Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
12%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 241

Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Konrad2 »

Sov wrote: January 25th, 2019, 7:10 pm In chapter 3 or 4, in the first scenario, one knight asks Efraim for help and in exchange he would send some royal knights with him(And I answered yes; but I believe nothing happened)
You were not able to recuit Heavy Infantry afterwards? (I guess he didn't say 'royal knights' instead something like 'soldiers'.)
dabber

Post by dabber »

Sov wrote: January 25th, 2019, 7:10 pmAnd marrowind doubles (or more) the number of attacks (instead of 30%), it doesn’t change a lot actually, everything is dead after the 7th or 8th hit.
Just like I said on another question a few posts back, that item gives the Anger weapon specials, which doubles attacks by both sides when you attack. It also gives +30% attacks. Yes, Marrowrend is awesome.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

white_haired_uncle wrote: January 19th, 2019, 9:26 pm When you level up Efraim and are presented with choices, most weapon upgrades will show on the left side. In the attached, you can see that parry and whirlwind do not. I would like to be able to see what I am choosing.
Doing it in an accurate way is not possible without creating my own advancement window. I am considering creating one, because it would allow a lot of performance optimisations.
white_haired_uncle wrote: January 19th, 2019, 9:26 pmP.S. If it were possible, I'd really like to have mousing over the choice bring up a description.
I don't know if this is even possible without heavily editing the game itself and delivering the modified wesnoth.exe to everybody.
white_haired_uncle wrote: January 19th, 2019, 9:26 pm PPS. Yes, the beta. If you don't rename it, you get an error because the data directories expect to be under 'Legend_of_the_Invincibles'. (I'm also curious what would happen if you had both stable and beta installed, if it didn't cause an error it could be confusing for the user).
I don't know if this was fixed or not, I am not the one who maintains the automatic beta version uploading script.
white_haired_uncle wrote: January 20th, 2019, 1:28 am Use the "unequip all items" option on Argan, then note that he is still GEARED.
This part of code is currently being altered and is different between branches, so any fixes I do right now would most likely become irrelevant soon.
andluism wrote: January 21st, 2019, 8:09 am Hi there, I have an Elvish Assassin which supposed to have sucks 4 for both melee and ranged but it is gone when I equipped Dark Sword of Destruction with Dark Gloves of Destruction. If I remember correctly it worked before I equipped the gloves, but when I got the gloves and equipped it suddenly there was a bug crash going on (i forgot to screenshot it). After that even without the gloves, the sucks doesn't work....
It must do physical damage to have suck, it's a penalty I have implemented to make attacks with altered damage types less efficient because they often ignore enemy units' armour. You can have the gloves and then equip a ring that changes the damage type back to physical (if you have one).
andluism wrote: January 21st, 2019, 8:09 am Btw this is my first time playing Lotl and it's great!
Thanks ^_^
white_haired_uncle wrote: January 22nd, 2019, 12:03 am There's a slyph at 23.24 with prayer gauntlets giving her heals +8. Use her to kill the elf fighter, levelling her to a seer (heals +4). Her attributes and unit information says she heals +4. Shouldn't she at least heal +8, if not +12?
dabber wrote: January 22nd, 2019, 2:26 pm Dugi, where in the code does it choose between similar abilities (different levels of heal)? I cannot find anything that looks vaguely like that.
This is being discussed on github. It's the default behaviour of wesnoth, but the code for handing items can merge these abilities into one to overwrite it. It, however, could cause this campaign's mechanics diverge even more from the unmodified game's mechanics.
white_haired_uncle wrote: January 23rd, 2019, 4:36 am The crafted Equality weapon does not increase the number of attacks by 20 as advertised.

Archer's armor description could be updated to mention that the benefit only applies to physical attacks.
I think the latter was fixed. I am investigating the first one.
Konrad2 wrote: January 23rd, 2019, 9:07 pm Is there a reason why 'bonus dmg' is green colored but 'bonus spell dmg' is blue colored?
The blue or green colour depends on the condition if it benefits a weapon or not, not whether it's offensive or defensive. I may have messed some things up in the assignment of colours.
Sov wrote: January 25th, 2019, 7:10 pm Hey there,
I am playing lotl part 2 and found something strange, if I have a potion activated and my unit levels up in my turn, I lose the effects of the potion, but if my unit levels up in the enemy’s turn it doesn’t lose the effects. My guess is that they are supposed to lose the effect, bonus, what ever, after levelling up, because Efraim with foul potion could win the game alone with 4K hp lol
Fixed. You would not meet turn limits if you played him alone.
edwardspec

Post by edwardspec »

beta is quite fine now. (that is, works after installation without the need to manually rename anything)
white_haired_uncle

Post by white_haired_uncle »

The option for a skeleton to level up to a chocobone is not shown in the help for either.

in Ch4S2, "stuck an a lengthy" in/on?

