Saurian Campaign- The Thelien Attack (Version 1.3.0)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Gweddeoran

Re: Saurian Campaign- The Thelien Attack (Version 0.8.6)

Post by Gweddeoran »

Are you sure, I just checked and it works
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

gweddeoran wrote: April 5th, 2019, 2:10 am Are you sure, I just checked and it works
You can see it here, for example, if you scroll down to your add-on: http://add-ons.wesnoth.org/1.14/

I'm guessing you used an image from your campaign. You will see the image, since you have the campaign installed, however everyone else who doesn't have the campaign installed won't be able to see it. For others to be able to see the image, you'll either need to use an image from mainline, or a DataURI.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
Gweddeoran

Post by Gweddeoran »

Thanks, I think it works now.
Gweddeoran

Re: Saurian Campaign- The Thelien Attack (Version 0.9.0)

Post by Gweddeoran »

Version 0.9.0-

1) Added the final scenario, 'Epilogue'
2) Fixed 'Image not found' issue of the sever icon

Enjoy and please send feedback!
Gweddeoran

Re: Saurian Campaign- The Thelien Attack (Version 0.9.4)

Post by Gweddeoran »

Version 0.9.1-0.9.4

1) Balancing fixes- Scenario 4 is a bit easier now, though still quite challenging; turn limit for a few scenarios has been increased as well
2) Improved dialogue in Scenario 3 to explain utility of Giant Mudcrawlers. Also, there are now two Mudcrawlers spawned which are on your side (also for this scenario apart from the others where this is normal behaviour).
3) Added portraits for Saurian Oracles and Saurian Soothsayers that are allied leaders.

Gweddeoran

Re: Saurian Campaign- The Thelien Attack (Version 0.9.4)

Post by Gweddeoran »

Version 0.9.5

1) New sprite for Saurian Flanker (Inarix)- Credit to The_Gnat
2) Additions to the end-campaign 'Credits'

Gweddeoran

Re: Saurian Campaign- The Thelien Attack (Version 0.9.5)

Post by Gweddeoran »

Version 0.9.6

1) Die animations for Saurian Flanker (Inarix), death events with animation playing after dialogue.
2) Various balancing changes- starting gold in many scenarios has been increased; Goblin Pillagers in Scenario 5

EarthCake

Post by EarthCake »

In intro, last part has "oft", where should be "often".

In first scenario, what is point of surprise when Mal-Tulren sees us? You should give saurians some ability. Maybe to hide in swamps? Maybe you could give us more turns, so we can wait for all undead to rush on ally. (We=saurians)

Btw, only liches have prefixes "Mal".

Erm, how did necromancer come in center of Marshes without being noticed?

First part of intro before second scenario, "apporaching" should be "approaching". Too, in second scenario, why you give villages to allies? I will take them anyway.

Also, on... Nightmare? difficulty you should make elves avoid swamp in center, and also friendly saurians more cautious during day like you made elves little cautious during night.

Maybe you should make Kalixis don't move. He is very useless and he only gets killed because of low HP.

Landar's elves? It's 851 YW.

In third scenario elves don't target Inarix and scorpions don't avoid elves.
Gweddeoran

Post by Gweddeoran »

'Oft' is an actual word used mainly in Old English, but still exists in present-day English
I mean you should go and assassinate the enemy leader. If they could hide in swamps, it would be too easy.
No, look at 'Eastern Invasion', even a Dark Adept there has the prefix 'Mal'.
She is at the outskirts, not the centre of the swamp, look at the journey map. I gave them villages cause otherwise they will waste time in capturing them, making the scenario harder.
Fixed the word.
I left it that way or else the ally would be too effective and the opponent would become rather hard. This is a lesson on terrain and how to use it to your advantage.
The point is that you need to defeat the elves before they get to him. This is very much possible, look at the replay posted by sergey in the previous page.
Yes, Landar's elves do exist, if you play 'Son of the Black Eye', you find out that Prince Thelarion and his army are the elves who were banished to the Silent Forest.
That's because you have to kill Galren by plunging into the fight with the monsters, making it harder to kill her as you have to fight multiple foes at once. Also, some of the Rangers still attack, which provides an adequate challenge.

