Ageless Era - Current Version: 4.33

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Ravana
Forum Moderator

Re: Ageless Era - Current Version: 4.18

Post by Ravana »

You can get several years of versions from https://github.com/ProditorMagnus/Agele ... 1/releases.
Shiki
Developer

Post by Shiki »

Hi IPS, hello Ravana,

I combined the v4.15 values with the balance unrelated changes. An exact list of all the differences can be seen here.
I'm having no objections to any changes, in fact I'm about to stop to work on EoM, because I'm not having the time anymore.
However, I want to link to this discussion, it potentially points out some problems with the devlings, personally I worried about the point that it's harder for your enemy to get xp.
I plan to make a (last) EoM release soon, should I include there both flavors of devlings?
Try out the dark board theme.
IPS

Post by IPS »

@3p_-_Orocia_Random_Mod_replay.gz
(195.3 KiB) Downloaded 492 times
Won an orocian game playing at 3 low tier rated factions:
- Devlings (IPS)
- Equestrians (IPS)
- TheWarg (IPS)

Needed a total of 2 reloads to find it in later turns (turns +30, I can't remember)

Expectations of Tiers judging the results on this game:
--- Devlings Tier: A-
They literally carried the other 2 sides, but they had inconsistencies at surviving in later waves which usually is not a problem when I'm playing with other persons using stronger factions. Sad that no Abuser could live till the end... They can work even with a pair of lower tier factions.
--- Equestrians Tiers: B- / B+
Had severe issues with the expensive their units are. They were extremely weak early game mostly because I couldn't find that many upgrades. Once they reach late game, they did clearly fine.
--- The Warg Tier: B-
This one faction is not good for orocia map mostly because most of their units favors in forest and open fields. Had a complaint about sprites being a bit too slow considering their low health (maybe +1 movement at all levels and/or few more hp mostly at lv2-lv3). Had complaint about the health of the Lv2 Changelings which is lower than most Lv2 mele fighters. Couldn't afford for a cub wolf (sadly) in this game which was needed to take down enemies at higher terrain defenses.

Found to win in hardcore difficulty with all 3 not so loved factions but with 2 reloads, so it was more or less reliant on luck, except devling faction that at least in my hands are a stable pick and early game carriers. Note that the 3 sides were controled by the same person with perfect coordination and teamwork, so I'm probably lowering all grades by 1/3 of tier in following post (by editing my coment)

1/3 of grade decrease is for example A+ -> A

Edit: you can move the post if it's at the wrong place, dunno if it should been in AE topic or in Orocia topic or in the ageless faction tiers for survivals.

Edit2: I will add another replay which I've played as Luz, at not loosing units in normal diff of orocia, can consider increasing Luz factional tier to A- considering that it works really smooth.
Attachments
@3p_-_Orocia_LUZ_0_losses_[Normal].gz
(201.41 KiB) Downloaded 485 times
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide
IPS

Post by IPS »

I feel I'm late with this 2nd part of ageless changelist. If you question me that .txt had like 55-75% of it's actual length like 6-9 weeks ago ago and due a personal crisis during the month of October that work progressed a lot slower than normally.

Modifications
Several irregularities reporting.
(+/-) AE - Steelhive (Lightshifter as viable fighting unit and new Lv1, Nymph and Siren adjustments)
(-) ARCHAIC - Primeval faction nerf... only Buffed Velite. Lower arcane weakness on higher levels.
(+) EE - Dark Elves (No longer negative resistanecs to arcane, magi moderate extra arcane resistance)
( !! ) FEUDAL ERA - ORCISH KANAGHATES MASSIVE REWORK OF SHIELDERS, considerable buffs for most units.
(+) EOC - Elementalists (More consistent elementals, lower mele damage for human mages)
(+) EOC - Wild Humans (Moderate buffs)
( ! ) AE - Yokai (New Lv2s !! and some lesser adjustments)
(-) EoMa - Dark Blood Aliance (nerfs to toads, wyberns, chose of swamp, crossbowmen moderate buffs).
( ! ) MERCS - Enchanters (NEW swords! x3 New Lv3 Swords)
(+) MERCS - The cult (Significant buffs)
(-) MERCS - Infernai (Mostly repricing, ifreet nerfs and other considerations)
(+) ARCHAIC - Kthlons (Lv2 for the recently buffed toads XP ineficent to rush also)
(+) RE - Forest Dwarves (Sustantive buffs to Gnomes that are really underpowered and struggle with slow trait...)

MERCS - Hive list of changes delayed (removed from part B) due upcoming surprises!!
Attachments
ageless 4.19 part B.txt
2nd part
(38.79 KiB) Downloaded 455 times
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
IPS

Post by IPS »

Just wondered about checking Anakes, okey, super fun experience, easy buffs and easy job.

