Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
12%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 241

PansyLad

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by PansyLad »

PansyLad wrote: March 17th, 2019, 4:21 am This is my first playthrough of the campaign and I've been having a lot of fun with it making my super army and buffing them up.
However as the story goes on you get to recall less and less of your older units and now that I've gotten to Chapter 05- Scenario 6, where I finally have the ability to mass recall old units, it's not what I expected.

It looks like it takes priority summoning the absolute bottom of the barrel of units. I get a handful of level 1 units with a max of 4XP among all of them. Clearly units that didn't see any battle as opposed to my units that I wanted to keep playing with.
My fun in the campaign has really been going on these adventures with my recalled units and now I've hit a wall. Is there no way to pick which units I get to recall from previous chapters to continue the campaign? Or atleast have the mass recall prioritize my highest level units instead of lowest?
I will now take back my previous questions about the campaign. Turns out that our DM had a pretty good long term plan after these chapters that let us summon the rest of our previous allies that only takes a little bit. I now have everyone I previously did after a good night of playing
white_haired_uncle

Post by white_haired_uncle »

I actually like the Poisonous Bow quite a bit, at least early on. When coupled with marksman, it's great for those really hard to hit enemies. Also, since poison doesn't kill, it's a handy way to seriously weaken enemies so you can give the killing blow to a shaman.
Speak softly, and carry Doombringer.
white_haired_uncle

In the attached, leave Argan to die. Nothing happens.

In the tutorial, when you are standing on a sword and told to pick it up, if you use the item menu Delly scolds you that the item is on the ground.

If you select a unit with highlander and click on the word highlander on the right side of the screen to bring up the help menu it shows the info about healthy.
Attachments
LotI1-The Poison-Auto-Save6.gz
(318.81 KiB) Downloaded 294 times
-Grymyr

Post by -Grymyr »

Hey Dugi, I have the a problem in chapter 5. In Escape, after the dialogue it just says "Defeat" with an error message. Hopefully it's something solvable, I really like this campaign and I wanna finish it.
Attachments
LotI1-Escape.gz
(233.39 KiB) Downloaded 247 times
white_haired_uncle

1) In the attached turn 56, view Efraim's Unit Information, noting the number of attacks. Then initiate an attack and note that the fury attacks have one less than what UI said. EDIT: it's swarm.

2) Take the Spirits of Madman's Alacrity. It doesn't do anything I can see.

3) In turn 57, a few dropped items are in cave walls.
Spoiler:
Attachments
LotI1-Lost Turn 57.gz
(578.61 KiB) Downloaded 290 times
LotI1-Lost-Auto-Save56.gz
(576.43 KiB) Downloaded 292 times
SethMk3

Post by SethMk3 »

After some years without Wesnoth and LotI I decided to play the campaign again. I am now in Scenario 8: Where the Sun does not Shine. I deafeted the dragon "Hephaestos who can not be seen" and got an error message: <invalid wml found> [remove event] missing required id = key.
I can not remember from my last game if that dragon dropped an item/or triggered an event important to finish the level/chapter. the normal loot (item) was dropped on killing the beast.
Can I ignore the message and play on?

Since I cannot decide, if this is a bug or nothing, I add a savegame just before to the kill. (wesnoth 1.14.5, language German)
Attachments
temp 5.gz
(292.77 KiB) Downloaded 305 times

Post by 776 »

Hello
In multiplayer, Master at Arms is a Shadowwalker who can not choose Champion.
Is it a specification?
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

StellarStar wrote: March 16th, 2019, 6:04 pm And finaly I've finished the whole campaign. So a couple of questions.. Is there a cap on how much a single unit can buff another? The royalty and aura of universal anihaltion dont stack-
No, but there are some means to prevent it from getting too high.
StellarStar wrote: March 16th, 2019, 6:04 pm What is hidden in the passage of detriment? As soon as I saw it was 300*300 I bolted.
A passage to into the enemy mastermind's lair ignoring the quest barrier and some other shortcuts, but there are also some strong monsters and it's very hard to navigate through.

