Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
12%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 241

dabber

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by dabber »

Whiskeyjack wrote: April 23rd, 2019, 9:04 pm Thundering Revenge: Never crafted it. But looking at it now - why are you using Cunctator's Sword again, dabber? :D
I don't see the comparison. Cunctator's sword is for area slow ... the wielder doesn't kill anything. Thundering Revenge is for mass damage.
Whiskeyjack

Post by Whiskeyjack »

dabber wrote: April 24th, 2019, 6:18 pm I don't see the comparison. Cu[acronym]nctator's sword is for area slow ... the wielder doesn't kill anything. Thundering Revenge is for mass damage.
[/acronym]

Oh, look, it's the Eidolon's sword moment again... it seems, I really shouldn't be doing this at night...
Under blood-red skies, an old man sits
In the ruins of Carthage - contemplating prophecy.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Whiskeyjack wrote: April 23rd, 2019, 9:04 pm...
Thanks for the input. I will wait for more votes in the poll before I take action, through.
MarcinB wrote: April 24th, 2019, 4:07 pm
Dugi wrote: April 23rd, 2019, 2:29 pm...
something like scenario "where the sun does not shine"?
there is place where 1 bat per turn is spawned(29,9). You can use lethalia to kill bat with meleee attack and vampire bat will be turned into zombie bat(because of plaque). Next bat will be created inside wall.

Right now using this questionable tactic means that You won't be able to collect magical items. Right now You need two units (unit to kill enemy and second unit to collect item). If You will make this change 1 unit will be able easily kill enemy(100% chance to hit) and magical items will be automatically picked at the end of scenario. I can search for more places with spawn place near impassable terrain + long scenario.
I could replace these old spawn points by something that prevents them from spawning if any units are nearby.
MarcinB

Post by MarcinB »

Dugi wrote: April 29th, 2019, 8:20 pm I could replace these old spawn points by something that prevents them from spawning if any units are nearby.
I think that it would be great if You could stop spawning new units if:
hex where they should spawn is occupied by other units
or
they would be spawned inside wall

Please don't stop spawning new units if other units are on adjacent hexes

Opinion on Violent Set and/or Firecast

I think that decreasing power of violent beatdown and / or firecast would be great.

Violent Beatdown can be used to increase any melee attack(not only staff melee attacks). This is great for units like Warlock, Prophet and more.

how strong it is?
Warlock with highlander, violent set and soul hunter sword will have:
violent beatdown attack 24-6 plus anger
and each hit will also cast his fireball for additional 26 fire damage
this means that his real attack is 50(24 sword and 26 fireball) - 12
this is before any AMLA's and can be easily increased with additional items or better sword.

even without highlander this is still 38(17 sword + 21 fireball) - 12

My Prophet has strange interaction with Violent Beatdown. Whenever is give him new magic weapon his violent beatdown attack is changed.
After giving him sword his sword attack is improved by violent beatdown.
After giving him spear his spear attack is improved by violent beatdown.

Solution:
Change Violent Beatdown
special attack which reduces damage by 50% and gives anger. This still will improve overall damage output because of firecast.
Change bonuses from completing set to something different(not +20% damage bonus for violent beatdown but something different)
maybe small dodge bonus(2-3%) or better vision? nothing powerful

or

Change Violent Beatdown so it can affect only staff attacks (less fun for me).
Last edited by MarcinB on April 30th, 2019, 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by 776 »

Gladiators fled out by going out by being born on the wall, or I stuck the enemy unable to achieve annihilation

Old-fashioned multi
Silver Mage which laid Stormrider on ass
Complete the Hordes of the Other World in a single machine
(6 healing absorb (1) (2) (3))
Corpse who smuggled jewels
When you touch BOSS SpellEater, sunk
Now they don't exist

It is a good memory
Raywyrm

Post by Raywyrm »

Hi

On starting Chapter 5 scenario 2, I autolose the game with the below error. This has me stuck in the game , Please help.

Attaching the save file for reference
Attachments
LotI1-Escape.gz
(298.04 KiB) Downloaded 324 times
Error.jpg
MarcinB

Post by MarcinB »

Underdrawer crossbow

This crossbow gives additional special attacks
but they are based on last ranged attack (attacks from legecies of dragons, shadowwalkers magic etc)

some example of how this can work strangely:
Shadowwalker with full Legacy of Dark Dragon and Underdrawer. Nothing more.
3 - 9 drain, focused, lesser lethargy attack
Efraim as shadowwalker in ch1 (2 amlas to shadow wave, Sword of Krux, Misery Crown, Underdrawer, ). Nothing more.
4-13 magical, backstab, lesser lethargy
Attachments
Bez tytułu.gif
lamty101

Post by lamty101 »

I'm not sure if anyone posted this, but I encounter some quite exploitable bugs in the item system.
(Windows 10 Home, Wesnoth 1.14.6, Legend of the Invincibles 3.2.4d)

