Ani's Legacy (A Sanguine Tale) 26 new scenarios

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Aetheric

Ani's Legacy (A Sanguine Tale) 26 new scenarios

Post by Aetheric »

Hi all,

I have added two story arcs and some other updates to the Ani's Legacy campaign in the A Sanguine Tale add-on. This adds twenty-six new scenarios, five new endings to the campaign, a new secret battle, and two new units. ("Beware hidden dragons.") The first new story arc features a "friendship" with the Orcish Witch Nyxa. The other has the leader of Anea's new Khalifate allies, Khalid Aalamgeer, as the main protagonist (and potential husband). There are lots of bug fixes and other niceties.

If you start the campaign after updating, you'll get a graphical changelog at the opening scene describing the updates in detail. It will also tell you how to reach the new story arcs if you say "yes" at the spoiler warnings. The changelog will only show up at the opening scene the first time you play after the update (otherwise it would get annoying). You can see the changelog at any time during normal gameplay using the context menu.

I hope you enjoy the campaign. Comments, suggestions, hate mail, etc. Let me know.
-Aetheric
Sadaharu

Re: Ani's Legacy (A Sanguine Tale) 26 new scenarios

Post by Sadaharu »

Mmmkay, I can't find another thread, so… I've always thought that it'd be great if the choices the player makes could actually change the course and final outcome of a campaign. Some campaigns have the occasional choice between getting to a place through the swamp (fight undead) or through the mountains (fight the drakes) and then we are back to following the mainline campaign.

Anyway, I've begun playing this campaign and so far it's a blast. In my first run-through I released Mindra and eventually got a score of -295, destroyed our enemies, GRANAK GOT LOUD, and WE TURNED THE SANDS RED WITH THE BLOOD OF OUR ENEMIES, and we established an empire and reign of terror that lasted 300 years.

Now I've followed Tiana (woo I got to use a Peri against the Xenoi!) and now I'm a follower of Dameos across the worlds.

A few problems I've found:
Spoiler:
That's almost it for Mindra's storyline; I'll have to see what the other prisoners have to offer once I'm done with the last storyline. :)

Your campaign, sir, is UPVOTED and RECOMMENDED.

Edit/PS: I loved the trick answers in the void between the worlds.
Aetheric

Post by Aetheric »

The mix-up between Nyxa as male/female was because she was originally a male. However, her odd friend/enemy relationship with Kaltheor did not make sense until I added the "ex-girlfriend" aspect of the situation. I thought I had fixed the pronouns everywhere, but apparently I forgot some.

Tentacles under walls happened because I redid the map to be less annoying, but never moved the tentacles. I'll fix that in the next update.

Mindra and Thrinia both have the habit of parting with dire words. It seems appropriate, given their personality.

The misspelling of "Hoarde" is intentional; I prefer my spelling. Maybe I wasn't consistent? I'll have to fix that.

I think it may be best to have Mindra be stationary in the one map you refer to. It would solve some problems. I did intend for her to be easy to kill for a sufficiently brave and skilled player. It is satisfying to murder your former troops that betrayed you, while their wading helplessly through water. Perhaps I'm just a sociopath?

I, too, usually make a bee-line for the fort. I play on the middle difficulty though. The saurians will often kill Dameos with their powerful cold attack if you're not careful. His marksman fire attack is not useful on defense. You would be amazed how easy it is for saurians to kill fire dragons and pyroeads. Perhaps I can make the fort harder to reach by adding a few ai_special=guardian units in the way?
-Aetheric
Sadaharu

Post by Sadaharu »

Aetheric wrote:It is satisfying to murder your former troops that betrayed you, while their wading helplessly through water. Perhaps I'm just a sociopath?
Not necessarily. Everyone deserves a chance to drop a line such as ‘My name is Anea Essu. You killed my grandmother. Prepare to die.’

What I was pointing out was that I get morality points for killing Mindra but she's actually shown as escaping out the bottom right-hand corner of the screen.
Aetheric

Post by Aetheric »

I guess I should change it to "defeated Mindra" or "beat Mindra into submission," or perhaps, "disciplined Mindra" (as with Foulmouth). There are few times Mindra ever dies.
-Aetheric
Sadaharu

Post by Sadaharu »

‘Defeated’ sounds better than the other two. After all, she retreats vowing vengence, unlike the brat who agrees to follow you.
white_haired_uncle

Post by white_haired_uncle »

Comments from v2.0 (1.12):

forest elves: conversations don't work

mistress: kill me to > kill me too

dark forest: objectives say kill ALL leaders

elder dragon: "it will quite a while"

proposal: coucil > council

duel of the dragons: mushroom patches do not slow the dragon