And I also wanted to show off I can make maps larger than the hardcoded 200x200 limit of the map editor.
StellarStar wrote: March 16th, 2019, 6:04 pm Where is Beelzebub in Inferno?
He cannot be encountered there because it would be mostly pointless - there are no time limits.
StellarStar wrote: March 16th, 2019, 6:04 pm Will you ever do an expansion for Drakes,Saurians and Nagas + the dwarvish explorer?
Maybe. It's not planned, but I am not opposed to it.
StellarStar wrote: March 16th, 2019, 6:04 pm Who was the voice that told the prince all the secrets back in chapter 4? Lilith or Yahve? Who is Eidolon?
I think I have left enough clues scattered across the campaign for you to figure this out. Btw, the character named Yahve was from an unrelated story, there is no such character in LotI.
StellarStar wrote: March 16th, 2019, 6:04 pm Do you plan on doing more add-ons?
No. I had some plans, but they were too big and I could not complete them. I want to return to them once I become skilled enough to deal with issues I could not deal with before and produce code faster.
StellarStar wrote: March 16th, 2019, 6:04 pm As for feedback, I have never used undead units except for the last chapter for liches. They get destroyed by demons and are slow + no legacy(except for the liches), Jungle Hell should be shorter.. Blackguard are MVPs.
There are many items specifically designed to help the undead with their inherent weaknesses.
Destructinator wrote: March 17th, 2019, 12:18 am Just now I got to the Uria fight and when she transforms she becomes a level 0. I won pretty almost immediately by redeeming her. I'm assuming this is a bug so... here you go!
This has been fixed some time ago, but it's not in the main version yet.
ciri wrote: March 19th, 2019, 1:19 pm Hello everyone, Im an new forum user but a rather old wesnoth player from China, as Im not sure if any Chinese are roaming in the forum and especially about this campaign.
I can recall two or three of them commenting on this topic.
ciri wrote: March 19th, 2019, 1:19 pm First of all, I really, really, really love the campaign and many thanks to its author Master Dugi, providing such a awesome game in Wesnoth. I have played this game for at least 4~5 times in 4~5 years. Everytime when I open the game I'd like to check whether there was an update, and if I have time, I ll play.
The progress with updates is kinda slow at the moment, many changes were made but not finished by a guy who is at the moment somewhat busy and he doesn't want me to finish it for him. I can finish it, but I think he knows best what he was doing and he'd finish it better than I would.
ciri wrote: March 19th, 2019, 1:19 pm This game is just like a remix of orginal Wesnoth and some RPG farming game. Im just enjoy farming gears and beat the enemies. You guys will know the joy when you equip Dugi's weapon and armor, slaugtering everything. From the updates in these years I found many changes, both in story line and game system. The story is become more fun, just in the end, I think Im playing a game with "one man and multiple women" (little lad not included). In chapter 10, near the story end, all the important guys reunited except Argan ( I really missed his 'feed' passive ability), and the son of the main character is chasing his father's ex-girlfriend (reincarnation) with his Mom's tacit permission, lols.This campagin have accompanied me for years, through my bachelor to Master degree. So do I still have the chance to see the sequel of the stories? (Other campagins by Dugi haven't tired yet). This campagin is so perfect and complete even considered it as a individual game is not bad. As Wesnoth now shows up on Steam, so if the sequel of the campagin is sold through other means Im glad to be one of the first supporters.
I am that kind of player too, that's what inspired me to create this campaign.

