1.18 SP Campaign - Bad Moon Rising

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

doofus-01
Art Director

Re: 1.14 SP Campaign - Bad Moon Rising

Post by doofus-01 »

Konrad2 wrote: December 19th, 2018, 10:25 pm World Map after Ruin
The sun shines despite it being winter (which means that the sun won't rise until spring comes).
Just for clarification, are you talking about the world map or skirmishes? Wesnoth currently crashes my WM so I'm not testing anything, but glancing at the .cfg file shows there is a macro for winter schedule, at least.
Konrad2 wrote: December 19th, 2018, 10:25 pm EDIT:

huh.png
That's new.
I see that sometimes too, I have no idea what causes it. I haven't looked too hard though.
Konrad2 wrote: December 19th, 2018, 10:25 pm EDIT 3:
No 'this is the last scenario, spend all your gold' hint. :/ It would have been good to know that there won't be a carry over to the 'next' scenario, so the player won't end this one with 812 gold left. Which makes a lot of difference in the way you play of course. ^^
No, because it isn't. There is carryover to Part 3, and I wasn't sure how that would play out, or should play out. I'm still not sure...
Konrad2 wrote: December 19th, 2018, 10:25 pm EDIT 6:
Which does the ghost side have a huge amount of money if they do not get a keep to recruit units? They don't do anything after the initial units die.
They used to have a keep, they may again some day. In the mean time, I don't see how it matters.
Konrad2 wrote: December 19th, 2018, 10:25 pm EDIT 8:
BMR3 - Sc1
Am I storywise supposed to defeat the Primevalists? Because you can win this scenario just find without doing so.
You can if you want, it makes no difference. Story-wise, the fact that they show up and the elfs are kicking you out of the neighborhood is all that matters.
Konrad2 wrote: December 19th, 2018, 10:25 pm I'll be taking a break from BMR [...]
No problem, I know the feeling. Thanks for the comments up to now.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

doofus-01 wrote: December 23rd, 2018, 2:21 am Just for clarification, are you talking about the world map or skirmishes? Wesnoth currently crashes my WM so I'm not testing anything, but glancing at the .cfg file shows there is a macro for winter schedule, at least.
World map, but the .cfg file is enough of a confirmation for me. I noticed recently that the 'dawn' time of day is pretty bright itself, so I ürobably just confused it for daylight.
doofus-01 wrote: December 23rd, 2018, 2:21 am I see that sometimes too, I have no idea what causes it. I haven't looked too hard though.
It's either the 'Mark or unmark unit' or the 'Unit Status'. I'd guess it's the mark, because that's the one with the most recent changes, right?
doofus-01 wrote: December 23rd, 2018, 2:21 am No, because it isn't. There is carryover to Part 3, and I wasn't sure how that would play out, or should play out. I'm still not sure...
Well, I can confirm that the carryover does not work. I ended the last scenario of BMR2 with 812 gold and started the first scenario of BMR3 with 150 gold.
Dragon-Friend

Post by Dragon-Friend »

Thanks for the reply, Doofus. Just since I am new to the forums, can you give me a hint as to what would have been the right thread for my question?
'Good and ill have not changed since yesteryear; nor are they one thing among Elves and Dwarves and another among Men.' Aragorn to Eomer The Lord of the Rings
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Dragon-Friend wrote: December 24th, 2018, 7:25 pm Thanks for the reply, Doofus. Just since I am new to the forums, can you give me a hint as to what would have been the right thread for my question?
Archaic Era.
https://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=27740
endeschluss

Post by endeschluss »

Can someone help me with a problem? Game crashes to the desktop when loading the first mission. I ran steam version.
josteph
Inactive Developer

Post by josteph »

There was a crash in the second scenario (counting the cutscene as the first scenario) that's already fixed for 1.14.6: https://github.com/wesnoth/wesnoth/issues/3599

1.14.6 will be released later this month.
Sadaharu

Post by Sadaharu »

@doofus-01: How is the trick for the Despair units that always have near-infinite XP done? Do you just set the units' XP to 250/20 or is there anything else that needs to be done?
josteph wrote: January 9th, 2019, 9:40 pm1.14.6 will be released later this month.
Ohh, nice.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

It seems that between Part 2 and Part 3 every single equipped item is moved to the inventory. Is that intended?

EDIT:
*every item equipped to my heroes and apparently to some of my units...? I don't see the pattern.
But I can say for that my heroes got unequipped.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Konrad2 wrote: February 15th, 2019, 8:45 am It seems that between Part 2 and Part 3 every single equipped item is moved to the inventory. Is that intended?

