What changes were made to the [music] tag ?

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
Adamant14

What changes were made to the [music] tag ?

Post by Adamant14 »

In my campaign the player is allowed to change the current played song, with a code like that:

Code: Select all

[option]
						label="The Deep Path"
						[command]
							[music]
								name=the_deep_path.ogg
								append=yes
								play_once=yes
								immediate=yes
							[/music]
						[/command]
					[/option]

[option]
						label="The King is Dead"
						[command]
							[music]
								name=the_king_is_dead.ogg
								append=yes
								play_once=yes
								immediate=yes
							[/music]
						[/command]
					[/option]
That code does work until BfW 1.14.5, but using BfW 1.14.6 it seems the code doesn't work no longer. Neither with BfW 1.14.6 nor with BfW 1.14.7 the code seems to work. Some parts of the [music] code must have been changed. Something seems to be broken.

And when I try to play a custom (non core track) with that code, then Wesnoth crashes. Again, using BfW 1.14.5 (or a earlier version) everything works fine. The problems came up with BfW 1.14.6, something must have been changed.

Can someone confirm this please?
Author of Antar, Son of Rheor ( SP Campaign) | Development Thread + Feedback Thread + Replays of ASoR
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Re: What changes were made to the [music] tag ?

Post by Pentarctagon »

Is there anything in your log file?
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
Adamant14

Post by Adamant14 »

No, no entry in the log file.
Author of Antar, Son of Rheor ( SP Campaign) | Development Thread + Feedback Thread + Replays of ASoR
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

What OS are you using and where are you getting Wesnoth from? I can't reproduce this on Linux using the Steam version.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
Adamant14

Post by Adamant14 »

sergey

Post by sergey »

I have Windows 10, Wesnoth 1.14.6 (downloaded from Sourceforge), Antar 1.13.22 and can't reproduce the issue.
Author of SP scenario Dragon Fight and SP campaign Captured by a Nightmare.
Created The Rise of Wesnoth (alternative mechanics) version of the mainline campaign.
Adamant14

Post by Adamant14 »

@Sergey:
That is strange. :hmm:
Can you change the music with the right click menue?
Do the songs really change?
There is one custom song, does Wesnoth crash when you chose that song?
On my engine Wesnoth crashes every time when I choose that custom song, using BfW 1.14.6 or 1.14.7, not 1.14.5
sergey

Post by sergey »

I can select a song with the right click menu and it really changes. There are 2 songs marked as non-core ("Iska Maintheme" and "Tribal War Song"), I can play both of them without any problems. A few guesses:
If you have separate copy of the add-on for Wesnoth 1.14.5 and 1.14.6, maybe the music file for the 1.14.6 is corrupted? Can you play it with a music player outside of the Wesnoth game?
Try to remove the music file from the add-on directory and place it to <Wesnoth directory>/data/core/music, reload the game and see if it crashes when you choose that song.
Author of SP scenario Dragon Fight and SP campaign Captured by a Nightmare.
Created The Rise of Wesnoth (alternative mechanics) version of the mainline campaign.
Adamant14

Post by Adamant14 »

sergey wrote: April 17th, 2019, 6:14 am If you have separate copy of the add-on for Wesnoth 1.14.5 and 1.14.6
No, I use only a single copy of my campaign for all instances of Wesnoth.
sergey wrote: April 17th, 2019, 6:14 am maybe the music file for the 1.14.6 is corrupted? Can you play it with a music player outside of the Wesnoth game?
The music file is OK, I can play it without any problem.
sergey wrote: April 17th, 2019, 6:14 am Try to remove the music file from the add-on directory and place it to <Wesnoth directory>/data/core/music, reload the game and see if it crashes when you choose that song.
When I do that, then everything works fine, I can choose the custom songs, and Wesnoth does not crash. :hmm:

Weird is that my problem only occurs when I use BfW 1.14.6 or BfW 1.14.7, while everything works fine when I use BfW 1.14.5 (using the same copy of my campaign!) :doh:

And also weird is that no one else can reproduce that behaviour. It seems that the problem is on my engine only.
So all I can do for now is to thank you both for your help, for your time and your tips, and see if the problem occurs on someone else's engine. So I have to wait for bug reports, and if no bug reports come in, then the problem must lie on my computer.