I am not planning on releasing any sequels soon and I didn't think much about monetising anything. See an earlier reply in this post for more information.
ciri wrote: March 19th, 2019, 1:19 pm The next thing is that because my love in this game, I want have a Chinese version and let more ppl in China will enjoy the add-on campagins.Unfortunately Im really not good at coding(I ll write my own campagin if I could), though I really want to contributes to Chinese translating. After I read the construction for translator at the first page Im still confused about the downloading of the exe files and the next proceedings,although the construction is clear enough, but its still hard for foreign language users to handle, not for a pure coding idiot. So if any Chinese user on this forum see this and wants to translate the whole campagin pls contact me. I can do all the language jobs.
There's been a guy willing to make a Chinese translation, but I think he abandoned the idea because I haven't heard from him for long. The campaign has already been translated to German and the guy who made it has written down some useful information. I added it to the initial post.

Thanks for this campagin in the end~
ciri wrote: March 19th, 2019, 1:19 pm The main char are meat grinders. I still want to do more builds but when I graduate in gears the campagin is already at the end. No new boss and stories for me, so this might be my feedback, I WANT MORE! (lols)
Now when I have a job, I am not as fast as I used to be during my studies. I slowly add new stuff.
Whiskeyjack wrote: March 20th, 2019, 5:35 pm Sword of Barys vs. Flaming Sword: While these two items don't have very similar stats, they fill the exact same strategic niche: You will never use these items if you have a better weapon (of which there are quite a few available), except if you want fire attacks (and even then, Fiery Blood is probably better). This means that the only choice you will ever make between these items is if they should drop early and you have nothing else.
Gave extra damage to Flaming Sword to make it a good leveling item.

Whiskeyjack wrote: March 20th, 2019, 5:35 pmIridium vs. Silver Axe: Again, same strategic niche. No utility or defenses whatsoever, simply a stats boost. I never use them except if I have nothing else, but I guess for stat boosts it's ok to have different options.
I added blade penetration to Iridium.
Whiskeyjack wrote: March 20th, 2019, 5:35 pm Underdrawer vs. Relentless Fury: see above
Relentless Fury is a useful stat stick. I made it a stronger stat stick.
Whiskeyjack wrote: March 20th, 2019, 5:35 pm Overdrawer vs. Ballista: see above
They are not so similar. Buffed Ballista, as the Underdrawer allows much more flexibility.
Whiskeyjack wrote: March 20th, 2019, 5:35 pm Spineripper is simply a worse version of Vile Knife
Added mayhem to Spineripper.
Whiskeyjack wrote: March 20th, 2019, 5:35 pm Claymore: worst sword in the game
It's meant to allow you to knock enemies into positions where they would be more convenient to attack.
Whiskeyjack wrote: March 20th, 2019, 5:35 pm Poisonous Bow
Doesn't seem so bad to others.
Whiskeyjack wrote: March 20th, 2019, 5:35 pm Bow of Plagiarism
Made its weapon special better.
Whiskeyjack wrote: March 20th, 2019, 5:35 pm Steps to Perdition: A cool item (one of the few offering physical penetration) that does have some uses. Except possibly in interaction with Undead Legacy I don't think there are units besides Dwarves that can actually make it work though. I'd like a buff to only -10/-20/-30 resistances, but the item is still ok-ish the way it is. (this might be more fitting in the "interesting items" section than here, couldn't decide :D )
I made the penalty weaker.
Whiskeyjack wrote: March 20th, 2019, 5:35 pmThe Cannon: I wouldn't even use the easy difficulty version. Although, to be honest, I don't think I ever use any of the crossbows if I have enough gems to craft a utility item...
Increased the damage.

Whiskeyjack wrote: March 20th, 2019, 5:35 pmLake of Blood: Since this item has not much uses in terms of offense, I only equip it in complimentary slots (e.g., Dwarvish Hero build for hammer attack or a caster build on Lethalia). However, for utility in an off-slot this item is a little too strong (Taxes has a decent malus for the only other +3 MP item in the game and murderlust is always pretty helpful). I'd suggest nerfing MP to 2.
Reduced the movement bonus to 2, increased the damage.