Ch4S2 and S5 the objectives say no gold carryover, but there is.
Speak softly, and carry Doombringer.
white_haired_uncle

Ch5S2 ends in immediate defeat.

1.14.5/3.2.4c+
Attachments
LotI1-Escape.gz
(311.75 KiB) Downloaded 245 times
wesnoth-20190126-203226-2348.log
(1.07 KiB) Downloaded 205 times
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

white_haired_uncle wrote: January 26th, 2019, 11:41 pm The option for a skeleton to level up to a chocobone is not shown in the help for either.
I cannot edit what is shown for mainline units, so I can't fix this.
white_haired_uncle wrote: January 26th, 2019, 11:41 pmin Ch4S2, "stuck an a lengthy" in/on?
No, it's in Ch4S3.
white_haired_uncle wrote: January 26th, 2019, 11:41 pmCh4S2 and S5 the objectives say no gold carryover, but there is.
No, those are S3 and S5.
white_haired_uncle wrote: January 27th, 2019, 1:39 amCh5S2 ends in immediate defeat.
I can replicate it, but I it somehow fails to store properly a unit on the recall list and produces some broken stuff that other parts of its code fail to process. I have no idea what is wrong. It doesn't seem to be specific to that scenario. Can you please try to start from some earlier scenario and get back there?

Can somebody provide his save file from that scenario?
white_haired_uncle

Dugi wrote: January 27th, 2019, 12:48 pm
white_haired_uncle wrote: January 27th, 2019, 1:39 amCh5S2 ends in immediate defeat.
I can replicate it, but I it somehow fails to store properly a unit on the recall list and produces some broken stuff that other parts of its code fail to process. I have no idea what is wrong. It doesn't seem to be specific to that scenario. Can you please try to start from some earlier scenario and get back there?
As a first step, I went back to the last turn of the previous scenario and ended it the same way. And now it works.

I think the fix was that before I reported this, I downloaded the latest version of 3.2.4c+ just to make sure it was broke in the latest version. But I only tested loading the save. This time I tested creating the save.

EDIT: But now, I can't pick up objects. In the attached, I can kill the enemy leader with Efraim every time and he always drops something.
Attachments
LotI1-Escape-Auto-Save6.gz
(624.8 KiB) Downloaded 276 times
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

That's one heck of a version number for the beta. XD
dabber

Post by dabber »

Coloring of item effects needs better consistency. What should it be?
Set bonuses are purple.
Improvements to resistance are blue. I think any "defensive type" bonus should be blue. So I would change dodge from green to blue.
New abilities are currently blue. I think they should have their own color - orange? I would make weapon specials the same new color.
Improvements to damage output are currently green. That includes damage, attacks, spell damage, and resistance penetrations. Also changing damage type. Devastating blow, suck and spell suck are currently blue, but I think they should change to green.
I'd like to give movement modifications, in any form, another new color too.

I'll throw something onto github.
dabber

Post by dabber »

Upon further thought, probably suck and spell suck should stay blue, because gaining hitpoints is really defensive.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

white_haired_uncle wrote: January 27th, 2019, 7:57 pm EDIT: But now, I can't pick up objects. In the attached, I can kill the enemy leader with Efraim every time and he always drops something.
I loaded your save, killed the leader, took the armour he dropped and the armour was picked as it was supposed to.
Konrad2 wrote: January 28th, 2019, 9:27 am That's one heck of a version number for the beta. XD
It is automatically uploaded after almost every change with no regard if the change is important or not, so its version increases fast.
dabber wrote: January 28th, 2019, 2:59 pm Coloring of item effects needs better consistency. What should it be?
[...]
Seems fine to me.
James_The_Invisible

Post by James_The_Invisible »

Dugi wrote: January 29th, 2019, 5:56 pm
Konrad2 wrote: January 28th, 2019, 9:27 am That's one heck of a version number for the beta. XD
It is automatically uploaded after almost every change with no regard if the change is important or not, so its version increases fast.
It happens only one time a day automatically, check the logs on Travis. But the version number contains number of commits since last tag so it indeed increases quickly.
edwardspec

Post by edwardspec »

Beta version "3.2.4.35" means that there were 35 changes since 3.2.4 release.
(no matter how small these changes were, can be just fixing a typo)

Beta is updated daily, so it can be 3.2.4.10 today and 3.2.4.20 tomorrow.
Sov wrote: January 25th, 2019, 7:10 pmIn chapter 3 or 4, in the first scenario, one knight asks Efraim for help and in exchange he would send some royal knights with him(And I answered yes; but I believe nothing happened)
The knight invites Efraim to help him on an optional mission (about bandits), and if you answer "no", then this mission is skipped. (you can only hire Heavy Infantryman units if you helped the knight, as them joining your quest is his reward for helping him)
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Dugi wrote: January 29th, 2019, 5:56 pm
dabber wrote: January 28th, 2019, 2:59 pm Coloring of item effects needs better consistency. What should it be?
[...]
Seems fine to me.
I'd love to see this.