Game wont run at 1080p

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
RogueLeader

Game wont run at 1080p

Post by RogueLeader »

I'm on Windows 10 and I just downloaded the game from Steam, version 1.14.1. For some odd reason that I do not understand the game will only run at a maximum resolution of 1536x864. Does anybody have any clue of why it could be doing this?
enclave

Re: Game wont run at 1080p

Post by enclave »

In my case it was happening if I adjusted the text to be 25% 50% bigger... in windows settings..
When I found "wesnoth.exe" right-clicked on it and ticked the "disable display scaling on high DPI settings" in "compatibility" tab I was able to run wesnoth at full resolution. Not sure if that's your case or if steam works the same (my wesnoth is non-steam), but I hope this might help you.. Sorry if not..
Last edited by enclave on May 16th, 2018, 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
vultraz
Developer

Post by vultraz »

What enclave suggests will indeed allow you higher game resolutions. What's going on in Windows's automatic high DPI compatibility scaling. It sounds like you have a hi-DPI monitor, but Wesnoth isn't get hi-DPI compatible. In those cases, Windows does some magic behind the scenes to scale everything so it's the same size as if you were running on a non-hi-DPI screen. It happens for me too, and I have a 4K monitor. If you disable it, you'll be able to select higher resolutions, but things might be too small for your liking.
Creator of Shadows of Deception (for 1.12) and co-creator of the Era of Chaos (for 1.12/1.13).
SurvivalXtreme rocks!!!
What happens when you get scared half to death...twice?
RogueLeader

Post by RogueLeader »

Yup, this worked for me. Thanks a ton guys!