Whiskeyjack wrote: March 20th, 2019, 5:35 pm
  • Ring of Unearthly Existance: I really wanted to make this item work and decided, I'd build a melee Duelist Wizard when it dropped early on. But I soon gave up on that, the drawbacks are just too crazy. First, there is the direct opposition on suck and arcane - if you want to use suck, you pretty much have to sacrifice a second slot for an otherwise useless item. Even on DW with the 60% magical resistances head start it was impossible to make a useful unit out of this that still is tanky enough to survive something. If this item should be useable at all I'd suggest buffing it to only -20 resistances and suck(2) (perhaps not on hard, to prevent too much suck stacking).
Removed the damage type changing property.

I have also reacted to dabber's feedback.

Regarding sets:
  • Increased Cunctator's helmet's defence bonus, increased the defensive aura of Cunctator's armour. The idea behind this set is to slow the enemy down, that is why it weakens both you and the enemy. Cunctator (nickname, means 'Delayer') was a Roman general who developed a powerful defensive strategy of delaying battles until the enemy starved
  • Koschei's staff was given +2 spell suck
  • King's set had its armour improved with reduction to movement costs in mountains and hills (kings need to raise flags on high mountains), improved the vision of the helmet, the mace was unaltered because it adds 1 to all attacks, which makes it a very useful stat stick
  • Added arcane resistance to Dark Gloves
  • Improved the resistances on the Cloak of the Pale Rider
  • Improved the resistances on Chilling Touch gloves and removed the fire weakness from the Heart of Ice
  • Individual items of the Un-something set now give 10% additional resistance each
  • I have not changed the Pyromancer's set, as it is a way to circumvent the penalty on AoE weapon specials (because the explosive attack doesn't end, as it was actually a melee attack)
  • Removed the arcane weakness from Eidolon's Boots
ciri wrote: March 20th, 2019, 6:41 pm I have a question, why in Chapter 10 all my items vanished? Krux and Vritra return to lv 1 with no experience gained from former chapters (before his parents go into inferno). Still, in the last battle, his parents come back but only the items weared on their body are existed. The other items all vanished. Its quite confusing. Just everything go to zero at the beginning of chapter 10
They were taken by their parents to chapter 9. I am planning to add some more items to the starting location to make the start less rough.
ciri wrote: March 20th, 2019, 7:14 pm
dabber wrote: March 20th, 2019, 6:47 pm ciri, the storyline explains a bit of what happened to them at the start of chapter 10.
I mean,when I got into Chapter 10, I saw the 145/145 hp of Krux suddenly return to 145/76 at the end of dialog. Its funny, and they lost their alma abilities, just because 'separation of parents make them develop'? Anyway, I ll play from the very beginning.

I think the item is not fixed yet, both in official and beta one in add-on, just form my perspective.
He gains new abilities and more powerful advancements, but he's no longer capable of using some of his previous abilities.
-Grymyr wrote: March 24th, 2019, 8:14 am Hey Dugi, I have the a problem in chapter 5. In Escape, after the dialogue it just says "Defeat" with an error message. Hopefully it's something solvable, I really like this campaign and I wanna finish it.
I am aware of the bug, I think the fix was not uploaded yet to the server. Please use the cheat console to get past it for now.
white_haired_uncle wrote: March 25th, 2019, 4:17 amTake the Spirits of Madman's Alacrity. It doesn't do anything I can see.
It's slightly different from what it may seem. Attack an enemy first. Then you'll see the unit can attack again in the same turn.
white_haired_uncle wrote: March 25th, 2019, 4:17 am 3) In turn 57, a few dropped items are in cave walls.
Any idea how they got there?
white_haired_uncle wrote: March 25th, 2019, 4:17 am Walkthrough Ch2,S10 recommends poisoning the big boss who is undead.
I don't think he's undead. I have made the other changes as you suggested.
white_haired_uncle wrote: March 22nd, 2019, 11:45 pm In the attached, leave Argan to die. Nothing happens.
Fixed.
white_haired_uncle wrote: March 22nd, 2019, 11:45 pm In the tutorial, when you are standing on a sword and told to pick it up, if you use the item menu Delly scolds you that the item is on the ground.
This part is going to be completely rewritten.
white_haired_uncle wrote: March 22nd, 2019, 11:45 pm If you select a unit with highlander and click on the word highlander on the right side of the screen to bring up the help menu it shows the info about healthy.
Fixed. The game's programming interface changed and I haven't noticed it.
SethMk3 wrote: April 4th, 2019, 4:26 pm After some years without Wesnoth and LotI I decided to play the campaign again. I am now in Scenario 8: Where the Sun does not Shine. I deafeted the dragon "Hephaestos who can not be seen" and got an error message: <invalid wml found> [remove event] missing required id = key.
I can not remember from my last game if that dragon dropped an item/or triggered an event important to finish the level/chapter. the normal loot (item) was dropped on killing the beast.
Can I ignore the message and play on?
It's been fixed already, it also can be safely ignored.
776 wrote: April 7th, 2019, 3:47 am Hello
In multiplayer, Master at Arms is a Shadowwalker who can not choose Champion.
Is it a specification?
Shadowalker cannot become a Champion, only a Master at Arms can.
nachkar

