cannot edit safes

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
OneWayHero

cannot edit safes

Post by OneWayHero »

hello community,

recently 2 of my loyal units just dissappeared in a campain. strangely i noticed that too late and now i dont wanna replay 2 scenarios. instead i would be fine with editing the safes and make 2 new loyal units ... and here comes the problem: the safe data is all gibberish with strange symbols.
whats the way to fix that?

with the best intentions

OneWayHero
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Re: cannot edit safes

Post by Pentarctagon »

Is this a mainline campaign, or an add-on campaign?
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

OneWayHero wrote: January 9th, 2020, 9:59 pm recently 2 of my loyal units just dissappeared in a campain. strangely i noticed that too late and now i dont wanna replay 2 scenarios. instead i would be fine with editing the safes and make 2 new loyal units ... and here comes the problem: the safe data is all gibberish with strange symbols.
Saves are compressed using the gzip algorithm by default (Preferences → Advanced → Compress saved games). Disabling compression is possible, but since saves tend to be ridiculously large without compression, you may start to see a noticeable drop in available disk space.

As an alternative, on Windows you can use a free tool such as 7-zip to manually uncompress individual saved game files. On Linux you can use gunzip or pretty much any tool that can read compressed files. I don't use macOS so I don't have any specific recommendations for that.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Wayirr

Post by Wayirr »

By the way, wesnoth itself provides command line options to gzip and gunzip files and bzip2 and bunzip2 as well. So it's not necessary to use any third party tools. Though of course, it requires some computer skill to use command line tools like that.
OneWayHero

Post by OneWayHero »

thank you for all your fast replies to my problem! the removal of compressed saving did the job ...but i cant find where to change the trait so my unit gets the golden loyalty "bar". since i want it to be loyal after the lvl up too... "upkeep="loyal" " doesnt seem to be sufficient.
Pentarctagon wrote: January 10th, 2020, 12:20 am Is this a mainline campaign, or an add-on campaign?
and its a mainline campain. the one with kalenz as MC.

Edit: i got the permanent loyal trait into the unit but am stil missing the bar ._.