Views calydonians and expecting only Daioinian swordsman buff, notices [censored] movement costs at rough terrains like cave, sand, swamp, swallow water, coastal rift and others, immediately noticed that this issue was present in all Calydonian faction ... more than 1h of madness with just fixing [censored] unit design... BEEN teached me how to NOT DO unit design :evil:

And my experience with Calydonians revision was that maddening that I refuse to include this from part 3 of ageless... at least all this was done in less than 4h... I don't care if I forgot something in terrain property, it can be fixed in 4.20 later and will be among the very first things I will do after 4.19 is free to download.

edit: Apply movement costs for daionian swordsman lv1-lv3 and make Lv3 40% flat defense (instead of 30%) unlike lv1 and lv2 which are 40% flat defense. Castle defense is okey and rest looks okey. And yup, this will be ugly to fix... :(

Personal data: most annoying stat to fix are movement costs/defense mostly when they're in mass...
Attachments
BEEM hotfix.txt
Anakes and Calydonians buffs
(8.45 KiB) Downloaded 447 times
wuxiangjinxing

Post by wuxiangjinxing »

I'm just curious why there's no image for the unbounded mummy?
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

Mummy line was limited to level 0 and level 1 units in archaic era. There is just no separate image for that unit now.

I see image attribute is just missing, created https://github.com/ProditorMagnus/Agele ... /issues/10.
IPS

Post by IPS »

Modifications
New cth modificators (+inaccurate, +untrained and +basic-aim)
Sugestion to create a sub era named "Balanced Ageless" for more default-like standard games.
(+/-) AE - Yokai (Considerable nerf to Swarms, Poltergeist stronger but more expensive, Feyborn new situational pierce)
( ! ) Archaic - Menagerie (Buff to the new lunar scout unit (+1g cost), Stronger blue novices, many other changes!)
(+) Archai - Despair (Units faster in forest, 60% defense at mountains, stronger spearmen, other misc buffs or adjustments)
(-) EoC - Sylvans (Acolyte and advancements lower damage, Fire sprite more expensive, Dusk faerie moderate nerf, other stuff)
(+) EFM - Dalefolk (general buffs, new attacks for lv2 miners and now with lv3)
(+) EFM - Darklanders (disperse buffs)
(+) EFM - Freemen (general buffs)
(+) EFM - Highlanders (factional buff)
(+) EFM - Imperialists (disperse buffs, standard aura will not work anylonger over units of higher level than them!)
(+) EFM - Sea States (listed as 2nd time freemen... general buffs)
(+) EFM - Whites (higher frozen defense, now 1 MP cost at hills, vigilante 70% vills defense now)
(+) Feudal - High Elves (lower arcane weakness, disperse buffs and adjustments)
( ! ) Mercs - Emperos Guards (adjustments for demonic samurai, new sugested unit for shuriken thrower)
(+) Mercs - Highlanders (few nerfs in few units, now 1 MP cost at hills, lower frozen def, half units has descriptions now !!)
(+) Mercs - Slavers (Tracker -1 net damage but +Basic-Aim (40% marskman) on both ranged, disperse buffs)
(+/-) Mercs - Trivalists (disperse adjustments, man eater blatant nerf, dartsman more accurate in lv1... other stuff)

There is a feel of anxiety ... when you have a considerably long list of changes that you haven't yet posted... part D will come later.
Some changes over-writes changes from part A or Part B in some few cases.

I'm lost, can somebody post the list of changes that weren't already implemented? In game it's so ugly seing links because you can't even click or copypaste the URL...
Attachments
ageless 4.19 part C.txt
Ageless sugestion pack Part C
(53.7 KiB) Downloaded 470 times
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

Most of these balance changes are unlikely to be in next version - only if someone implements those in time.

This weekend being planned beginning of 1.14 addon server marks suitable time to get out next version (for 1.12, 1.13, and 1.14). Mostly containing bugfixes.
Sinistra

Post by Sinistra »

Hi, a little bit of feedback on AE Dark Elves and Deep Elves. Playing on 1.12
For AE Dark Elves the fighter and xbow lines are both weaker then on AE version. The fighter has no ranged attack and a generic melee only (has a sling for minimal retaliation dmg on AE) it feels weaker then the default elvish fighter. The xbow gets +10% defence on villages compared to AE (which is weird that was the fighter's job while xbow was the offensive playmaker) but negative resists and on t2 tier it doesnt get much love (compared to AE xbow that really makes it worth levelling them). On AE both these units have their uses as for default elvish archer and fighter, on ageless it doesnt feel that way, and buying fighters feels bad as he is very weak compared to what some other factions can pull as t1 melee. Overall I find this faction visually and thematically one of the most coherent and enjoyable but on power level they feel behind.

