Under a Single Banner (ABANDONED TOPIC)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

EarthCake

Under a Single Banner (ABANDONED TOPIC)

Post by EarthCake »

Hello!

This is topic for SP campaign: Under a Single Banner.

I would appreciate any feedback.
Last edited by EarthCake on May 6th, 2019, 8:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
EarthCake

Re: Under Single Banner (SP campaign for Wesnoth 1.14)

Post by EarthCake »

Version 0.1.1:

Added one new scenario, dialogue-only.

Bug with images fixed.

Added new unit, Soranic.

Dialogues in first scenario fixed.
Last edited by EarthCake on April 5th, 2019, 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Maybe should tell us what this campaign is about.
The future belongs to those, who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
Developer of: Trapped, Five Fates, Strange Legacy, Epical, UR Epic Era
Dungeonmasters of Wesnoth, Wild Peasants vs Devouring Corpses, Dwarf Dwarfson Dwarvenminer
EarthCake

Post by EarthCake »

Heindal wrote: April 5th, 2019, 6:41 pm Maybe should tell us what this campaign is about.
I don't get what I didn't explained. I believe there is enough description in add-ons menu. It says mal Raval is invading Wesnoth. What do you suggest?
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

I'm suggesting to add information about the campaign directly in this thread, about story, factions and so on, so it's more likely people will play your campaign.
The future belongs to those, who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
Developer of: Trapped, Five Fates, Strange Legacy, Epical, UR Epic Era
Dungeonmasters of Wesnoth, Wild Peasants vs Devouring Corpses, Dwarf Dwarfson Dwarvenminer
EarthCake

Post by EarthCake »

Heindal wrote: April 5th, 2019, 6:56 pm I'm suggesting to add information about the campaign directly in this thread, about story, factions and so on, so it's more likely people will play your campaign.
Changed. Thanks, I think it's much better now.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

EarthCake wrote: April 5th, 2019, 7:05 pm Changed. Thanks, I think it's much better now.
I am unable to spot said change.

mal Raval -> Mal Raval

And I suggest changing that part about Mal Raval being the only Lich that survived, since that would cause an unnecessary conflict with A New Order (another campaign).

I also suggest actively looking for someone that proofreads what you write.

Prologue
It's also odd that Garin has the 'quick' trait, since that means he has 7mp, while Gart has only 6mp and is supposedly their fastest soldier.
It would be good if Gart was a leader, because otherwise the screen does not scroll to him when his turn starts.

Defence of Elensefar
Aenic suggest that I recruit mages like him (White Mages), but I can only recruit normal mages (Mages).

There is also a mainline map of Elensefar and it looks completly different from the one you are using there. (And Elensefar is a River/Ocean city, both are missing on your map...)
EarthCake

Post by EarthCake »

Konrad2 wrote: April 7th, 2019, 8:26 pm I am unable to spot said change.
Now is:

'It's 713 YW. The Second Dark Age of Wesnoth lasts 40 years. Around Wesnoth enemies are preparing to invade it. The most dangerous enemy is mal Raval, only lich lord who survived armies of Wesnoth when mal Ravanal was destroyed by Gweddry. Now he is preparing an army to invade Wesnoth and put all humans into unbreakable chains of undeath.
Elensefar is first on his way. Young lord Soranic needs to unite people of Wesnoth under single banner and stop mal Raval, or Wesnoth and it's habitants will be damned to undeath. That would be hard task, and only strongest and most intelligent people can do that. Does lord Soranic have what it takes? Will he succeed?
Through many obstacles and enemies, Soranic needs to prove his worth.'

Before was:
'It's 713 YW. The Second Dark Age of Wesnoth lasts 40 years. Around Wesnoth enemies are preparing to invade it. The most dangerous enemy is mal Raval, only lich lord who survived armies of Wesnoth when mal Ravanal was destroyed by Gweddry.
Elensefar is first on his way. Young lord Soranic needs to unite people of Wesnoth under single banner and stop mal Raval, or Wesnoth and it's habitants will be damned to undeath. Will lord Soranic succeed?' (Or something like that...)

