Genesis 0.2.12 [1.14/1.15] [Ep 1 complete]

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

nemaara
Developer

Re: Genesis 0.2.6 [1.12/1.14] [Ep 1 complete]

Post by nemaara »

Do you know how to navigate to the addon folder? I don't know if this will fix it, but it's worth trying since it's a fast change. Please overwrite your file for 17a_Ashen_Hearts with the one I've attached below, it might be causing you problems with trying to set the theme. The file to overwrite is in Genesis/episode1/scenarios.
Attachments
17a_Ashen_Hearts.cfg
(57.76 KiB) Downloaded 510 times
naikon

Post by naikon »

Hi nemaara,
I started playing this campaign few days ago. But I am encountering errors after reaching 'Crypt' scenario. When I try to load the saves, I am getting this error.

Code: Select all

The following add-on had errors and could not be loaded:
    /Users/palashg/Library/Containers/org.wesnoth.Wesnoth/Data/Library/Application Support/Wesnoth_1.14/data/add-ons/Genesis/_main.cfg

Please report this to the author or maintainer of this add-on.

Details:

Macro/file 'PROB' is missing
    at languages/da_DK.cfg:3073
        included from languages/da_DK.cfg:14
        included from <unknown>:18
        included from ~add-ons/Genesis_Resources/utils/terrain_graphics.cfg:1301
        included from ~add-ons/Genesis/_main.cfg:56
Here are the screenshots of the bug:

So far, I have tried the following:
1) Uninstalled the campaign(both, main and resources) and reinstalled it.
2) Uninstalled game completely(including all add-ons) and reinstalled it.

But I am still getting that error. Is there a way to avoid/fix this bug ?

I am playing steam version of wesnoth on MacOS(High seirra)
Attachments
Gns-1-Crypt Turn 27.gz
(71.89 KiB) Downloaded 487 times
nemaara
Developer

Post by nemaara »

Well, your save works for me. I guess there might be some translation issue messing with the code, so you could try changing your language settings to English (US)? Not sure if that'll work. Another option is to try downloading the add-on "Archaic Resources". If neither of those work, let me know and I'll try to think of something else. :hmm:
froakie

Post by froakie »

Same deal same problem over the volcano. Win10 64bit with English US
When the screen starts shaking the game crashes.
nemaara
Developer

Post by nemaara »

froakie wrote: April 14th, 2019, 10:27 am Same deal same problem over the volcano. Win10 64bit with English US
When the screen starts shaking the game crashes.
Did you try the fix I posted above? You need to replace S17a's file with the one I posted there. If that doesn't work, I'll need to look at your log file. :hmm:
froakie

Post by froakie »

(Sorry for being late – life)
It still crashes whenever I move up with any unit to trigger the volcano event on s2 even after replacing 17a.
I attached the log - Hope that could help
Attachments
wesnoth-20190418-232718-7860.log
(24.2 KiB) Downloaded 562 times
nemaara
Developer

Post by nemaara »

froakie wrote: April 18th, 2019, 9:30 pm (Sorry for being late – life)
It still crashes whenever I move up with any unit to trigger the volcano event on s2 even after replacing 17a.
I attached the log - Hope that could help
Did you reload the start of scenario file? Replacing S17a probably doesn't have any effect unless you do that. If that doesn't work, can you provide a screenshot of the error and an autosave and start of scenario save for me? I can't seem to replicate the crash. :hmm:
froakie

Post by froakie »

I did not, at the time. I'm such a moron...

Right now, I tried reloading the scenario with the new file. I even restarted the campaign from scratch with it. However, it still crashes. :(
("Nem válaszol" = 'Does not respond') Wesnoth does the same every time, crashes to desktop.

