Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
12%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 241

congdm

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by congdm »

I've found another bug, when there are many units AMLA in the same turn (during enemy's phase), only one AMLA window will be displayed.
Spirit_of_Currents

Post by Spirit_of_Currents »

I remember, when a unit equips a potion, then another, the effect of the first potion disappears from the unit. Maybe the first potion goes back to the item storage.
There are very much electrical currents in my brain.
boyoyoy

Post by boyoyoy »

Hi,
these black units, in chapter 7 scenario 14 - Arctic Wastelands, have the image of the normal unit, of course in red, when they burn.
Attachments
The rider isn't a shadow or sth. like that anymore.
The rider isn't a shadow or sth. like that anymore.
Still thinking about, if I should think about what I should think about...
boyoyoy

Post by boyoyoy »

Hi,
I found something else, that I'd not have expected. (hope the gramar is ok :D )
If you you use attacks with the special hose, the units behind the target get damage, too.
But if they are invisible, you can see the damage they received.
When I saw that, I was a bit confused :D -
I attached my save-file, just attack the unit at 82,44 with the fire blast.
When I found the nightgaunt, I was very happy that I don't get crazy :)
If that is intentionally, just ignore that post :D
Attachments
LotI2_invisible_unit_hit_bug.gz
(439.93 KiB) Downloaded 169 times
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

congdm wrote: December 25th, 2019, 1:36 pm Hi Dugi, the new inventory menu is totally wonderful, now it's easier to see which kind of item we could equip for our units. However, I think there is a bug with this new inventory menu, when I try to unequip an item slot and then click the "Close" button, it will automatically equip an item into that slot. Also, when I equip a potion, I cannot find anything to unequip it, I think when the item is potion, you should disable the equip button and make an "Use item" button.
I have fixed this. The new beta should contain it. It took me a lot of time because the GUI system's code is, although written quite well, rather hard to read for me.
congdm wrote: December 25th, 2019, 1:36 pm Another thing I noticed is that now we can equip items everywhere, at anytime, no longer need to be at keeps or at turn 1,2. Is it a new feature?
No, this is a bug. Item swapping in the middle of combat is not intended.
EDIT: Fixed.
congdm wrote: December 25th, 2019, 1:36 pm Sadly, it still happens with the newest version.
Fixed. Should be in the beta. It was actually a combination of two distinct bugs, one of them caused a dummy attack to be shown and another that prevented a bonus attack from being shown.
congdm wrote: December 25th, 2019, 6:47 pm I've found another bug, when there are many units AMLA in the same turn (during enemy's phase), only one AMLA window will be displayed.
This one will be hard to find. Do you happen to have a save file where more of the player's units advance during enemy turn? It's a situation that isn't easy to replicate.
Spirit_of_Currents wrote: December 26th, 2019, 12:58 pm I remember, when a unit equips a potion, then another, the effect of the first potion disappears from the unit. Maybe the first potion goes back to the item storage.
I was able to replicate this. I will investigate.
boyoyoy wrote: December 26th, 2019, 6:03 pm Hi,
these black units, in chapter 7 scenario 14 - Arctic Wastelands, have the image of the normal unit, of course in red, when they burn.
There's no good way of making a combination of the burning effect and the black soul effect. Maybe I could make the black souls immune to incineration?
boyoyoy wrote: December 27th, 2019, 6:35 pm Hi,
I found something else, that I'd not have expected. (hope the gramar is ok :D )
If you you use attacks with the special hose, the units behind the target get damage, too.
But if they are invisible, you can see the damage they received.
When I saw that, I was a bit confused :D -
I attached my save-file, just attack the unit at 82,44 with the fire blast.
When I found the nightgaunt, I was very happy that I don't get crazy :)
If that is intentionally, just ignore that post :D
Technically, there is a unit that is hurt, so the damage should be shown, but it could be hidden, I agree.
EDIT: It should no longer be shown in the current github version.

