Finding Woodsman in Map Editor

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
josteph
Inactive Developer

Re: Finding Woodsman in Map Editor

Post by josteph »

EarthCake, here the down arrow does become green when the end of the list is reached. Can you describe how to get to a situation where the down arrow is yellow but at the end of the list?
Cazy243

Post by Cazy243 »

Pentarctagon wrote: July 7th, 2019, 5:44 pm Does it work if you change the resolution to 1280x800 in your preferences?
No, the Woodsman still isn't there.

---
josteph wrote: July 7th, 2019, 5:40 pm If it were at the end of the list, the down arrow should have turned gray. So wesnoth thinks there are more units, but for some reason can't scroll to them.

Do you have any addons installed?

If you start an SP scenario and type :debug then mouse over an empty hex and type :create Woodsman, does it create a Woodsman on that hex?
As far as I know, I don't have any addons installed. When I did what you said, it created a Woodsman, but I still don't know how to add the Woodsman to oen of the recruit lists.

---

Btw, I'm playing on Microsoft Windows 10 (10.0.17134).
And here are part of my logs:
Attachments
wesnoth-20190707-144903-2832.log
(1.02 KiB) Downloaded 266 times
wesnoth-20190707-142742-10516.log
(870 Bytes) Downloaded 268 times
wesnoth-20190707-115029-16028.log
(969 Bytes) Downloaded 270 times
wesnoth-20190706-120259-8940.log
(947 Bytes) Downloaded 264 times
wesnoth-20190630-135026-7936.log
(870 Bytes) Downloaded 267 times
Last edited by Pentarctagon on July 7th, 2019, 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged posts
Cazy243

Post by Cazy243 »

Here are the other two:
Attachments
wesnoth-20190707-212228-4444.log
(870 Bytes) Downloaded 269 times
wesnoth-20190707-184645-16524.log
(3.01 KiB) Downloaded 254 times
josteph
Inactive Developer

Post by josteph »

Cazy243 wrote: July 7th, 2019, 7:42 pm As far as I know, I don't have any addons installed. When I did what you said, it created a Woodsman, but I still don't know how to add the Woodsman to oen of the recruit lists.
As a workaround to the UI issue, you can just add some other unit, save the scenario, exit wesnoth, and edit the scenario in notepad, change the id of whichever unit you used (say, Blood Bat) to Woodsman, then open the scenario in the map editor and continue.

Also, is it actually possible to edit recruit lists in the map editor? I know the editor can be used to place initial units (as in the first scenario of AToTB) but I didn't know it could set recruit lists.

---

From your logs:

Code: Select all

20190707 11:51:31 error general: The file or folder The Reconquista - Meeting.cfg does not exist.
That means you do have addons installed. Can you please send the list of installed addons?

20190707 21:22:19 error display: could not open image '                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        '
20190707 21:22:19 error editor: image for unit type: '                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        ' not found
That's probably related. It looks for a file whose name is one thousand spaces, and doesn't find it.

Can you check if the problem happens when you start wesnoth as wesnoth --noaddons?
Last edited by Pentarctagon on July 7th, 2019, 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged doublepost
EarthCake

Post by EarthCake »

@josteph, I have deinstalled my add-ons, and it seems that this error no longer reproduces. It looks like error causes some add-on.
Cazy243

Post by Cazy243 »

josteph wrote: July 7th, 2019, 8:01 pm From your logs:

20190707 11:51:31 error general: The file or folder The Reconquista - Meeting.cfg does not exist.
That means you do have addons installed. Can you please send the list of installed addons?

20190707 21:22:19 error display: could not open image '                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        '
20190707 21:22:19 error editor: image for unit type: '                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        ' not found
That's probably related. It looks for a file whose name is one thousand spaces, and doesn't find it.

Can you check if the problem happens when you start wesnoth as wesnoth --noaddons?
"The Reconquista - Meeting.cfg" is a scenario that I made myself on the Map Editor.
The folder

C:\Users\caspe\Documents\My Games\Wesnoth1.14\data\add-ons
is empty, so I don't know where I would find any possible addons. Could you tell me how I can start wesnoth like wesnoth --noaddons ? I'm not that good with computers.
(Btw, thanks a lot already for taking the time to help me out, it means a lot to me.)

---
josteph wrote: July 7th, 2019, 7:54 pm
Cazy243 wrote: July 7th, 2019, 7:42 pm As far as I know, I don't have any addons installed. When I did what you said, it created a Woodsman, but I still don't know how to add the Woodsman to oen of the recruit lists.
As a workaround to the UI issue, you can just add some other unit, save the scenario, exit wesnoth, and edit the scenario in notepad, change the id of whichever unit you used (say, Blood Bat) to Woodsman, then open the scenario in the map editor and continue.

Also, is it actually possible to edit recruit lists in the map editor? I know the editor can be used to place initial units (as in the first scenario of AToTB) but I didn't know it could set recruit lists.
And yeah, it is, I only discovered it recently as well.
Last edited by Pentarctagon on July 7th, 2019, 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged doublepost
EarthCake

Post by EarthCake »

Why don't you try to learn WML code if you weren't successful in finding it, and later add in recruit list for that leader that he can recruit Woodsman?
josteph
Inactive Developer

Post by josteph »

EarthCake wrote: July 7th, 2019, 8:06 pm @josteph, I have deinstalled my add-ons, and it seems that this error no longer reproduces. It looks like error causes some add-on.
Could you check which addon it was? It's still a bug (either in core or in an addon).
Cazy243 wrote: July 7th, 2019, 8:24 pm you tell me how I can start wesnoth like wesnoth --noaddons ? I'm not that good with computers.
(Btw, thanks a lot already for taking the time to help me out, it means a lot to me.)
I don't use Windows, but broadly, create a shortcut to wesnoth, right click, choose properties, and in the box that says \foo\bar\baz\wesnoth.exe append --noaddons. If there are double quotes in there, add that word outside the double quotes. Someone using windows should be able to clarify.
Cazy243

Post by Cazy243 »

josteph wrote: July 8th, 2019, 2:44 pm
EarthCake wrote: July 7th, 2019, 8:06 pm @josteph, I have deinstalled my add-ons, and it seems that this error no longer reproduces. It looks like error causes some add-on.
Could you check which addon it was? It's still a bug (either in core or in an addon).
Cazy243 wrote: July 7th, 2019, 8:24 pm you tell me how I can start wesnoth like wesnoth --noaddons ? I'm not that good with computers.
I don't use Windows, but broadly, create a shortcut to wesnoth, right click, choose properties, and in the box that says \foo\bar\baz\wesnoth.exe append --noaddons. If there are double quotes in there, add that word outside the double quotes. Someone using windows should be able to clarify.
Thanks for the help, I've been able to fix it by adding another unit to the recruit list and then changing that unit in the folder of the scenario to the Woodsman. When I click on properties, it only gives me this URL: steam://rungameid/599390, I think because I've got Wesnoth from Steam.