Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
12%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 241

King_Of_Sloths

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by King_Of_Sloths »

Spoiler:
matsjoyce

Post by matsjoyce »

King_Of_Sloths wrote:I haven't reached Uria yet in chapter nine but so far it's been excellent, but there are a few bugs I've noticed, as well as some things that I thought could be improved.
1. Lilith shows up in the autorecall list even though she gets autorecalled no matter what (doesn't happen to evil Lethalia though)
Fixed.
King_Of_Sloths wrote:2. I have a duke with dark dragon legacy, when I get the upgrade crossbow amla, the dark breath damage also increases.
Fixed.
King_Of_Sloths wrote:3. Not necessarily a bug, but I'm including it anyway. At the start of chapter nine, I took the option to increase both Lethalias and Efraims redeem level, but the redeem level description didn't match up with the actual redeems I needed to get a new advancement (it says 38 are needed when hovering over the redeem weapon special on the right side of the screen but I actually need 66 to get a new advancement)
Save file plz. Code looks correct, so I'll need an example.
King_Of_Sloths wrote:4. When I faced abbadon in the verminous sewers, he had fewer hp compared to when I fought him last (1080 in Urias den, 1000 in the verminous sewers). Since he is supposed to be significantly stronger in the sewers, this doesn't make too much sense.
Save file for this too plz. He should have twice as much HP as usual (Works for meTM)
King_Of_Sloths wrote:5. Give the seal guardians something to differentiate themselves from the demon lords in Pandemonium and Domain of Disaster (Maybe give them an aura or something to make them unique)
C'mon, give their pathetic attempt to hide some credit. I think that the seal guardians are meant to be reasonably normal, and the scenarios where they appear are clearly marked, so I won't mess with this.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Transition between Redeem (1) and Redeem (2)
When you redeem a 6th unit with Redeem (1) you can chose upgrades (ofc). And then, when you've chosen one the numbers '0/9' are displayed above your unit. But you only need to redeem 8 units for the next level of redeem.

EDIT:
Spoiler:
EDIT 2: Dmg weakened by using special attacks
When my damage is weakened to a negative value, it is automatically set to '1' dmg. But if my dmg is weakened to 0 dmg, it stays at 0. Is that intentional?

EDIT 3:
Spoiler:
Attachments
LotI2-Search_for_Elves-Auto-Save6.gz
Redeem someone with Lethalia, pick any upgrade, pay close attention to the green numbers above her afterwards (it's the same with Efraim)
(705.56 KiB) Downloaded 221 times
matsjoyce

Post by matsjoyce »

Konrad2 wrote:Transition between Redeem (1) and Redeem (2)
When you redeem a 6th unit with Redeem (1) you can chose upgrades (ofc). And then, when you've chosen one the numbers '0/9' are displayed above your unit. But you only need to redeem 8 units for the next level of redeem.
Seems similar to the bug reported by King_Of_Sloths. Actually it wasn't. Fixed.
Konrad2 wrote:EDIT:
Spoiler:
Ask Dugi.
Konrad2 wrote:EDIT 2: Dmg weakened by using special attacks
When my damage is weakened to a negative value, it is automatically set to '1' dmg. But if my dmg is weakened to 0 dmg, it stays at 0. Is that intentional?
Its the way wesnoth works. If the base damage is 0, it stays zero, otherwise the minimum is 1. See https://github.com/wesnoth/wesnoth/blob ... pp#L59-L61. I might open a bug report for this.
Konrad2 wrote:EDIT 3:
Spoiler:
Fixed.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Konrad2 wrote:Implementing 'Corpse mode' by 'Matobro' would do wonders to improve the scenery. Especially on maps like 'Across the Barren Land'. Stumbling over old warsites, items are lying around, you can see where enemies died... I think that sounds very awesome.
Ask him to edit it to work in single player too. I was making singleplayer mods for 1.12 already. If he does not agree, you can use Ultra Super GoreFest Chainsawer 3000 to achieve a similar thing. I have seen that one advertised on Aldarisvet's wesnoth facebook fansite and it was used in a singleplayer campaign if I remember correctly.
Konrad2 wrote:Corrupted elves/nagas
I'd like to question the logik of their advancements.
Does not affect only the Elvish Fighter line and the Naga line? It indeed does not make much sense.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Dugi wrote:Ask him to edit it to work in single player too. I was making singleplayer mods for 1.12 already. If he does not agree, you can use Ultra Super GoreFest Chainsawer 3000 to achieve a similar thing. I have seen that one advertised on Aldarisvet's wesnoth facebook fansite and it was used in a singleplayer campaign if I remember correctly.
Sadly he doesn't seem to be registered on wesnoth.
dogi wrote:Does not affect only the Elvish Fighter line and the Naga line? It indeed does not make much sense.
Yup, it's only these two as far as I can tell.
King_Of_Sloths

Post by King_Of_Sloths »

Here they are.
LotI2-Transporting_Facility-Auto-Save8.gz
Here's the redeem one (It's on turn 8 because Lethalia has almost max redeem here. When you choose a new advancement, It will say you need 33 instead of the 66 I mentioned earlier because I redeemed a few times after this. The problem is still the same though.)
(2.43 MiB) Downloaded 251 times
LotI2-Verminous_Sewers-Auto-Save1.gz
Here's the one with Abbadon
(3.11 MiB) Downloaded 277 times