Also, there seems to be a bug causing the Cancel button in the inventory make the some actions happen with the first option shown when trying to close the window. I will fix it tomorrow evening or sometime else.
Last edited by Dugi on December 29th, 2019, 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
congdm

Post by congdm »

Dugi wrote: December 27th, 2019, 10:31 pm This one will be hard to find. Do you happen to have a save file where more of the player's units advance during enemy turn? It's a situation that isn't easy to replicate.
Here is the save file of that situation, the Duke and the Celestial Messenger will level up if they survive the onslaught, if only one will receive the AMLA.
Attachments
LotI2-Misguiding Lives Turn 14.gz
(282.9 KiB) Downloaded 157 times
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Dugi wrote: December 27th, 2019, 10:31 pm It seems that the beta is no longer updated. I don't quite know why as I am neither the one who wrote the code that uploads the beta nor have any idea how it works.
It seems the uploading isn't broken, but it tries to run a piece of Python (wmllint, supposed to check for some types of errors in the campaign's code) code that crashes, preventing further steps (the upload) from taking place. I have asked the guy who wrote what to do with it, if he doesn't help, I'll just remove it.

EDIT: He fixed it and told me how to fix it if it happens again. It should be uploaded within the next 24 hours.
Dugi wrote: December 27th, 2019, 10:31 pm Also, there seems to be a bug causing the Cancel button in the inventory make the some actions happen with the first option shown when trying to close the window. I will fix it tomorrow evening or sometime else.
I have fixed it.
congdm wrote: December 28th, 2019, 8:20 pm Here is the save file of that situation, the Duke and the Celestial Messenger will level up if they survive the onslaught, if only one will receive the AMLA.
Thank you. I will look at it.
Spirit_of_Currents

Post by Spirit_of_Currents »

1. I dislike having many and weak units so I only use loyal units. That’s why I need to use debug mode and/or edit game files, at least at start.

2. I think Mario the peasant should be able to equip some kind of weapon. Otherwise he is very hard to advance.

3. I gave Mario the peasant The Touch of Death and Vanquisher’s Mithral Armour but they had no effect on his attacks.
There are very much electrical currents in my brain.
FelixMage

Post by FelixMage »

With the new item UI, attempting to remove items from units on the recall list puts the item into storage, but doesn't remove it from the unit, thus duping the item, this can be done essentially infinitely many times.

With that said the new item UI is pretty damn great, this is exactly something that I have wanted for a long time.

Great job by both edwardspec and Dugi in working on making the whole item system better than ever.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Spirit_of_Currents wrote: January 1st, 2020, 1:37 pm 1. I dislike having many and weak units so I only use loyal units. That’s why I need to use debug mode and/or edit game files, at least at start.
I am not going to do anything about this. Hm, or maybe I could remove the random loyal recruiting thing.
Spirit_of_Currents wrote: January 1st, 2020, 1:37 pm 2. I think Mario the peasant should be able to equip some kind of weapon. Otherwise he is very hard to advance.

3. I gave Mario the peasant The Touch of Death and Vanquisher’s Mithral Armour but they had no effect on his attacks.
This is the same error. His pitchfork was not counted as a weapon. I have fixed it.
FelixMage wrote: January 1st, 2020, 4:45 pm With the new item UI, attempting to remove items from units on the recall list puts the item into storage, but doesn't remove it from the unit, thus duping the item, this can be done essentially infinitely many times.
Fixed.
FelixMage wrote: January 1st, 2020, 4:45 pm With that said the new item UI is pretty damn great, this is exactly something that I have wanted for a long time.

Great job by both edwardspec and Dugi in working on making the whole item system better than ever.
Most of the thanks goes to edwardspec, he's a professional UI designer and he did it much better than I would.