PS: I don't know how to cut code.
Konrad2 wrote: April 7th, 2019, 8:26 pm mal Raval -> Mal Raval
Fixed.
Konrad2 wrote: April 7th, 2019, 8:26 pm And I suggest changing that part about Mal Raval being the only Lich that survived, since that would cause an unnecessary conflict with A New Order (another campaign).
Yeah, was that Grekulak?
Fixed.
Konrad2 wrote: April 7th, 2019, 8:26 pm I also suggest actively looking for someone that proofreads what you write.
...Yea...
Konrad2 wrote: April 7th, 2019, 8:26 pm Prologue
It's also odd that Garin has the 'quick' trait, since that means he has 7mp, while Gart has only 6mp and is supposedly their fastest soldier.
It would be good if Gart was a leader, because otherwise the screen does not scroll to him when his turn starts.
Fixed.
Konrad2 wrote: April 7th, 2019, 8:26 pm Defence of Elensefar
Aenic suggest that I recruit mages like him (White Mages), but I can only recruit normal mages (Mages).
Well, they all trained on Anduin, isn't it?
Konrad2 wrote: April 7th, 2019, 8:26 pm There is also a mainline map of Elensefar and it looks completly different from the one you are using there. (And Elensefar is a River/Ocean city, both are missing on your map...)
Yeah, I played Liberty.
You see, on place where second scenario is there was once mighty fortress of Halstead, which Baldras destroyed. On that place after... 212 years, swamp grew. (will be added.) Or not...

Anyway, I will change map so it look like one in Liberty.
Last edited by EarthCake on April 8th, 2019, 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

EarthCake wrote: April 8th, 2019, 5:45 am
Konrad2 wrote: April 7th, 2019, 8:26 pm Defence of Elensefar
Well, they all trained on Anduin, isn't it?
Yes, but he specifically points out that mages like him have an arcane attack, which is very effective vs undead. That's true for White Mages, but the Mages you can recruit only have a fire attack.
So either cut that reference to arcane magic or tweak it so he suggest recruiting mages because they are effective and can become mages like him.
(Or do something else.)
Gweddeoran

Post by Gweddeoran »

Hey, in my campaign, 'The Revival of Halstead', there is the Western Outpost in place of the ruins of the Old Treasury. So, no swamp.
EarthCake

Post by EarthCake »

Konrad2 wrote: April 8th, 2019, 6:56 am Yes, but he specifically points out that mages like him have an arcane attack, which is very effective vs undead. That's true for White Mages, but the Mages you can recruit only have a fire attack.
So either cut that reference to arcane magic or tweak it so he suggest recruiting mages because they are effective and can become mages like him.
(Or do something else.)
You are right. Fixed.
EarthCake

Post by EarthCake »

gweddeoran wrote: April 8th, 2019, 7:29 am Hey, in my campaign, 'The Revival of Halstead', there is the Western Outpost in place of the ruins of the Old Treasury. So, no swamp.
Thanks for feedback, I will change scenario or put it to happen somewhere else.
I suppose your campaign is happening about 640 YW?

If you can tell me, is there any ruin there around Halstead? I don't have much time to play it but I will when I have.

Btw, if you played, do you think first scenario is too hard? I think it is.
Last edited by EarthCake on April 8th, 2019, 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EarthCake

Post by EarthCake »

If anyone is interested in proofreading my campaign I would appreciate it.

Also, if somebody wants to help me with dialogues, I would too appreciate it, because my English is... :oops:

Every help with campaign code is... helpful.
EarthCake

Post by EarthCake »

Version 0.1.9:

Map for scenario "Defence of Elensefar" is totally changed to look like one in Liberty.

mal -> Mal

Erased second scenario because of geographical impossibility.

Fixed some bugs in dialogue.

Fixed one odd thing in Prologue: Garin was faster than Gart. Now Gart has 7 mp, and Garin 6.

Fixed incompatibility with "A New Order" about 'only surviving lich lord'.

Changed some bad resolution images in intro before "Defence of Elensefar".
EarthCake

Post by EarthCake »

Konrad2 wrote: April 7th, 2019, 8:26 pm There is also a mainline map of Elensefar and it looks completly different from the one you are using there. (And Elensefar is a River/Ocean city, both are missing on your map...)
Changed.