: Banished
My enemy recruited a Troll Whelp with 10x4 melee attack, is this intentional?

It seems like loyal is one of the random traits that can be assigned when recruiting, again, is this intentional?
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

WackoJacko wrote: January 31st, 2020, 8:14 am It seems like loyal is one of the random traits that can be assigned when recruiting, again, is this intentional?
That's intentional.
WackoJacko

Post by WackoJacko »

I remember playing LotI a while ago (more than a year) and I'm pretty sure books used to add a 20% penalty to your max XP. However I can't find anything in the "Help" section, is this still the case?
dabber

Post by dabber »

All AMLAs make the next one cost 20% more xp. Except for the main characters, who take only an 8% penalty.

For example,
Your level 4 needs 100 xp to level
You get another 100 xp, take 'better with sword' for +1 damage with that attack. Now you need 120 xp for next level.
You get another 120 xp, take 'faster' for +1 movement. Now you need 144 xp for next level.
You read Tome of Liches. You get another 144 xp, take 'casting undead spells'. Now you need 173 xp for next level.
WackoJacko

Post by WackoJacko »

Sorry, I don't think I explained myself properly, I thought there was an additional 20% penalty on top of the basic +20%

EDIT:
Chapter 2, Scenario 1, playing on Hard (latest version I believe)
Umbra appears twice, once as the leader in the south and again adjacent to my leaders when the scenario begins (although the second one is a basic Elvish Hero). Save attached.
LotI1-The Beginning-Auto-Save1.gz
(380.2 KiB) Downloaded 270 times
Lol nevermind :oops: , its story related :lol: :lol: :lol: