Getting rid of the wreath after beta testing

The place to post your WML questions and answers.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
  • Please use [code] BBCode tags in your posts for embedding WML snippets.
  • To keep your code readable so that others can easily help you, make sure to indent it following our conventions.
Stupidbro

Getting rid of the wreath after beta testing

Post by Stupidbro »

So, I recently finished building my own campaign (yay!!! 🎉🎉🎉) but noticed that whenever you finish playing a campaign, which I did several times in development, it forever leaves a golden wreath around the campaign icon. Is there any way to get rid of it without simply changing the id of the campaign?
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Re: Getting rid of the wreath after beta testing

Post by Ravana »

It is saved in preferences file, you can edit it there.
Stupidbro

Post by Stupidbro »

So I've heard, but where IS the preference file?
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

Usually few folders up from your addon folder. For some OS it might be elsewhere, like ~/.config instead.
Stupidbro

Post by Stupidbro »

Still can't find it. A directory would be more helpful
octalot
General Code Maintainer

Post by octalot »

In the latest versions of Wesnoth, click the 'i' button at the bottom-left of the title screen, and it will show all of the paths. The preferences file is in the 'Configuration' folder.
Stupidbro

Post by Stupidbro »

No dice. I don't have a late enough version to have the i button, and I can't find a "configuration" folder.
octalot
General Code Maintainer

Post by octalot »

Erm, are you using 1.12 instead of 1.14? If so, is there some bug in 1.14 that means it doesn't work on your PC?

In 1.12, I think the list of paths is in "Preferences, General, Paths".
Stupidbro

Post by Stupidbro »

... I'm starting to get a bit confused. I'm pretty sure, if Wesnoth is being updated pretty regularly, that I have something much older than "1.12"
1) When the game is opened, it says "Version 1.8.2" in the bottom left corner.
2) Are we talking about a directory in the game, or a directory when you go into the game's files? I've been working off the assumption of the latter, but it might explain a bit if we're not talking about the actual files.

And no, even working off the former, no dice again. There's nothing to indicate anything about getting rid of the wreath. I also want to clarify something; I want to get rid of the wreath on the one campaign, not on all the campaigns.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

...why are you using 1.8.2?
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
josteph
Inactive Developer

Post by josteph »

What OS do you use?
Stupidbro

Post by Stupidbro »

I'm using 1.8.2 because I have no way of updating Wesnoth on the system I've got it on (I'm not even entirely sure how my family got it in the first place) and I think the OS is a Windows Vista. Whatever it is, it hasn't seen Internet in a long time...
Shiki
Developer

Post by Shiki »

1.8 does have indeed no button in the UI for looking it up.
Though it shows which paths are used in the terminal output, you could launch wesnoth from a console. IIRC, if you right-click on a the application launcher, you can open the properties, and there the path of the executable is shown. Then you could launch cmd.exe, and navigate with the cd command to said path and launch wesnoth with .\wesnoth.

On another note, does someone know how to use wesnoth without installing? Does something like extracting the installer and launching the executable without installing work? Extracting with which tool btw… If you miss admin privileges, but have an USB stick laying around for getting wesnoth…
Try out the dark board theme.
josteph
Inactive Developer

Post by josteph »

Shiki, try asking this on discord or on the tech support forums. A drive-by comment in the WML Workshop forum might not reach the right audience.
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

Shiki wrote: March 24th, 2019, 7:32 pm On another note, does someone know how to use wesnoth without installing? Does something like extracting the installer and launching the executable without installing work? Extracting with which tool btw… If you miss admin privileges, but have an USB stick laying around for getting wesnoth…
At lest on windows the installer does not require admin privileges if you insall to a non restricted location like somehere inside you user diurectory Iirc.
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.