Strange Legacy - 1.16 RPG World (Markets Upgrade)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

white_haired_uncle

Re: Strange Legacy - 1.16 RPG World (Markets Upgrade)

Post by white_haired_uncle »

Ah, thanks. I was thinking that picks could only open certain walls (maybe from LotI, or a certain mission in TSL). Didn't know about using bombs on walls. I bought some bombs, because they were for sale, and well, they're bombs.

BTW
Spoiler:
Oh yeah, I take image snapshots of the GUI in various markets so I can remember what they have and roughly what they buy and sell for. But that gets kind of tedious to collect and sort through. It would be nice to have something built in. Perhaps a menu where I could view the last known prices at markets I had visited. A random event when meeting traders/caravans that would give me the current prices for a market? An option in the traders' guild where I could purchase updated info on markets? Gossip in a tavern about a really good deal on some item in some market? Just thinking out loud.

Attached, unit type Crap?

Speaking of craps, IMO the craps on Crap Beach are level one units. Hard to damage, high HP, and regenerating. That's a good level 2 at least, maybe level 3. With the amount of work they take to kill, I'd expect more XP in return.

Also in the attached, if you play it for a few turns and use the befriend spell on some units, you'll find that they are not turned into allies. I also just noticed the swampwitch can have more than her max amount of HP. Perhaps it's the splashdrain, or the combination of drain and splashdrain?
Attachments
TSL-The Hegemony-Auto-Save2.gz
(732.26 KiB) Downloaded 489 times
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Markets are still in work. The real idea of the 1.16 arc was to change the markets (with production of cities, limited number of goods and real prices for each town).

The markets now work like this:
Spoiler:
Yeah, Splashdrain is intended to give you extra hp, an extra shield as bolster so to say. Crap will be increased to level 2. Some trading options are not intended, in earlier version of the game you couldn't sell consumeables at all. Usually it should be enough that you just get 1/8 of the buying price to prevent trading with these goods, but selling unnecessary goods for a price. It could be that those changes don't influence your game, as you haven't restarted yet.
The future belongs to those, who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
Developer of: Trapped, Five Fates, Strange Legacy, Epical, UR Epic Era
Dungeonmasters of Wesnoth, Wild Peasants vs Devouring Corpses, Dwarf Dwarfson Dwarvenminer
Stahlrohr

Post by Stahlrohr »

Floating boots: you still have the trap immunity effect after you took off them.
Teleport traps are funny when wearing floating boots ( or still have trap immunity): they create a clone when they are triggered. You are not teleported away, but a new clone appears on a random position. You can do this several times and spam the whole map with your clones
white_haired_uncle

As I've entered the last couple dungeon levels, I've gotten an error which can be seen in the image. I couldn't reproduce it from the save, but here it is anyway. I just noticed that my starting location was in a wall the second time. And where's my wisp?

When I get to level 11 (I had to go to 11, no joke, because my wisp wasn't with me on level 10) in that dungeon, there's a bunch of saurians and someone says something about destroying my teleport scrolls. So I go to the cast spells menu, use teleport, and grab the artifact on turn one.

In the last save file I posted, later on I'll encounter three types of elementals, but they don't have the elemental trait.

At the end of that scenario, I have the dragon cornered with drake gliders. If I'm lucky, they pick up 5XP per turn attacking the dragon. If I'm really lucky, they die and I get two dragonleather for 16GP. I can't remember what dragonleather is going for, but I think it's a LOT more than that.

I've now sung successfully around 7-8 times. According to the bard in HC, I have zero. Unless I have to sing successfully 5 times more than I get booed, it's not working.

In encounters, when a pocketthief hits there's a blue +20. I'm not sure what this is. It's not gold, as my gold doesn't decrease.

At some point, I picked up a spell to bless my own weapons. That could be handy, since my grinderaxe keeps reverting to cold and I can't figure out why (it's not because I change weapons in inventory, I noticed that so I made a point not to). But I can't find the spell anywhere in the menus.

In the orc arena, it appears that if you befriend an enemy you can't progress to the next round.
Attachments
rangecheckpartytimeexcellent.PNG
TSL-Infinite Dungeon Turn 3.gz
(820.52 KiB) Downloaded 459 times
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

The weaponspells are "Summons" and can be found in the menu. It can happen that the random dungeon breaks, unfortunately I wasn't able to find out when. However the exit is still available and allows you to flee.

Saurians: Yeah, Teleportspell will work, but if you don't have it you will have to fight your way through the enemies.

Dragonleather is rewarded when a unit dies and you have learned scavenging. I admit that I had a better solution for that, dropping real corpses that could be grinded, but it is not working in 1.14.

Successful singing are the top 2 options, I've tested that and it worked for me. If you sing too bad, it doesn't count.

Not all elements have the elemental trait.

