Finding Woodsman in Map Editor

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
Cazy243

Finding Woodsman in Map Editor

Post by Cazy243 »

Hi,
I'm using the Map Editor for Version 1.14.7 and I'm having trouble finding the Woodsman in the unit list. I would like to add the Woodsman to the Recruit List of one of the leaders, as I've done with other units, but he doesn't seem to be anywhere in the list among the other Human troops.
Could anyone tell me if this is a problem only I'm having or if this is just a common bug?
Thanks in advance.
EarthCake

Re: Finding Woodsman in Map Editor

Post by EarthCake »

The Woodsman is on the bottom, one of the last units.
Cazy243

Post by Cazy243 »

For me, no units after the Thug are shown.
EarthCake

Post by EarthCake »

Can you maybe provide a screenshot?
Cazy243

Post by Cazy243 »

Capture - troops.PNG
Capture - troops 2.PNG
josteph
Inactive Developer

Post by josteph »

You need to press the "Down Arrow" button (above Iron Mauler) again to see the last row of units. Mousewheel also works.
EarthCake

Post by EarthCake »

josteph wrote: July 7th, 2019, 4:01 pm You need to press the "Down Arrow" button (above Iron Mauler) again to see the last row of units. Mousewheel also works.
I think that it is not the problem. There are two different sscreenshots, in which one is at one point (ie point 1), and another one that is down from point 1.
Cazy243

Post by Cazy243 »

Yeah, it won't go down any further.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

What resolution are you using? There should be one more row with the Trapper, White Mage, and Woodsman available.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
Cazy243

Post by Cazy243 »

Pentarctagon wrote: July 7th, 2019, 5:14 pm What resolution are you using? There should be one more row with the Trapper, White Mage, and Woodsman available.
To take the screenshot, I used 1536x845, but even on fullscreen those three units didn't show up, there was just a bit of blank space underneath the Spearman, Swordsman, Thief and Thug, like you get underneath the end of a unit list.
josteph
Inactive Developer

Post by josteph »

EarthCake wrote: July 7th, 2019, 4:10 pm
josteph wrote: July 7th, 2019, 4:01 pm You need to press the "Down Arrow" button (above Iron Mauler) again to see the last row of units. Mousewheel also works.
I think that it is not the problem. There are two different sscreenshots, in which one is at one point (ie point 1), and another one that is down from point 1.
Look at the color of the up arrow in both screenshots. In the first screenshot it's grayed out (button disabled), in the second screenshot its yellowish (button not disabled). The down arrow is in the latter color in both screenshots, which tells me the second screenshot isn't at the bottom of the list.
Cazy243

Post by Cazy243 »

josteph wrote: July 7th, 2019, 5:31 pm
Look at the color of the up arrow in both screenshots. In the first screenshot it's grayed out (button disabled), in the second screenshot its yellowish (button not disabled). The down arrow is in the latter color in both screenshots, which tells me the second screenshot isn't at the bottom of the list.
Yes, it is. Even in fullscreen when I can see the row that's underneath (which is just blank) and I click the arrow, nothing happens, it just stays like that.
josteph
Inactive Developer

Post by josteph »

If it were at the end of the list, the down arrow should have turned gray. So wesnoth thinks there are more units, but for some reason can't scroll to them.

Do you have any addons installed?

If you start an SP scenario and type :debug then mouse over an empty hex and type :create Woodsman, does it create a Woodsman on that hex?
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

Does it work if you change the resolution to 1280x800 in your preferences?
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
EarthCake

Post by EarthCake »

josteph wrote: July 7th, 2019, 5:31 pm
That happens to me usually, that I can't go down or up, but arrows are still same colored.