Also, the item drop system has been remade. Although most of the changes are internal, it comes with several external changes as well (based on an earlier discussion):
  • The drop frequency of all items (including gems) has been reviewed
  • A greater variety of items can now drop in part 1, though some less interesting items and set items have been made more common
  • The drop chance of all items in part 2 is now the same, except for set items, whose individual chances to drop are now twice as high than for non-set items and healing potions
  • About 20 of the best items have been turned into rare items that don't randomly drop, but can be found on the ground in hidden locations
  • Items stored in the dungeons of chapter 5 are random items from part 2
  • Items on the ground in chapter 9 now come from a demon-themed subgroup, with one otherwise-unobtainable one
If you find some of the drop chance changes disagreeable, tell me about it. Also, what do you guys think about making the crafting recipes unlockable? Like that they could be a common drop type or discovered in groups at some specific locations or something.

I want to add some kind of item encyclopedia, listing all item that you have already seen as well as their drop chances, but I am not going to do it anytime soon.

P. S. I have turned Deathblade Inheritance into a randomly dropped item and replaced the recipe with a new one.
P. P. S. The beta is now uploaded to the 1.15 server, is it working there fine? I will get a new laptop soon and I don't feel like installing 1.15 on the old one.
vghetto

Post by vghetto »

Hi,

In the tutorial for part 1, Delenia disappears after asking you to pickup the sword.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

vghetto wrote: January 2nd, 2020, 2:28 am Hi,

In the tutorial for part 1, Delenia disappears after asking you to pickup the sword.
I was not able to replicate the issue, all went fine for me, but fortunately, edwardspec could and he fixed it. I have uploaded the fix, just update add-ons and you'll have it fixed.
boyoyoy

Post by boyoyoy »

Hi,
there is something else to report!

It is possible to kill Delenia in the tutorial :D - of course just 2,3% or something like that, but I started with something like 24 of 25 xp for efraim! Maybe you shall increase Delenias resistances or her hp - just for the tutorial. But after the tutorial she was back :D

I used the ability from legacy of light, to revive undead, so to bring them back to live. In my save, I attached, the revived unit has more than max hp :D
Attack the unit at 12/2 with the dragon rider at 13/3. I always had the same result.

boyoyoy
Attachments
Bug_more_hp_than_possible.gz
Attack the unit at 12/2 with the dragon rider at 13/3.
(444.27 KiB) Downloaded 160 times
Shardeth

Post by Shardeth »

Hello,

I got following error message at the start of turn 2 when trying to start the 2nd part of the campaign with the latest version:

20200102 19:00:29 error engine: failed to auto-store $second_unit at (-999,-999)
20200102 19:00:31 error scripting/lua: ~add-ons/Legend_of_the_Invincibles/lua/items.lua:313: attempt to index a nil value (upvalue 'item_generation_lists')
stack traceback:
~add-ons/Legend_of_the_Invincibles/lua/items.lua:313: in field 'generate'
~add-ons/Legend_of_the_Invincibles/lua/items.lua:815: in local 'cmd'
lua/wml-utils.lua:145: in field 'handle_event_commands'
lua/wml-flow.lua:6: in function <lua/wml-flow.lua:5>

The error appears every time I try to start a new game on my freshly installed Wesnoth on pc and I could find no items at all.
edwardspec

Post by edwardspec »

Shardeth wrote: January 2nd, 2020, 5:06 pm20200102 19:00:31 error scripting/lua: ~add-ons/Legend_of_the_Invincibles/lua/items.lua:313: attempt to index a nil value (upvalue 'item_generation_lists')
Fixed, should work in the latest beta.
boyoyoy wrote: January 2nd, 2020, 3:14 pm1. It is possible to kill Delenia in the tutorial :D - of course just 2,3% or something like that, but I started with something like 24 of 25 xp for efraim! Maybe you shall increase Delenias resistances or her hp - just for the tutorial. But after the tutorial she was back :D
How? She has 62 hitpoints, Efraim can deal 32 damage with sword (if he hits every time) or 9 with magic.