Edit: Also, in Heart Of Steelhive, the master fabricator says alalysing instead of analysing when he starts talking to efraim
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

'Another Orcish Attack'
Why can't I recruit Sword Mages?
matsjoyce

Post by matsjoyce »

King_Of_Sloths wrote:Here they are.
LotI2-Transporting_Facility-Auto-Save8.gz
Turns out this is quite a complex bug, so I'll have to talk with Dugi about how this is meant to work.
King_Of_Sloths wrote:
LotI2-Verminous_Sewers-Auto-Save1.gz
Fixed.
King_Of_Sloths wrote:Edit: Also, in Heart Of Steelhive, the master fabricator says alalysing instead of analysing when he starts talking to efraim
Fixed.
n_mouli

Elvish Assassin crashes the game on up-leveling...

Post by n_mouli »

I have a situation where an elvish assassin upon reaching max-XP, causes the game to crash. I have found that the problem exist irrespective of the episode in which i use that character.
Attached is a save-file where the assassin (Vinneon) has a clear hit at a night-gaunt that would maximize the XP and crash the game.
I have the latest version of the add-on (from github a112c61715366250ca9ca17c69b845a6cb8ba58c) and on Wesnoth 1.13.7

Update: Similar problem is seen on the stable version of wesnoth 1.12.6 as well but there it is only the unit that disappears on leveling up. There is a lua error on display which says 'WML [for] not supported'.
Attachments
LotI1-The_Army_of_Darkness_Turn_3.gz
(452.25 KiB) Downloaded 210 times
matsjoyce

Re: Elvish Assassin crashes the game on up-leveling...

Post by matsjoyce »

n_mouli wrote:I have a situation where an elvish assassin upon reaching max-XP, causes the game to crash. I have found that the problem exist irrespective of the episode in which i use that character.
Attached is a save-file where the assassin (Vinneon) has a clear hit at a night-gaunt that would maximize the XP and crash the game.
I have the latest version of the add-on (from github a112c61715366250ca9ca17c69b845a6cb8ba58c) and on Wesnoth 1.13.7
It's a wesnoth bug. Update your version, I'm on 13.10 and it doesn't crash. There was a LotI thing that could have provoked it which I have fixed, but a full blown crash is always a wesnoth problem.
n_mouli wrote:Update: Similar problem is seen on the stable version of wesnoth 1.12.6 as well but there it is only the unit that disappears on leveling up. There is a lua error on display which says 'WML [for] not supported'.
You can't run 1.13 code on 1.12, so that error is expected.
n_mouli

Re: Elvish Assassin crashes the game on up-leveling...

Post by n_mouli »

This worked. Thanks.
matsjoyce wrote:[
It's a wesnoth bug. Update your version, I'm on 13.10 and it doesn't crash. There was a LotI thing that could have provoked it which I have fixed, but a full blown crash is always a wesnoth problem.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

'Last survivors'
It's somewhat weird that the
Spoiler:
elves in the field are weaker than the elves your ally recruits. I mean...why? ._.

EDIT: Btw, I hate the spell eaters.

EDIT 2: Unit Information from Efraim shows his Soul Eater Score. (I played Efraim in Chapter 6, he transformed into a Demigod and kept his Soulscore.)
Redeem Score is not shown, when it's 0/X.

EDIT 3:
matsjoyce wrote:
Konrad2 wrote:Transition between Redeem (1) and Redeem (2)
Seems similar to the bug reported by King_Of_Sloths. Actually it wasn't. Fixed.
I don't know if you fixed it just for the transition between Redeem (1) and Redeem (2) or if you fixed it for the transition between Redeem (n) and Redeem (n+1).
That's why I'm reporting the same 'bug' for the transition between Redeem (3) and Redeem (4).

EDIT 4: I can create Necrophages in Chapter 7.

EDIT 5: It's possible to try and change the last advancement of a unit that had the ability 'necromancy' and died. And is now a Lich. (Sure, it doesn't work, instead the message "<Invalid WML found> Attempt to store nonexistent unit type 'Advancing Lich'" But still, you can rightclick the unit and chose to alter it's advancement.)
Last edited by Konrad2 on December 4th, 2017, 9:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
King_Of_Sloths

Post by King_Of_Sloths »

In Gathering Alcove, Lethalia says "is perverted is weird" instead of "is perverted and weird"
Edit: Also in gathering alcove, after leaving the sepulcher of the nefarious and interacting with the pillar, moving to a hex near the pillar still triggers the "maybe the pillar is in here" dialougue
Last edited by King_Of_Sloths on December 2nd, 2017, 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

i just took a look at this code, and noticed that it still uses the old ABILITY_LEADERSHIP_LEVEL_2 macors, note that in 1.13 these are just aliases for the general ABILITY_LEADERSHIP macro so ABILITY_LEADERSHIP_LEVEL_2 has exactly the same effect as ABILITY_LEADERSHIP_LEVEL_4. If ou want to keep the odl bahviour you have to define your own macros.
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.