Deleting topics

Discussion of all aspects of the website, wiki, and forums, including assistance requests and new ideas for them.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Can-ned_Food

Deleting topics

Post by Can-ned_Food »

Maybe permissions were changed: I know that in 2017 I was able to delete topics of mine in the Art Workshop (23) board if it had no replies; recently, I learned that I am unable to delete topics in either the Scenario & Campaign (8) or Users' Forum (6) boards with same conditions.

Shouldn't groupless users be able to delete their own topics in the User's Forum if the topic has no replies? If not, then perhaps it could be renamed to Users' Forum, so as to better indicate the collective ownership of topics therein — i.e. once a user posts their feedback, it becomes popular property.
EDIT: I could've sworn the apostrophe was between the R and the S. One of those things, I suppose.
Last edited by Can-ned_Food on August 30th, 2018, 3:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Re: User's Forum: deleting topics or renaming the board

Post by Pentarctagon »

I am able to delete topics in all those forums with the Pentarctagon1 account, which is in the same Registered Users group as you are, so I can't reproduce this issue.

It is also already called "Users' Forum".
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
Can-ned_Food

Re: Users' Forum: deleting topics

Post by Can-ned_Food »

Well, thank you. Here's a follow–up.

I don't know phpBB very well, so this could be some glitch between the forum software and my webbrowser, Midori. Each board page does say “You can delete your posts in this forum”, and yet when I select the “Delete this post” while editing, I am unable to do so.
However, I can do so with the independent button beside the one for editing. I didn't think to test that until now.

I figured that membership in the Registered Users group is automatically assigned by the board software, so when I said “groupless” I meant all the other groups.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Re: Deleting topics

Post by Pentarctagon »

In that case, it's probably a phpBB bug, since even as an Admin and on Firefox it gives me that same error when trying to delete a post while editing.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code