Nightfall [SP Deep Elves Campaign for 1.13]

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Kwandulin
Art Contributor

Nightfall [SP Deep Elves Campaign for 1.13]

Post by Kwandulin »

logo.png
Description
"The burning horde from the Far North has arrived, pillaging lands and destroying Lintanir, the home of the elves. While many of the elvish kind died to defend the woods, the spirits of the forests, the hearts of the woods, left them all alone. But that is not how the line of elves will end. A voice from the forbidden parts of Lintanir forest has promised them far greater powers. A gift that they cannot turn down - even if it means leaving behind the ones they once were. Accompany the three elves Ailiandil, Echelana and Moraen and join their journey to find a way to avert the danger that is putting the continuance of Lintanir at risk."
(Medium difficulty, 15 scenarios)

Intent
Nightfall aims to be an introductory campaign to the Deep Elves.

Features
  • play with three elvish heroes - each with their own AMLA path (uses the same hero system as OoA and CiS)
  • play with the unique Deep Elves faction (with 22 fresh units!) that has never been seen before in a campaign and discover their history and influence on the dealings and doings of the Great Continent
  • discover new realms of the Great Continent
Impressions
Spoiler:
Download
The newest version of the campaign can be downloaded via the add-on server that is accessible from Wesnoth 1.13.x. Make sure to have the latest version of the Deep Elves faction installed.
tr0ll

Re: Nightfall [SP Deep Elves Campaign for 1.13]

Post by tr0ll »

Some error messages i saw in the console when loading the add-on (and its dependency The Deep Elves automatically):
Spoiler:
Strangely some of errors seem to relate to completely different add-ons. It is a fresh install of 1.13.10 with no prior add-ons.
I loaded the campaign and got to the start of 2nd scenario. The following additional errors appeared in the console:
Spoiler:
seems quite playable so far though
AOW

Post by AOW »

I really like your idea about Deep Elves! But when I tried to access the server with the old version, I was in trouble. Can you give me a download link? Thank you :)
egallager

Post by egallager »

Did anyone save any backups of the campaign? Apparently it's been deleted everywhere...
Sadaharu

Post by Sadaharu »

egallager wrote: February 16th, 2023, 2:06 pm Did anyone save any backups of the campaign? Apparently it's been deleted everywhere...
Sorry to come a little late!

By the same author I have Oath of Allegiance for BfW 1.14 and the Deep Elves (Tiefenelfen) are available for BfW 1.16 (as a third-party port, by Atreides) but the campaign's… gone? It might be available for earlier games e.g. 1.12, it might be worth checking that.