Also, you can instruct the ally in most of the scenarios, since the Saurian leaders are your subordinates, try that. ;)
sergey

Post by sergey »

Hi, gweddeoran. I didn't finish this campaign. It was pretty fun, but the "Battle of Thelien Forest" scenario is too hard for me. Perhaps I should have more gold carried from the previous scenarios. Moreover, it frustrated me since there is so much forest terrain. I understand that the battle occurs in a deep forest, but fighting against elves on such map is a pain. I would like to emphasize that this is just my opinion and you may ignore it. Anyway, thanks for creating this campaign :)
Author of SP scenario Dragon Fight and SP campaign Captured by a Nightmare.
Created The Rise of Wesnoth (alternative mechanics) version of the mainline campaign.
Gweddeoran

Post by Gweddeoran »

Sure, I get your feeling, could you send me a replay. I know it was hard, and hate frustrating you like that. I'll send a fix soon enough. :eng:
What do you think messed you up, less gold or too many enemies?
EarthCake

Post by EarthCake »

gweddeoran wrote: April 9th, 2019, 2:27 am She is at the outskirts, not the centre of the swamp, look at the journey map.
She is at the outkirts, but west is sea. If she travelled all that way to get killed, then...

About elves and saurians, I just charged at them second time and my saurians broke their lines.
gweddeoran wrote: April 9th, 2019, 2:27 am The point is that you need to defeat the elves before they get to him. This is very much possible, look at the replay posted by sergey in the previous page.
Yes, Landar's elves do exist, if you play 'Son of the Black Eye', you find out that Prince Thelarion and his army are the elves who were banished to the Silent Forest.
You're right. Only weird thing is... Are news in North late 800 years?
gweddeoran wrote: April 9th, 2019, 2:27 am That's because you have to kill Galren by plunging into the fight with the monsters, making it harder to kill her as you have to fight multiple foes at once. Also, some of the Rangers still attack, which provides an adequate challenge.
When I arrived, there was 3 wounded elves and 6 lvl-0 monsters. I just let them kill each other and then I killed leaders.

Btw, does oft mean same as often?
sergey

Post by sergey »

gweddeoran wrote: April 9th, 2019, 12:09 pm Sure, I get your feeling, could you send me a replay. I know it was hard, and hate frustrating you like that. I'll send a fix soon enough. :eng:
What do you think messed you up, less gold or too many enemies?
I don't have a savefile or replay of that scenario. I had 360 gold, trolls had 350 gold. If I remember correctly, elves had 400 + 200 + 200 = 800 gold. That looks correct story-wise, I think elves should have more gold than saurians and trolls.

Trolls performed suicidal attack. I deployed my troops (mostly saurian skirmishers) on a forest terrain along the road and waited until elves moved to a flat road to attack me. There were heavily losses on the both sides. When assassins squad arrived I was in a desperate situation. I had a small amount of high level units on my side. Trolls had only few units, woses attacked their leader. The assassins squad looks weak compared to amount of elves/woses on their way and the fact that their path lies through the forest.
Last edited by sergey on April 9th, 2019, 10:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Author of SP scenario Dragon Fight and SP campaign Captured by a Nightmare.
Created The Rise of Wesnoth (alternative mechanics) version of the mainline campaign.
Gweddeoran

Re: Saurian Campaign- The Thelien Attack (Version 0.9.7)

Post by Gweddeoran »

Version 0.9.6.5-0.9.7

1) Dialogue fixes
2) Reduced difficulty of Scenario 5 by increasing starting gold, increasing turn limits in previous scenarios, improving strength and positioning of Jetto's battalion (he now has Orcish Crossbowmen instead of Goblin Pillagers and spawns much nearer to the Ancient Wose leader). However, the turn limit has been reduced.