Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
12%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 241

dabber

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by dabber »

white_haired_uncle,
1) I recently observed something similar about final kill item drops. I believe it applies to scenarios where the victory condition is not "kill everything". I see now how it matters a lot more in part 1, where items are rare.
Edit: Actually, the situation I found doesn't explain yours. Not sure why you wouldn't get the item.
2) The double sword of Krux is definitely flawed.
3) That isn't crazy. He is gaining an extra attack from the magic helm. If you think of it as going from 25x1 to 16x2, it makes sense. But the extra attack alters the efficiency.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

wuxiangjinxing wrote: January 13th, 2019, 1:10 am In this translation most of the strings related to the system (such as units, abilities, special abilities, weapon specials, etc.) are coverred. On the other hand, strings used in scenerios are almost not touched at all so yes this is an incomplete translation. But I think still it can be helpful for more Chinese players to enjoy this addon because they can chop the enemies down without understanding the story. And if more Chinese people get interested in this addon probably they can take part in the translation.
All right. Are you planning to finish it some time? I am not going to make a larger release any time soon (some heavy changes are underway), so I'd prefer to upload a more complete version if there will be any.
Ford wrote: January 18th, 2019, 4:30 pm Thanks a lot for fixing these bugs, but I'm afraid there's even more of them:
-items that are supposed to decrease resistance to certain kind of damage of nearby units apparently decrease all resistances instead
-some items give bonuses when combined with other items on one unit - however, purple lines in inventory describing these bonuses are not highlighted even though these bonuses are applied correctly (probably result of one of recent upgrades)
-not very important, but highest level plants and machines from Chapter 9 have names and titles, which is rather strange, considering the latter are described as mindless tools and the former are, well, plants (lower level units of the same kind have neither).
And by the way, Chapter 9 (at least in the beginning - I now that some players considered it boring in the long run) is very interesting, with change of scenery, a lot of new enemies and new, unusual challangess.
I will check out the resistance problem.

The code for purple lines has been entirely rewritten, so any bugs that used to be there are no longer present.

I created a bug ticket for the inappropriately awarded titles: https://github.com/Dugy/Legend_of_the_I ... issues/233

Thanks for the feedback about chapter 9. I am glad my efforts did their purpose.
white_haired_uncle wrote: January 18th, 2019, 10:01 pm Okay, I'll admit it. I didn't read all 464 pages, but I did do a quick search and didn't find anything.

You should probably put in a notice informing people to remove the _beta from the directory, or else it won't load. Easy enough to figure out, but a quick note for us to ignore would be helpful.
I am not sure what you are referring to. You mean the beta version that was recently added to the server?
white_haired_uncle wrote: January 18th, 2019, 11:38 pm When I first played this (Banished), the orc leader dropped a sword and the scenario ended, but I didn't get the sword. I thought when things were dropped like that they automatically went into inventory, but maybe I'm thinking of a different campaign?

[EDIT: Nope, not thinking of a different campaign. When I finished the next scenario I got a message about automatically picking something up that was dropped by last enemy leader]

I did find something interesting though. Check out Efraim's sword(s). I went back to the very beginning and saw the same, so maybe it happens in the tutorial when you switch swords?

3.2.4c+/1.14.5
This part of code is going to be rewritten soon.
white_haired_uncle wrote: January 19th, 2019, 4:03 am 3.2.4c+/1.14.5

Kill the dragon with Efraim, get a free WML error
This also seems to be related to the code being rewritten. It doesn't seem to have any side effect.
white_haired_uncle

Post by white_haired_uncle »

When you level up Efraim and are presented with choices, most weapon upgrades will show on the left side. In the attached, you can see that parry and whirlwind do not. I would like to be able to see what I am choosing.

P.S. If it were possible, I'd really like to have mousing over the choice bring up a description.

PPS. Yes, the beta. If you don't rename it, you get an error because the data directories expect to be under 'Legend_of_the_Invincibles'. (I'm also curious what would happen if you had both stable and beta installed, if it didn't cause an error it could be confusing for the user).
Attachments
LotI1-Escape from Oblivion-Auto-Save40.gz
(310.45 KiB) Downloaded 232 times
Speak softly, and carry Doombringer.
white_haired_uncle

dabber,

Thanks for the explanation. I figured it was some sort of interaction with other stuff, but wasn't sure. It still seems odd to me, since I've never seen an upgrade actually lower the total potential damage (that I can remember at least). Also, making melee and arcane attacks faster doesn't decrease their damage, I wonder why the crossbow would. I could see a bow have each shot do a little less damage as the user gets tired, but with a crossbow it's either cocked or not.
dabber