Pickpocket is broken again, hm that probably happened when changing from 1.12. to 1.14. This is no fun.
Dungeonmasters of Wesnoth, Wild Peasants vs Devouring Corpses, Dwarf Dwarfson Dwarvenminer
white_haired_uncle

Range and melee attack improvements aren't working for me. In the attached, you can level up Addec and see that choosing one of them (I've forgotten which already) doesn't have any effect. Neither one works for Saevan, or the ulfguard as I recall.

EDIT: Just levelled up Saevan. Both the Strength/Melee and Dexterity/Ranged options add one to melee attacks.

If you play the attached forward a bit to the next round, you may note a considerable performance issue. After the enemy turn begins, it takes about a minute (didn't count) for the first unit to attack. The second one takes 46 seconds, then 18 seconds, then a couple, then the rest attack in a flash. My laptop has some cheap celery garbage cpu, but I can play other scenarios with hundreds of enemies and I don't see this, it's only in the arena.

Pango doesn't cure frozen.

I have yet to be able to pickpocket a NPC. I don't think it's skill/luck at this point. And once I rolled -19.

It would be nice to have an icon, like slow/poison, for venom.

Several times I've gone to the CC crafts and heard gossip about the orphan's home. I remember an event there from playing before, but I'm not seeing it.

When I sold my painarmour to the orcs, I got the correct 300,000, but the dialog said "Here take 600,000...".

There's something to examine in the north. It doesn't do anything. Or at least it didn't say anything.
Attachments
TSL-Arena-Auto-Save10.gz
(859.82 KiB) Downloaded 492 times
Last edited by white_haired_uncle on July 9th, 2019, 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Do you mean the amla improvements?

Where do you encounter performance issues? Which level is that? The arena and what arena, there are several?

Pango doesn't cure frozen indeed, as it heals itself, such as entangled.

Dice can be negative in pickpocket to prevent you to always win when having a high enough skill.

Venom Icon, for what? The spell, the poison?

Orphans - could it be that the orphans don't trust you? Maybe increase a skill called 'caretaking'.

Painarmor? Maybe the macro is broken, got to look into that.

Examine - you probably have examined this once.
white_haired_uncle

Yes, AMLA.

Perf issue in Orc arena in north

Description of pango says cures all negative except poison/venom. I think it should also say frozen,

Sometimes when one of my units has been infected by venom I don't notice it because the "affected by poison" message doesn't fit on the screen because the unit has wearsarmor, ring, etc.

I have 198 caretaking.

EDIT: In the Thieves Guild, I have lockpicked 5 dungeon treasures. It appears I might be able to collect that as many times as I want.
Attachments
uhno.PNG
Last edited by white_haired_uncle on July 9th, 2019, 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

*gnarf* I tested that in the old versions -,-.

The thief guild is intended to be infinite.
boyoyoy

Post by boyoyoy »

Entering mainland, in the story is written, that the elves moved to the west - didn't played strange legacy for some month, but aren't they in the east?
Still thinking about, if I should think about what I should think about...
boyoyoy

Post by boyoyoy »

Hi,

with the weapin special "becharm" you can take control over enemies in duels - so the duel doesn't end and you HAVE to leave the duel and you lose fame.
Couldn't take control over an leader in an ambush, too and got an error, that no unit can be unstored, because there is no stored unit.

boyoyoy
Still thinking about, if I should think about what I should think about...
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Hi Boyoyoy,

yeah, the west think with elven was written before I made the actual map. It should be east. Will change that, thanks for reporting.
I've overworked becharmed a while ago, maybe it's not that way in the actual version, but I have to check this and I hardly have time.

Regards

Heindal
white_haired_uncle

Heindal wrote: July 27th, 2019, 8:12 pm Hi Boyoyoy,

yeah, the west think with elven was written before I made the actual map. It should be east. Will change that, thanks for reporting.
I've overworked becharmed a while ago, maybe it's not that way in the actual version, but I have to check this and I hardly have time.

Regards

Heindal
Elves are also listed in west somewhere related to territory permissions. I THINK it might be City Hall.
Heindal

Strange Legacy - 1.16.8 Halloween Update

Post by Heindal »

1.16.8 Mounts and More

Kings Councilor: "It´s been a while. The Ascension is near. Zombies rise and pumpkins are placed. One year has passed and the world has changed within this one year. Portals? Where the heck do people get portals from?! They are placing them everywhere to fool people, I mean if they would at least place flowers, but no - portals! And I for one think that it is a mistake to allow mounted riders in the streets, but his majesty needs the additional taxes it seems. What for? For madness! He built a third sewer level, but maybe there is more behind this expensive endeavor than it seems. Maybe this is an excavation of some sort? But what could be down there to justify such costs? Wait? What is this? A dwarf riding a rock, or is it an elf? You can´t say for sure, for everyone´s wearing costumes nowadays. Time to get them decorations for myself in this new fancy store. Farewell folks."

