Master of Monsters!!! Factions/Maps multiplayer era

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

gr1ms

Master of Monsters!!! Factions/Maps multiplayer era

Post by gr1ms »

Hello community!

This game has brought me a lot of joy over the years and I want to contribute back to this awesome community. Problem is, i've never coded anything before.
I plan on making a new era with a faction for each of the masters: Daimyou, Wizard, Sorceror, Darklord and Summoner. I will be making maps and ripping the music from my emulator as I own a hard copy of master of monsters for sega genesis still to this day. MoM got me into this genre of games at a young age and is still one of my favourites to this day. I couldn't think of a better way to contribute to the community than sharing a piece of my child hood with you all. Any help, tips or tricks etc. will be much appreciated! I'll be updating this forum once a week. Between work and hockey I plan on this taking a bit of time to finish but I'm committed to completion. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Thanks,
Gr1ms
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Re: Master of Monsters!!! Factions/Maps multiplayer era

Post by Ravana »

Note that such addon will not be allowed to official addon server for licencing reasons.
gr1ms

Post by gr1ms »

I do plan on reaching out to whatever body currently owns the rights to the franchise for permission to recreate the game...
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

Just to be clear though, this requires more than just their permission - any art/music/sound must under a GPL or Creative Commons license.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
josteph
Inactive Developer

Post by josteph »

Code: Select all

static const std::string terms = R"""(All content within add-ons uploaded to this server must be licensed under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL), with the sole exception of graphics and audio explicitly denoted as released under a Creative Commons license either in:

a) a combined toplevel file, e.g. “My_Addon/ART_LICENSE”; <b>or</b>
    b) a file with the same path as the asset with “.license” appended, e.g. “My_Addon/images/units/axeman.png.license”.

<b>By uploading content to this server, you certify that you have the right to:</b>

a) release all included art and audio explicitly denoted with a Creative Commons license in the proscribed manner under that license; <b>and</b>
    b) release all other included content under the terms of the GPL; and that you choose to do so.)""";
Note that "all content" could cover even maps and units, if they are derived from the original game.