Witch Campaign: Mountain Witch

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

BTIsaac

Re: Witch Campaign: Mountain Witch

Post by BTIsaac »

Okay. The ending of Stone City has been really frustrating for me. It appears that after the encounter with Recorder, objectives started becoming extremely unclear. More than once I'm required to move two characters next to each other, as an objective, then after the enemy is defeated, I need to move Hana to the edge of the map. This serves zero purpose. There's no reason for those characters to be moved manually by the player, especially after all the hostiles are cleared out and the player still has to sit through three ally turns, where said allies do nothing but fill the small rooms and narrow paths with their units, sometimes making it impossible for hana to move where she needs to go. It took me almost half an hour AFTER all the trolls were killed, to complete this map, and most of it involved sitting through ally turns, find a way to move Hana where she needs to go, then reloading and doing it all over again because I ran out of turns. This scenario needs to end after the last troll is dead. The player should not be required to do anything else once there is no gameplay involved. You can make a dialogue only scenario for Hana leaving.

On that note, turn limits serve no purpose in this campaign besides making some scenarios frustrating for completely arbitrary reasons. Objectives tend to change, so I have no idea how to manage my time, and there's no early finish bonus, so there's no incentive to move fast. I am unawar of any way to get more gold, which would become a problem in the scenario where I need to buy a boat (after stone city). If I had just spent all my money in the market, does this scenario become unwinnable? I don't know.

Also, around this part, the style of writing begins to drop as the characters suddenly start resorting to childish swearing and namecalling for absolutely no reason. It really breaks immersion.
IIIO_METAL

Post by IIIO_METAL »

I uploaded a new version that changed some scenarios.

Version 1.2.0
: Change background music.
: Changed some scenarios and MAP.
: Fixed the text.

In future plans,
1. Fix some of the maps further
2. Balance adjustment of original unit
3. Adjustment of difficulty level etc. of scenario
4. Text rewrite
I am going to proceed with these tasks, but I do not know when it will be completed.
Creator of "Mountain Witch" & "Castle of evil spirit"
Tuco3

Post by Tuco3 »

In Stone City scenario in turn 2 Sally says something about talking with Vonbir. Who is Vonbir? And where is Vonbir in the map?? I can not see anybody with that name in the map!
IIIO_METAL

Post by IIIO_METAL »

Hello, Tuco3.
I want to find out what is going on in that scenario, please show the save data. If it is in normal condition, Vonbir should appear on MAP, but something seems to be wrong.
Tuco3

Post by Tuco3 »

Sorry. That problem was in Wesnoth 1.12 that does not have your last version of the game. In Wesnoth 1.14 there is no problem. Please, update the game in Wesnoth 1.12 or remove it from its server.
IIIO_METAL

Post by IIIO_METAL »

Thank you for telling me the information.
It was my lazy personality that I was behind schedule to update version 1.12. :oops:
It may take some time but I will update the data without fail.
IIIO_METAL

Post by IIIO_METAL »

A bug that does not have Vonbir in Wesnoth 1.12 will not occur if you start a campaign in the current version.
If you continue with campaign with old version of saved data, the reported phenomenon may occur.
I uploaded a version that added code to prevent this phenomenon. ver1.1.14b
This version has not yet been reflected on large data changes in progress for Wesnoth 1.14. It is undecided whether we will make major version upgrades in the future.
Sadaharu

Post by Sadaharu »

Hello. So far the campaign has been fun and innovative, but I am stuck at the ‘In the Ruins‘ scenario, playing on BfW 1.14.5.
Right after I destroyed the sixth cornerstone I got the following:

Code: Select all

Error report
<Lua error> lua/wml-tags.lua:281:Error: Attempted to access an invalid music track.
stack traceback:
[C]: in metamethod '__newindex'
lua/wml-tags.lua:281: in local 'cmd'
lua/wml-utils.lua:145: in field 'handle_event_commands'
lua/wml-flow.lua:20: in local 'cmd'
lua/wml-flow.lua:38: in local 'cmd'
lua/wml-flow.lua:6: in function <lua/wml-flow.lua:5>
Sadaharu

Post by Sadaharu »

Regarding the above, I exited the game, started it again and reloaded the last save. This time the event was triggered properly. I am not sure what's going on.
IIIO_METAL

Post by IIIO_METAL »

Hello Sadaharu, Thanks for the information.
When I played the test, I never encountered such an error. Me too not sure what is going on.
I will make an effort to investigate the cause, but my knowledge may not be able to solve it.
Sadaharu

Post by Sadaharu »

I have so far been unable to replicate the error. It happened at turn 38 in the attached replay.

I got similar problems when viewing the replay which, however, did not make the game unplayable, right at the beginning.
Attachments
MoWi-In the Ruins After replay.gz
(43.22 KiB) Downloaded 432 times
Sadaharu

Post by Sadaharu »

‘Merchants Road’ has two problems.
1) the same as above, music tracks are not found when the two caravans reach the signpost.

<Lua error> lua/wml-tags.lua:281: Error: Attempted to acces an invalid music track.
stack traceback:
I downloaded all the resources listed as ‘optional’: UMC Music Book 01-12, West's Chronicles and Epic music. Then I reloaded and didn't get the problem anymore, so I recommend that they be not marked ‘optional’ but ‘mandatory’ instead.

2) When the caravans reach the signpost I get this other problem: the game objectives are listed as ‘Move the caravans to the signpost at the southern end’ as before, when they should read ‘move Hana to the signpost at the southern end’.

I hope this helps.
Last edited by Sadaharu on February 5th, 2019, 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Can-ned_Food

OT: error message in Lua

Post by Can-ned_Food »

Sadaharu wrote: February 5th, 2019, 6:05 am

<Lua error> lua/wml-tags.lua:281: Error: Attenoted to acces an invalid music track.
Is that really what it said? “Attenoted to acces”?
I used Grep through a copy of the source — c998f13a4526d89840b3bf7e36e6a4ffd57d7c80, so a tad old — and it returned nothing.

If you copied this from a screenshot, then there is a possibility that you transcribed incorrectly. If neither, then we have those typographic errors somewhere.
Sadaharu

Post by Sadaharu »

*Attempted - notice how no and mp are right next to each other.

The rest of the quote is OK, I've just checked.
Sadaharu

Post by Sadaharu »

After downloading all the UMC Music Books, Epic music and West's Chronicles, I got the same problem again last night when I destroyed the last cornerstone in ‘Road in the Forest’.

<Lua error> lua/wml-tags.lua:281: Error: Attempted to access an invalid music track.
stack traceback:
For now I'll leave it, because any further reports on this issue will be reiterations of the same.