New Features:

> You can now buy and equip 15 different and unique mounts.
> They so far are just a cosmetic change and have no effect on the character.
> All Mounts can be bought in the stable (trader district) in capital city, later on they will be a faction reward with restricted access.

> third sewer dungeon
> new explore feature, which allows 'infinite' exploration
> secret hidden inside of this dungeon with a cool reward for experienced and new players as well

> 2 new mission types:
> Build Road will require you to build a road on a map for the trader guild
> Graveyard mission will spawn a graveyard on the map with zombies

> disguise yourself at the barber shop (trader district) in capital city

> place decorations such as trees, pumpkins, flowers, presents and more
> some decorations are now animated

> karma can be used to discard encounters
> karma can additionally be earned by talking about "faith" in some situations
> charismatic smile can be used to discard random npc encounters
> Added a variety of new icons for different items.

Changes:
> "Inventory" no longer shows the Resistance and Buffs, but the equipped items.
> You can however access Resistance and Buffs in the an extra message.
> the second sewer dungeons in capital city can be accessed without a rope, once you reached level 4.
> added ladders to dungeons
> removed the option to place pumpkins in "actions"

Fixes:
> Getting a random killing mission, will no longer show the the questlist of an existing mission.
> Corrected mainline story - elves no longer moved to the "west" but the east.
> added a variable that prevents robbing the bank over and over again
> fixed: treasure location should now show after an encounter

> infinite random dungeons:
> repaired infinite random dungeons creation, added new tiles for more differences
> dark wood and swamp fortress will have a signpost as exit
> ancient will have a stairway as exit
> improved dungeon sizes
> changed entrance tile
> slightly overworked swamp dungeons

> random dungeons:
> rivers will extend over the entire map even so on bigger maps
> rivers of water will be replaced with lava in random dungeons too
> rivers of lava spawn different creatures in random dungeons too

> mission requirement will show now, when being declined
Heindal

1.16.9 Preacher, Strange Legacy

Post by Heindal »

1.16.9 Preacher, Strange Legacy uploaded to the servers.

>>Mounts

> ascension ends, season is spring again
> added gorer, rat, dragon, ram as mounts
> added stables to the major factions, which allows to buy a variety of mounts
> improved overlay for mounts

>> Areatraps

> modernized code for traps using harm unit
> areatraps will now trigger, when a unit hits any field adjacent to the trap and causes all units to take damage in the area
> animations will show for the entire area
> some trapeffects will just hit the unit that triggered the trap
> using this, areatraps can be used to lure enemies into traps as well
> note that there are two trap effects > kill and petrify, which can be nasty.

>> Randomtraps in Dungeons

> random dungeons now contain areatraps
> random dungeon traps are now 'random', with different (partially deadly or devasting) effects, animations and sounds
> added cave-in as trap-effect which will change the terrain

>> Animations and new graphics

> added new portraits for angels and gods of light
> added new picture for random caves
> rainfall animation will now show (images needs to be overworked, but exists as working concept)
> added icons for all new mounts
> added new graphic for random dungeons

>> Overworked encounter maps

> all encounters on all terrains now have greater variety of maps (added 7 maps)
> overworked encounter maps to offer more tactical options, such as different terrain, optional ways to go, places to hide and potential choke points

>> New Building Church

> can produce karma, doesn´t cost money to buy, but require karma and charisma.
> services can produce karma and gold
> owning a church will increase your chance for a combat miracle by 20% (both gods) and slightly increases the chance for prayers in temples
> this bonus can even be increased by successful miracles or upgrades
> prayers in your church produce 2 karma instead of one and have a chance for a miracle by the light gods and dark gods
> praying in your own church has a way higher chance for a miracle, but a successful prayer costs karma
(miracles in other temples usually give you a small karma boost)
> hire necromancers and paladins for faith

>> Miracles overworked

> miracles in all temples now have more different and more powerful effects
> miracles now have lower fame requirements
> prayer now has a description
> combat miracles now have twelve different random effects
> unsuccessful combat miracles no longer drain an action and takes less karma to be casted
> combat miracles are now available in the cast spells too
Spoiler:
>> Dungeon Changes

> you receive more karma for praying in a dungeon temple, even so no miracle is triggered
> mystical wells in dungeons additionally will restore your maximum stamina and mana

>>Balancing:

> Donations in temples now cost 1000 gp
> Donations are now stronger, charisma increases fame
> Lurker Ability will allow to hide in Swamp terrain (requires 5 luck or 5 dexterity to be unlocked)
> Predator Ability will allow to hide in Mud terrain (requires 7 luck or 7 dexterity to be unlocked)

>>RPG Mode

> Class Paladin (Johanna) now receives 1000 karma and starts with a church and 3000 fame.

>>Fixes:

> kidnapped persons in randomcave now have an avatar as in infinite dungeons
> improved wording (whisp)