Post by nachkar »

WHOA huge Dugi post with tons of interesting item changes/rebalances ! Thanks to Whiskey and dabber's experienced comments too ! All in all makes me wanna replay, so can't wait for next version to be out ;)

Post by 776 »

I apologize for not having transmitted well
I wanted to tell the promotion of Master at Arms in global_events.cfg about the absence of Champion
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

776 wrote: April 9th, 2019, 5:42 am I apologize for not having transmitted well
I wanted to tell the promotion of Master at Arms in global_events.cfg about the absence of Champion
Aha, that's what you meant. I have fixed it.
white_haired_uncle

The items in the cave walls were dropped when I "killed" BZB.

In C2S10, the final boss shows up as undead in the description on the right side of the screen when he is selected.
zentner

Post by zentner »

Dugi wrote: July 11th, 2018, 8:45 am
jasper13 wrote:I have moved Lethalia to the southern border of the map in the “Infinite Legion” scenario or LoTL, but the scenario does not end. Am I doing something wrong? Any help would be most appreciated.
Strange. Can you upload a save file?
Hi, I am having the same problem, and it emerged sometime around the original question, I even stopped playing out of despair. :) Where can I upload the save file for you? BTW, I updated BfW to the current version, and nothing changed when I loaded the savegame.

UPD: Tried the daily build of LOTI, not much help.
Attachments
LotI1-Infinite Legion Turn 6 progress.gz
(518.96 KiB) Downloaded 221 times
Last edited by zentner on April 19th, 2019, 12:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Whiskeyjack

Post by Whiskeyjack »

zentner wrote: April 14th, 2019, 8:17 pm
Dugi wrote: July 11th, 2018, 8:45 am
jasper13 wrote:I have moved Lethalia to the southern border of the map in the “Infinite Legion” scenario or LoTL, but the scenario does not end. Am I doing something wrong? Any help would be most appreciated.
Strange. Can you upload a save file?
Hi, I am having the same problem, and it emerged sometime around the original question, I even stopped playing out of despair. :) Where can I upload the save file for you? BTW, I updated BfW to the current version, and nothing changed when I loaded the savegame.
You can post here and use the "Attachments" tab below the typing area (you might have to leave "Quick Reply" for this).
Under blood-red skies, an old man sits
In the ruins of Carthage - contemplating prophecy.
congdm

Post by congdm »

Hello,
My Duelist Wizard have Dark Dragon legacy Arcane penetration AMLAs, but they didn't give anything when I check then unit information panel. Could you check this to see if it's a bug? I'm using latest Wesnoth and github ver. of LotI
Attachments
LotI2-Tundra Turn 48.gz
(531.02 KiB) Downloaded 213 times