EDIT:
*every item equipped to my heroes and apparently to some of my units...? I don't see the pattern.
But I can say for that my heroes got unequipped.
No, that would be strange. I don't remember that happening to me, and a look at my ~month old save data shows the equipment stored in the units, not the inventory. If you give me the P2 epilogue save if one is created (I don't recall), or one from the end of the previous scenario if not, I might be able to say more.
Sadaharu wrote: January 23rd, 2019, 3:04 am @doofus-01: How is the trick for the Despair units that always have near-infinite XP done? Do you just set the units' XP to 250/20 or is there anything else that needs to be done?
If I understand what you are referring to, I don't think I did anything really special, just gave them a lot of experience. Some events may cause them to advance automatically, but start/prestart probably don't.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

doofus-01 wrote: February 15th, 2019, 3:30 pm No, that would be strange. I don't remember that happening to me, and a look at my ~month old save data shows the equipment stored in the units, not the inventory. If you give me the P2 epilogue save if one is created (I don't recall), or one from the end of the previous scenario if not, I might be able to say more.
So, it looks like I probably just unequipped all my units back then and forgot about it, the epilogue shows as much as well.
But I checked the replay of the scenario before and the replay is throwing errors at me.

Code: Select all

20190215 20:17:49 error scripting/lua: ~add-ons/Bad_Moon_Rising/lua/equipment_write.lua:172: variable 'old_gear_id' must be assigned before being used
stack traceback:
	[C]: in function '.error'
	lua/ilua.lua:131: in metamethod '__index'
	~add-ons/Bad_Moon_Rising/lua/equipment_write.lua:172: in field 'remove'
	~add-ons/Bad_Moon_Rising/lua/Status_Test.lua:193: in local 'call_to_pool'
	~add-ons/Bad_Moon_Rising/lua/Status_Test.lua:248: in field 'new'
	[string "..."]:2: in local 'bytecode'
	lua/wml-tags.lua:272: in local 'cmd'
	lua/wml-utils.lua:145: in field 'handle_event_commands'
	lua/wml-flow.lua:6: in function <lua/wml-flow.lua:5>
20190215 20:17:49 error replay: found dependent command in replay while is_synced=false

I guess I unequipped something and my replay can't handle it. Maybe?
Sadaharu

Post by Sadaharu »

doofus-01 wrote: February 15th, 2019, 3:30 pm
Sadaharu wrote: January 23rd, 2019, 3:04 am @doofus-01: How is the trick for the Despair units that always have near-infinite XP done? Do you just set the units' XP to 250/20 or is there anything else that needs to be done?
If I understand what you are referring to, I don't think I did anything really special, just gave them a lot of experience. Some events may cause them to advance automatically, but start/prestart probably don't.
Ah, OK. I thought there might have been some more complex editing, but the simpler solutions are the better ones usually.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Is it normal that this Skirmish ends before I've defeated all enemies on the map?

EDIT:
Description of 'Lethal' when I hover over it with my mouse:
unit is has higher dmg, [...]

Orcish Forces
It's possible for a decorative stone to cover the 'go here' icon.

EDIT:
Are you happy/fine/something positive with how I numbered your scenarios here?
(Tbh your ids are not that helpful. xD)
Attachments
BMR3-Skirmish replay.gz
(78.58 KiB) Downloaded 308 times
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Konrad2 wrote: February 21st, 2019, 6:35 pm Is it normal that this Skirmish ends before I've defeated all enemies on the ma
Sorry I missed this post, I will check.
Konrad2 wrote: February 21st, 2019, 6:35 pm EDIT:
Description of 'Lethal' when I hover over it with my mouse:
unit is has higher dmg, [...]
Ahem... I will check it out. :doh:
Konrad2 wrote: February 21st, 2019, 6:35 pm EDIT:
Are you happy/fine/something positive with how I numbered your scenarios here?
(Tbh your ids are not that helpful. xD)
TBH, I didn't create them with this in mind. I guess that numbering makes sense. Just a heads-up that there may be issues with replays because of the Lua/GUI2 menus, I think I need to go back and restructure things with wesnoth.synchronize_choice(). Replays have been trouble, they were broken in mainline for a long time back when I was more active, so I've always blown them off. Now it's hard to get motivated to fix Lua/GUI2 stuff when I know it's all a dead end. (I don't mean to sound too negative, let's see where Project Haldric goes.)
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

The Pit - Revisited
Spoiler:
stoic
unit is has higher resistance to all attacks and higher hitpoints.
+12 hp

massive
unit is has...
weapon: +2 dmg
+8 hp

Both descriptions are missing some kind of +x type resistance.
'massive' also lacks a period to end the description (inconsistent with the other 2 traits you made).

EDIT:
I think something went wrong with the enemy flags in this scenario. I can't see them. (Village is captured by the nemy but no flag is visible.)
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Konrad2 wrote: March 5th, 2019, 10:09 pmunit is has
Good old cut & paste. It works for so many things, including propagating typos. Thanks.

BTW, since you are active on github, maybe you can post issues there, so I don't forget? Assuming it's equal effort on your part, of course. :) (Link is in my signature.)