Creating Campaign On Non Rooted Android Device

The place to post your WML questions and answers.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
  • Please use [code] BBCode tags in your posts for embedding WML snippets.
  • To keep your code readable so that others can easily help you, make sure to indent it following our conventions.
DEAD-HEAD

Creating Campaign On Non Rooted Android Device

Post by DEAD-HEAD »

So Wesnothians I have a non rooted Android device which I don't want to root,but I want to make a Single Player Campaign on my device.

I already made Scenario and Map file and placed it in data/campaign/(name)/mapsANDscenario.But I did not added unit folder or "_main" file and when I tried to load that Campaign it did not appeared in my list.

So I wanted to ask is it possible to make a whole Campaign of Scenarios on Non Rooted Device which on forum has said to extract saves which is not possible.If yes,I would appreciate a short point wise guide.

And advance elements like text dialogues,special items,trail maps or different objectives like to acquire a item or survive or kill certain number of enemies just like variety presented in Heir To The Throne(Core) Campaign.

Please also paste a link on forum for necessary set of WML to be learned.

Thanks!
gamer&memer
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Re: Creating Campaign On Non Rooted Android Device

Post by Ravana »

Without _main.cfg your addon is not loaded.

Android uses same WML as computer, so no special requirements.
DEAD-HEAD

Post by DEAD-HEAD »

Ravana wrote: August 1st, 2019, 2:54 pm Without _main.cfg your addon is not loaded.

Android uses same WML as computer, so no special requirements.
What is this _main.cfg file exactly?
gamer&memer
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

https://wiki.wesnoth.org/Addonstructure

_main.cfg is the only file wesnoth reads without _main.cfg telling it to load another.
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

Writing code ( which is what you must do you in order to create a campaign) is usually an annoying thing to do on any mobile device whether rooted or not, even if you somehow attach a real keyboard to your phone probably won't work well because if the display size. So to.answwe your question: while it could be possible in theory, it's just not practicable.
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
DEAD-HEAD

Post by DEAD-HEAD »

Game is well emulated with keyboard option no problem in writing any thing through game,but my is to right out of it for saves so that Campaign has complexes
gamer&memer
beetlenaut
Developer

Post by beetlenaut »

You can use the Create link at the top of this page to find out more about campaigns or scenarios, or to get a complete WML tutorial. You can also download WML_Guide from the add-on server to get a short example campaign that you can modify and expand. It also has notes in the code telling you how it works.
Campaigns: Dead Water,
The Founding of Borstep,
Secrets of the Ancients,
and WML Guide
DEAD-HEAD

Post by DEAD-HEAD »

Actually my main problem is that I can't access
.wesnoth1.14 folder because my device ain't rooted(open) so I can't play a Scenario I created because I can't add it in that folder and so I haven't starting with coding
gamer&memer