Duplicate items
When I click 'Items' -> 'Show items on units on the recall list' -> (A unit) -> 'Unequip all items', somehow the stats of the units doesn't change even though the system thinks the item is unequipped. The items disappears from the units' item list and appears at the storage item list, and can be equipped by someone else. Imagine a player get a very strong equipment and make many units affected by it... (I do restrain my self from doing it, but it make item management more difficult)

A demonstration of the effect (Ice Armour).
LotI1-The Assassination replay recall list.gz
(91.73 KiB) Downloaded 261 times

I play the first levels normally, but Efraim was equipping two Sword of Krux at the same time, at least in tutorial and first scenario. I unequipped one of them irreversibly in scenario 1-1, while somehow he unequipped the 2nd in scenario 1-2. I am not sure what will happen if I don't unequip anything myself, but I still have two Sword of Krux available in storage.

Reducing enemy resistance

Somehow if an unit have an item that says 'Enemy resistance to arcane decreased by 10%', all resistances of enemies are decreased by 10%.

See the Elvish Sylph at 43,50 in turn 6. The enemies around her has -45% resistance for all damage types. (Supposed to be -15% Fire, -15% Cold, -15% Arcane) (A replay saved at turn 6)
By the way it seems it may be hard to keep Argan survive in 1-16 The battle for Ogira, giving his location, number of units and AI stupidity...
Raywyrm

Post by Raywyrm »

lamty101 wrote: May 8th, 2019, 12:00 pm

Duplicate items
When I click 'Items' -> 'Show items on units on the recall list' -> (A unit) -> 'Unequip all items', somehow the stats of the units doesn't change even though the system thinks the item is unequipped. The items disappears from the units' item list and appears at the storage item list, and can be equipped by someone else. Imagine a player get a very strong equipment and make many units affected by it... (I do restrain my self from doing it, but it make item management more difficult)

A demonstration of the effect (Ice Armour).
LotI1-The Assassination replay recall list.gz

By the way it seems it may be hard to keep Argan survive in 1-16 The battle for Ogira, giving his location, number of units and AI stupidity...
I've also encountered this before, when I unequip items on units in recall list . The stats reset if you equip the unit with something . They also reset if you rest the unit in a village. Also once you've recalled these units( the ones that had their equipment removed on recall list ) , their stats would be reset when they are recalled again in a further scenario

Regarding Argan. I remember him holding his own while I cleared one part of the map and got to him for backup . ( And I'm playing on hard ) . Maybe the ai really messed up for you there .
MarcinB

Post by MarcinB »

lamty101 wrote: May 8th, 2019, 12:00 pm Somehow if an unit have an item that says 'Enemy resistance to arcane decreased by 10%', all resistances of enemies are decreased by 10%.

See the Elvish Sylph at 43,50 in turn 6. The enemies around her has -45% resistance for all damage types. (Supposed to be -15% Fire, -15% Cold, -15% Arcane) (A replay saved at turn 6)
LotI1-The Battle for Ogira replay - resistance penetration.gz

Bug with Resistance is already repaired. You may download Legend of Invincibles beta if You want to play without this bug.

Argan will survive. You may even kill his whole army using debug and he will still survive.:P

Dugi:
Helmets:
Apricity and King Salmons Crown are very, very similar.
Both give +1 to movement, +10 % to physical resistances, and +20(apricity)/+30(king salmon) to cold resistance.

Maybe they should be changed a little or maybe one of them should be removed?

Misanthropia:
I think that this item is very powerful compared to his cost. It is very easy to create unit with 2 weapons of this kind.
-50% to resistance is very strong.
MarcinB

Post by MarcinB »

I found funny bug.

I had Mage of Light who was on the top of the mountain. He attacked enemy, killed him and advanced to Prophet.

Additional Prophet with the same name and items was created on adjacent hex.

Pick Mage of Light (22,9)
move her one hex down (22,10) and attack enemy(23,11)
attack and kill enemy
advance to prophet
gain new unit and items

You can add/remove items from this unit to create more units with items.
Attachments
LotI1-End of all Hopes-Auto-Save6.gz
(414.48 KiB) Downloaded 305 times
EarthCake

Post by EarthCake »

As far as I know, it shouldn't recall random units, but ones you have chosen.
EarthCake

Post by EarthCake »

I played in 1.12 LotI, and it never gave random units. Anyway, it can be more challenging, but for players who play on hard, I think that it is too much hard, because you never have good equipment for every unit.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