Hope these could help.
Attachments
screenshotcrash.png
Gns-1-Red Peaks-Auto-Save5.gz
(39.53 KiB) Downloaded 610 times
Gns-1-Red Peaks.gz
(4.98 KiB) Downloaded 526 times
nemaara
Developer

Post by nemaara »

Well, it doesn't crash for me. I'm staring at my code and I just don't understand what's wrong with it, so I'm guessing maybe there's a problem with the macOS version or something. I really don't know what the issue is. :augh:

I guess what I can do is activate the event for you and give you a corresponding save. If you're curious:
Spoiler:
Also a hint:
Spoiler:
Attachments
Gns-1-Red Peaks Turn 5.gz
(39.93 KiB) Downloaded 482 times
froakie

Post by froakie »

Thanks.

However, I think the game is making fun of me xD
I've got through s2, done the tree mission, gone to the pit of despair (couldron) on the navigation map.
When I start that scenario after the first two (interlude) dialoges it crashes to desktop, again. I guess that is when the actual scenario starts.
nemaara
Developer

Post by nemaara »

That sounds a lot like a macOS problem. :hmm:

I think that there was a patch for some mac problems that went out recently (in the past couple days), but not totally sure. Alternatively, it might not be released yet, but will be soon. Not sure if it's related to this problem, or what's making your game crash, but if it persists, I can try to push another version onto the addon server.
naikon

Post by naikon »

I was also facing MacOS specific issue recently(same one that I posted few posts earlier). It looked like because of two location of data folder. Some time ago, data folder location for addons and saves was changed for MacOS. New location was working for me initially. But after some time, Wesnoth started using old location again. So, some files were present in new location and some others were present in older location. Game was reporting some missing files in my bug. It could have been because it was looking for files in new/old location while file was present in old/new location. It got fixed after I performed clean uninstallation of game. Uninstalled it from steam, removed its files from all locations manually and rebooted the PC. On installing again, game is using older location for addons and saves now. But the bug is completely gone now.
white_haired_uncle

Post by white_haired_uncle »

This doesn't look right to me. Based on the way the options are presented, I would expect the ranged and melee upgrades to result in the same amount of max XP, with the HP upgrade resulting in one that was noticeably higher. It looks to me like the max XP+20% is actually being applied to range?

EDIT: Also, there's a scenario maybe 15 or 16 where Yumi's heading south and Aryel is too, separately. The objectives say Aryel can recruit via right-click, but she can't.

Talya is a Sky Warden, but if you look that up in help that unit is not called a Sky Warden.
Attachments
HP.PNG
ranged.PNG
melee.png
Speak softly, and carry Doombringer.
nemaara
Developer

Post by nemaara »

Okay yah, bit of a late reply, but I can comment on these issues.

I can reorder the AMLAs later, but basically they're usually in order of melee upgrades, then ranged upgrades, then default. I'm planning on removing the default AMLA anyway.

S15, Aryel isn't supposed to be able to recruit. The objectives are bugged, but I never got around to pushing the fix yet.

I made all the "hero" units using AMLAs and variations. The variations don't show up in help - they only show the base unit. So that's more of an engine thing, and unless I figure out a better way to work around the help, I can't fix that one.
Sadaharu

Post by Sadaharu »

Hi nemaara, I've finally started (re-)playing this game, this time on BfW 1.14, and I've already managed to find two bugs in the city.

One is that when Aryel goes to fight in the Colosseum Yumi can teleport next to her with her clairvoyance ability, which has two consequences:
1) the fight is more winnable
2) Yumi being killed does not trigger a defeat condition so I can play on through the rest of the scenarios with Yumi permanently dead.

The second is that on the upper levels, after exiting the Arcaneum, I can take the girls again to the tree on (12,1) and, while Esther doesn't get any additional benefits, Yumi and Aryel can get limitless XP bonuses, 25 XP at a time.

I'm attaching the savegames, played on BfW 1.14.5 on Ubuntu (Linux), on maximum difficulty.

EDIT: these never happened to me when I played the game on BfW 1.12.6 last year.
Attachments
Gns-1-Upper District-Auto-Save1.gz
(47.61 KiB) Downloaded 479 times
Gns-1-Colosseum.gz
(14.45 KiB) Downloaded 456 times
Last edited by Sadaharu on September 8th, 2019, 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.