Post by dabber »

white_haired_uncle, the general idea is to keep most attack upgrades somewhat equal. Certainly "equal" is never achieved, but going from 25x1 to 25x2 would double damage, and thus be too much of a no-brainer choice. Making it 25x1 to 16x2 means the gain is roughly similar to other available AMLAs.
Think of it this way - he learns how far to tighten the spring so that he can fire significantly faster without losing too much effectiveness.
white_haired_uncle

Use the "unequip all items" option on Argan, then note that he is still GEARED.
Attachments
LotI1-Long Way Home-Auto-Save1.gz
(365.68 KiB) Downloaded 197 times
andluism

Post by andluism »

Hi there, I have an Elvish Assassin which supposed to have sucks 4 for both melee and ranged but it is gone when I equipped Dark Sword of Destruction with Dark Gloves of Destruction. If I remember correctly it worked before I equipped the gloves, but when I got the gloves and equipped it suddenly there was a bug crash going on (i forgot to screenshot it). After that even without the gloves, the sucks doesn't work. Here is the screenshot of the unit info:

Btw this is my first time playing Lotl and it's great!
Whiskeyjack

Post by Whiskeyjack »

Hey andluism,

the DSoD turns your weapon type to cold. suck only works with the physical damage types (pierce, blade, impact), not the magical ones (cold, fire, arcane). If you want to activate suck while also using the Darkness set you need another item that turns your weapon type to physical again (e.g., The Unprecious Ring, Crushing Walk).
Under blood-red skies, an old man sits
In the ruins of Carthage - contemplating prophecy.
white_haired_uncle

There's a slyph at 23.24 with prayer gauntlets giving her heals +8. Use her to kill the elf fighter, levelling her to a seer (heals +4). Her attributes and unit information says she heals +4. Shouldn't she at least heal +8, if not +12?
Attachments
LotI1-Lilith-Auto-Save6.gz
(474.6 KiB) Downloaded 272 times
dabber

Post by dabber »

Interesting. It appears that a heal from an item is always ignored in favor of a heal from the unit itself. Github issue created. It should be the highest. Abilities are never intended to stack, merely to pick the best one. Suck and spell_suck stack, damage, resistance and dodge in various forms stack, but I don't think anything else does.
I also tested Despair and the same thing happened - item ignored in favor of lesser unit ability.
Dugi, where in the code does it choose between similar abilities (different levels of heal)? I cannot find anything that looks vaguely like that.
andluism

Post by andluism »

Whiskeyjack wrote: January 21st, 2019, 9:50 am Hey andluism,

the DSoD turns your weapon type to cold. suck only works with the physical damage types (pierce, blade, impact), not the magical ones (cold, fire, arcane). If you want to activate suck while also using the Darkness set you need another item that turns your weapon type to physical again (e.g., The Unprecious Ring, Crushing Walk).
Oh I see! Well that's... rather sucks. I will not be using any magical weapons then. Because suck is pure blessing :D
white_haired_uncle

In the attached, pick up the mace that increases attacks by 30%, and you'll see that it increases attacks by 100%.

Other notes:

You can craft an armor called nighwalker (nightwalker?)

The crafted Equality weapon does not increase the number of attacks by 20 as advertised.

Archer's armor description could be updated to mention that the benefit only applies to physical attacks.
Attachments
LotI1-Ambush-Auto-Save1.gz
(455.76 KiB) Downloaded 207 times
dabber

Post by dabber »

It doesn't increase attacks by 100%, it grants the weapon special anger, which doubles attacks for both sides when you attack. Wesnoth shows the doubled attack count.

Equality gives 20% more attacks. There is a bug that doesn't show the % symbol.

Personally I think "ranged damage increase" should apply to spells or weapons, but at minimum it should be clarified. "ranged weapon damage bonus" would do.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Is there a reason why 'bonus dmg' is green colored but 'bonus spell dmg' is blue colored?
Sov

Post by Sov »

Hey there,
I am playing lotl part 2 and found something strange, if I have a potion activated and my unit levels up in my turn, I lose the effects of the potion, but if my unit levels up in the enemy’s turn it doesn’t lose the effects. My guess is that they are supposed to lose the effect, bonus, what ever, after levelling up, because Efraim with foul potion could win the game alone with 4K hp lol

In chapter 3 or 4, in the first scenario, one knight asks Efraim for help and in exchange he would send some royal knights with him(And I answered yes; but I believe nothing happened)

And marrowind doubles (or more) the number of attacks (instead of 30%), it doesn’t change a lot actually, everything is dead after the 7th or 8th hit.

Well thanks for the campaign. You don’t have to reply this if you don’t want.