The Sceptre of Fire

This is the place for discussing development of mainline campaigns, reporting bugs in them and providing overall feedback.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Disto

Post by Disto »

I obviously have got a old version of flight to freedom so that it doesn't work, but it is 2mb and i don't really want to have to spend the little time i have downloading that on a 56k, could you say upload the updated bits we need and we can just apply them to it.
Creator of A Seed of Evil
Creator of the Marauders
Food or Wesnoth? I'll have Wesnoth
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Disto wrote:I obviously have got a old version of flight to freedom so that it doesn't work, but it is 2mb and i don't really want to have to spend the little time i have downloading that on a 56k, could you say upload the updated bits we need and we can just apply them to it.
I'm about to go to school, but I can fix the bug by modifying some stuff in SoF instead when I get back...
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Disto

Post by Disto »

Ok thanks, i love days off :P
Creator of the Marauders
MadMax

Post by MadMax »

This units bug was fixed in the last update.

Sorry, but the changes are too extensive to send you the revised files.
"ILLEGITIMIS NON CARBORUNDUM"

Father of Flight to Freedom
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/FlightToFreedom
Disto

Post by Disto »

Well i downloaded it while walking my dogs so i'm fine.
Creator of the Marauders
r11132a

Great Campaign!

Post by r11132a »

Great work, you've got me hooked 8-)

One bug, after completing Searching for the Stone, it complains of a missing scenario
(2t_The_Council_Regathers).

Thanks for your hard work.
turin
Lord of the East

Re: Great Campaign!

Post by turin »

r11132a wrote:Great work, you've got me hooked 8-)

One bug, after completing Searching for the Stone, it complains of a missing scenario
(2t_The_Council_Regathers).

Thanks for your hard work.
I haven't made "The Council Regathers" yet, which is why it gives you the bug. However, this is IMHO preferrable to having it end the campaign, because this way when I do create "The Council Regathers" your save game will still work. Otherwise, you would have to go in and manually set next_scenario={whatever}.

Hope that makes sense.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
The World of Orbivm
Glowing Fish

Post by Glowing Fish »

I love the new unit in Scenario 3 (or 2).
But when does it get its own faction?
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Glowing Fish wrote:I love the new unit in Scenario 3 (or 2).
But when does it get its own faction?
Which new unit?

The runemaster is a really, really, old unit that I reused.

[edit]
or do you mean the wolf? That was stolen from F2F. :P

[edit2]
0.0.3 is on the server. It has a new talking scenario and a cave scenario.
The World of Orbivm
MadMax

Post by MadMax »

turin wrote:or do you mean the wolf? That was stolen from F2F. :P
I would recommend putting them in packs of three or four, because they are designed to be good in packs. The combined ZOC is often enough to trap a unit in one place, while the pack finishes it off.
"ILLEGITIMIS NON CARBORUNDUM"

Father of Flight to Freedom
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/FlightToFreedom
PDF

Post by PDF »

Sorry, I don't understand what I'm supposed to do in the 1st scenario :roll:
Caravans should be on the human camp and should get to the Dwarves, no ? Why is there no caravans at start and do I have to recruit Dwarven caravans ? What am I supposed to do with ?
I may be dumb, but I think the objectives aren't that clear .. :?
PDF
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

PDF wrote:Sorry, I don't understand what I'm supposed to do in the 1st scenario :roll:
Caravans should be on the human camp and should get to the Dwarves, no ? Why is there no caravans at start and do I have to recruit Dwarven caravans ? What am I supposed to do with ?
The Dwarves own the caravans. They have to recruit caravans, send them to haldric, load them up, and send them back.

It could be made more clear.
The World of Orbivm
Mu

Post by Mu »

turin wrote:
PDF wrote:Sorry, I don't understand what I'm supposed to do in the 1st scenario :roll:
The Dwarves own the caravans. They have to recruit caravans, send them to haldric, load them up, and send them back.

What? I start with 4 caravans in the human base.

It should be more clear that you have to fulfill the caravans and how. I discover by luck.

Also, I think you should give a temporary graphic to the dwarvish smith, maybe the same of runemaster (until you have an exclusive one). It is very annoing when you can't see them.

In Searching for a Stone, you are supposed to can recruit or not? (according to the story I understand that not, but in fact I can).
Mu

Post by Mu »

In third scenario the runemaster died and nothing happent.

The stone is supposed to be in the same location than the yeti? It is not very clear.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Mu wrote:
turin wrote: The Dwarves own the caravans. They have to recruit caravans, send them to haldric, load them up, and send them back.

What? I start with 4 caravans in the human base.
Yeah. I changed it...
Mu wrote:It should be more clear that you have to fulfill the caravans and how. I discover by luck.
OK. How about a signpost you have to move them to?
Mu wrote:Also, I think you should give a temporary graphic to the dwarvish smith, maybe the same of runemaster (until you have an exclusive one). It is very annoing when you can't see them.
I have some, I think I just forgot to reference them.
Mu wrote:In Searching for a Stone, you are supposed to can recruit or not? (according to the story I understand that not, but in fact I can).
What according to the story says you cannot?

Mu wrote:In third scenario the runemaster died and nothing happent.
Sorry, will fix.
Mu wrote:The stone is supposed to be in the same location than the yeti? It is not very clear.
Yes. Its not that clear, I suppose...
The World of Orbivm