Witch Campaign: Mountain Witch

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Can-ned_Food

Re: Witch Campaign: Mountain Witch

Post by Can-ned_Food »

The trouble is with playing the file Mountain_Witch/music/Arkenstoned.ogg. I'm not certain why Lua is coughing at it, but this trouble resides in the Lua underworkings and how the engine handles that audio file, and not with this campaign, methinks.

Anyway, those “optional” add–ons are not required to play that file because it is included in Mountain Witch.
Sadaharu wrote: February 5th, 2019, 6:05 amI hope this helps.
As do I. :)
IIIO_METAL

Post by IIIO_METAL »

What written by Can-ned_Food may be the correct answer.
I included four music files that are frequently used on add-ons, but that may be the cause of the problem. This file is the same as the file included in UMC_Music_Book, and the file name has not been changed either. Therefore, there are two files with the same name. I think this condition is a factor that induces errors.

I will modify addons according to this guess. I hope this will solve the problem.
Creator of "Mountain Witch" & "Castle of evil spirit"
Sadaharu

Post by Sadaharu »

‘Escape of Princess’
The objective for both side #1 (Ann) and #9 (Kaoru) reads ‘Go to the eastern end’. It is not not clear who should be going where.

(one day later) EDIT: I finally figure out which exact tile SeaWalker has to stand on.
Can-ned_Food wrote: February 7th, 2019, 3:25 am The trouble is with playing the file Mountain_Witch/music/Arkenstoned.ogg. I'm not certain why Lua is coughing at it, but this trouble resides in the Lua underworkings and how the engine handles that audio file, and not with this campaign, methinks.

Anyway, those “optional” add–ons are not required to play that file because it is included in Mountain Witch.
Sadaharu wrote: February 5th, 2019, 6:05 amI hope this helps.
As do I. :)
IIIO_METAL wrote: February 7th, 2019, 7:02 am What written by Can-ned_Food may be the correct answer.
I included four music files that are frequently used on add-ons, but that may be the cause of the problem. This file is the same as the file included in UMC_Music_Book, and the file name has not been changed either. Therefore, there are two files with the same name. I think this condition is a factor that induces errors.

I will modify addons according to this guess. I hope this will solve the problem.
I too hope it works. Removing the link to Arkenstoned.ogg may work in the short term and for this campaign, but I am afraid that is something for the code-wranglers to… well, wrangle in their workshops.
IIIO_METAL

Post by IIIO_METAL »

I modified some of the scenarios at the same time as I modified the music file. I am doing check work as to whether it works well.
However, my work has become busy so I think that I can not upload it soon.
Sadaharu

Post by Sadaharu »

:-D

I have finished playing the campaign.

Congratulations, IIIO_METAL! It is a good campaign. The characters are varied and interesting, the new gameplay and summoning units with the witch and the elf are strange but work, and the opponents provide a worthy fight.

Also the individual portraits for the characters are beautiful.

The only point against it is that once or twice the instructions in English were unclear (I can help if you like) and so sometimes I had to replay some scenarios until I found out what I was supposed to do.

I definitely recommend it.
IIIO_METAL

Post by IIIO_METAL »

Thank you. I am glad that you seem to have enjoyed it.
Thank you for praising the portrait, it was the hardest part of the process of making a campaign. There were not so many paintings depicting everything, but still a lot of time was necessary.

Please teach me where unclear due to bad english. Advice and help are always welcome. :D
white_haired_uncle

Post by white_haired_uncle »

In the attached, note the stats for the battle hammer, and then level it up. Either choice will actually give you +2HP, while the one that says +5% XP actually results in a lower XP.

When you AMAL Sally, Healing is misspelled.

It would be nice to have different avatars for the small wisp and healing light. I can just barely tell them apart by the size of their HP bar.

Also like to see a "cancel" option for recall a familiar.
Attachments
MoWi-Trailhead-Auto-Save13.gz
(140.37 KiB) Downloaded 545 times
Speak softly, and carry Doombringer.
Sadaharu

Post by Sadaharu »

IIIO_METAL wrote: February 23rd, 2019, 8:54 am Thank you. I am glad that you seem to have enjoyed it.
Thank you for praising the portrait, it was the hardest part of the process of making a campaign. There were not so many paintings depicting everything, but still a lot of time was necessary.

Please teach me where unclear due to bad english. Advice and help are always welcome. :D
The first three that I can find:
Spoiler:
white_haired_uncle

Maybe I missed something, but when did Sally become Bullyan (though Grace will call her Sally at least once)? Also the Battle of Shiratama objectives and final dialog (which is also when her image changes back) call her Sally.

In the attached, level her up and one option will be Slow Dance, which she already has. And the next time you get the cheerleader (1) option, even though you already have cheerleader (3).

Is the unit korpokkur really supposed to have 12HP? Not sure why I'd ever want one of those.

In one of the markets you can buy a pearl. The description says peal.

In at least one level where you play multiple sides (the first one like that, I think, it has dwarves), you can use the context menu options to execute actions with Hana's units even when it is not her turn.
Attachments
MoWi-To the mountain village-Auto-Save11.gz
(176.91 KiB) Downloaded 469 times
IIIO_METAL

Post by IIIO_METAL »

Hello, white_haired_uncle and Sadaharu.
You pointed out that, so I was able to notice many of the problems I did not notice. I appreciate it.
Several problems can be solved with simple fixes, but some are difficult to fix.
For the time being, we are working on correction work. Please pray that we can update soon. :)
white_haired_uncle

In Citadel 6, Sally/Bullyan becomes Meluryll, just before unavoidable defeat on turn 3.

In Potion of Mermaid, the actual number of turns to survive is not the same as what is displayed.

Some units have a "defend only" "attack", which is usually chosen as the default.

Hana has an AMAL to increase number of missile attacks, but at some point the number keeps getting set back to 1.
IIIO_METAL

Post by IIIO_METAL »

About the phenomenon that white_haired_uncle reported, the name of Sally had changed to Bullyan before unnoticed, but for now it does not understand the cause at all.
Also, if the data is in a normal state, no option to remember dance skills will appear when leveling up Sally. When examining the save data you attached, the unit data of Sally was no longer the original dedicated data. I do not know at which point in time the confusion of this data occurred.
By the way, such a phenomenon has not occurred in my test play.
Because do not know the cause, do not know how to solve this phenomenon. Can you attach it because I want to see saved data of your Citadel 6?
Thanks for your cooperation.

There are some bugs that have not yet been resolved, but I uploaded a new version.
Sadaharu

Post by Sadaharu »

IIIO_METAL, there is some problem with the saves, the following scenarios:
Trailhead
To the mountain village
Go to the Sea
Sorcerer of the Citadel 1
Sorcerer of the Citadel 2
Sorcerer of the Citadel 3
Sorcerer of the Citadel 4
Sorcerer of the Citadel 5
Sorcerer of the Citadel 6
Sorcerer of the Citadel 7
do not leave replay saved games.
IIIO_METAL

Post by IIIO_METAL »

Thank you, Sadaharu.
Fixed that it was set not to save Replay when winning in these scenarios.
Sadaharu

Post by Sadaharu »

You are welcome. :)