MarcinB wrote: April 30th, 2019, 9:02 am Opinion on Violent Set and/or Firecast

I think that decreasing power of violent beatdown and / or firecast would be great.
It was a bug that it works with other weapons than staves. Fixed it.
776 wrote: May 3rd, 2019, 9:48 am Gladiators fled out by going out by being born on the wall, or I stuck the enemy unable to achieve annihilation
Which gladiators you mean? The multiplayer scenario? What was born on the wall?
Raywyrm wrote: May 3rd, 2019, 9:01 pm On starting Chapter 5 scenario 2, I autolose the game with the below error. This has me stuck in the game , Please help.
I was able to fix it, but I could not figure out the exact cause. It appears that for whatever reasons, no unit types exist in that specific event in that specific scenario.
MarcinB wrote: May 4th, 2019, 9:43 am Underdrawer crossbow
This is an unexpected consequence of adding bonus attacks on other units than those specifically designed for it using AMLA. I have added a functionality that can restrict the bonus attack to attacks of specific types and applied it to these weapons. I hope this will work.
lamty101 wrote: May 8th, 2019, 12:00 pm Duplicate items
This one was fixed in github master.
lamty101 wrote: May 8th, 2019, 12:00 pm Reducing enemy resistance
This one is an engine limitation.
MarcinB wrote: May 8th, 2019, 9:37 pm
Dugi:
Helmets:
Both give +1 to movement, +10 % to physical resistances, and +20(apricity)/+30(king salmon) to cold resistance.

I have altered King Salmon's Crown significantly.
MarcinB wrote: May 8th, 2019, 9:37 pm Misanthropia:
I think that this item is very powerful compared to his cost. It is very easy to create unit with 2 weapons of this kind.
We shall see how useful it will turn out to be.
MarcinB wrote: May 10th, 2019, 7:15 am I found funny bug.

I had Mage of Light who was on the top of the mountain. He attacked enemy, killed him and advanced to Prophet.

Additional Prophet with the same name and items was created on adjacent hex.

Pick Mage of Light (22,9)
move her one hex down (22,10) and attack enemy(23,11)
attack and kill enemy
advance to prophet
gain new unit and items

You can add/remove items from this unit to create more units with items.
I have found it and fixed it. The problem was that he advanced into a unit for whom the terrain was impassable. The default option when placing units is to find a location they can pass and place them there, which caused him to appear next to his original position. He was supposed to be replaced by another version created after some more checks, but it didn't happen because that one appeared in the location where the original unit stood.
MarcinB

Post by MarcinB »

Dugi wrote: May 21st, 2019, 11:47 pm
MarcinB wrote: April 30th, 2019, 9:02 am Opinion on Violent Set and/or Firecast

It was a bug that it works with other weapons than staves. Fixed it.
MarcinB wrote: May 4th, 2019, 9:43 am Underdrawer crossbow
This is an unexpected consequence of adding bonus attacks on other units than those specifically designed for it using AMLA. I have added a functionality that can restrict the bonus attack to attacks of specific types and applied it to these weapons. I hope this will work.
MarcinB wrote: May 8th, 2019, 9:37 pm
Dugi:
Helmets:

I have altered King Salmon's Crown significantly.
MarcinB wrote: May 8th, 2019, 9:37 pm Misanthropia:
We shall see how useful it will turn out to be.
Thank You very much. You are great.
I love new version of 4th chapter. Copies, black army etc are great additions.

Here I am giving You another batch of bugs and/interactions.

4th chapter only

During 4th chapter Lethalia and her army gains special ability(when You kill living enemy you gain skeleton, skeleton archer, ghost or souless).
This ability doesn't work when enemies are killed by firecast.
open LotI1-An Army Is Born.gz;
equip Lethalia with Violent Set;
attack enemy using attack with Firecast and kill him

Doppelgänger can easily became incredibly powerful. You an give potion to Efraim and or Lethalia to create really strong units.
open LotI1-An Army Is Born.gz;
use some potions on Lethalia(titanic strenght, etc)
compare Your Doppelgängers (Doppelgängers created after using potion are stronger).
I don't know if this is problematic or not but if someone would use few potions then he could end with something really broken

I summoned old unit(ancient lich) during Efraim adventures. He was summoned automatically with other undeads in scenario the first blow
open LotI1-The First Blow.gz
search for Ancient Lich
be happy;P

other bugs
My assassin can't use option: alter advancement. It works great for other units but not for him. He gain additional advancement instead.
open LotI1-Invasion-Auto-Save3.gz
find elvish assassin, use option alter advancement

armor doesn't work properly(I have previous version of LoTI beta from wesnoth).
open armor.gz
find elvish incarnation. She is equipped with runners armor only. She has 10% blade and pierce resistance. She had 15% impact resistance(more than she should).

open armor1.gz
find elvish incarnation. She is equipped with staff of crelanu only(+10% to blade and fire resistance) but she also gained +10% to impact resistance.
Attachments
armor1.gz
(513.91 KiB) Downloaded 277 times
armor.gz
(513.81 KiB) Downloaded 292 times
LotI1-Invasion-Auto-Save3.gz
(529.89 KiB) Downloaded 257 times
LotI1-The First Blow.gz
(218.87 KiB) Downloaded 302 times
LotI1-An Army Is Born.gz
(207.92 KiB) Downloaded 316 times
Last edited by MarcinB on May 23rd, 2019, 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.