For Deep Elves. First of all all the units have blade vulnerability and no unit has any combat tankiness apart from the lidh, she gets stroke 1 less time in defens (but is super squishy otherwise). The priestess line felt weak to me compared to lidh. T1 priestess is like this weird suuuuper squishy archer that has non archer dmg types, I say archer since she doesnt have magical (no t1 of that faction has magical). Granted impact ranged can be situationally useful but she has 5mp combined with very low hp and low resists. I dont feel she can get stuff done for her 17g price tag, she is very easy to assasinate with any melee unit and especially chargers. The lidh is the only other ranged able option and I end up spamming them a lot because they hold villages decently even tho their hp is so low. Their arcane only dmg is a curse most the time, any human faction tends to have like 20% arcane res. Not sure what to do of the lizard rider unit, they can do a bit free poke dmg at melee with their weird trample ability but they are overpriced compared to bloodmaiden, having less mp and dmg
Lastly bloodmaiden vs nightmaiden, they seem way too similar, both are 7mp blade only semi squishy melee units with the same resists/vulnerability. Nightmaiden costs +1 gold which is significant since one has to chose either as the main faction unit. Nightmaiden has lower total dmg but is chaotic, the other is neutral. Their abilities are a bit meh, Bloodmaiden can get +2 dmg against the last unit type she killed (assuming she managed to do kill people xD). Night maiden has a bit of extra mobility at night to flee with spurt but since this faction is so horrible at walling its hard to use spurt much. So I end up going lv2 nightmaiden leader (has squirmisher a and good assasination) and spaming bloodmaiden (less cost, more dmg, more reliable with neutral compared to nightmaiden) and lidh to keep up, it does end up feeling the faction lacks viable varieties. There is no water/flyer units in the faction either which is a big minus.
What I would suggest is giving the priestess some healing and or other utility (maybe a drain ranged attack, or a slowing one). She would greatly benefit from having a magical attack as well. Or maybe she can drain in melee instead like some vampires do. Anything so she feels she has a viable place. Nightmaiden could use a poison knife throwing 2/2 so her mini hit and run night tactics feel less useless (and so she has a use outside of night). Alternatively getting squirmisher baseline and having he cost increased to make her different from bloodmaiden. Evem both options together are fine so she would become this high cost but squishy elite manhunter. Bloodmaiden is fine its a squishy but fast grunt type unit which is interesting on it own right as most factions get slower but tanky grunts, he pricing is fair I think and she gets the job done as grunt.
Minotaur not sure why he starts lv 2 and cant level up, he feels mostly gimmicky (loosing one is giving 16 xp to the enemy, plus he has 2 maintenance for very low dmg), he can body block a frontline village at day while being in stone form which is cool and basically his only usage, but his combat performance is very bad. For some reason he also gets blade vulnerability while he should be damn tanky as a high cost (22g) low dmg minotaur. 8 2 impact is on default troll welp level.. for a level 2 melee unit ?! and the charge is only 14 1 with only 5 mp so he cant pull of horseman job either, compared to a default knight he is horrible. He needs some help for sure he is one of the most useless units for its cost in the whole mod, being on a slightly higher power level then a troll whelp (and worse power level then welp if they use blade attacks to kill him) but costing 22g and 2 maintenance.
For lizard and minotaur generally, lizard could get the charge instead of his spear attack and he could have trample on the side, so he gets to choose between high risk high reward charge and no risk lower dmg trample. He does has 2 less mp then a horseman, and some factions like avians get [censored] chargers that can charge accross the map. I guess lizard cam be this low movement but sturfy charger ? Sturdy not from being tanky but from having a no retal attack along with a charge attack. Alternatively if lizard gets charge, trample can have dmg increased and loose its unique effect. Minotaur really really really needs something to make him useful outside of gimmicky village holding at day. Something like a 2 handed crude mace actually, thematically it would fit, and that would justify him having serious melee dmg like a troll (lv 2 default troll completly outshines minotaur). If minotaur is the one keeping charge he needs a dmg and tankiness buff.
Being mixed chaotic neutral lawful is also a problem for this faction, I think since they are designed around offensive playmaking and are purposely horrible at defending, plus having a lore of living underground and in secrecy and prefering the night, I think they should be mostly chaotic and having 1 or 2 neutrals, so they can hold villages a little bit at least during day. They need more breaking power, most factions have both good defence units and breaking power, this faction is designed around bad defence and high offense yet they have meh breaking power, in particular having no magical or precision buff hurts a lot. Deep elves cannot remove a high blade resist and high defence unit ever. Actually even the default dwarf fighter counter this faction heavily which is quite alarming. He can absolutely destroy them all in melee since everybody has 10% melee vulnerability and low hp pool. Meanwhile he can enjoy resists and very high defence. Maybe nightmaiden needs like magical, and a bit extra cost so she has a distinct usage over bloodmaiden. The lidh is lawful which makes her best at holding villages at day but she cant attack properly along with night maiden at night. Plus arent the deep elves supposed to be perverted and cruel ? Lawful feels super weird. I would see her neutral or chaotic.
IPS

Post by IPS »

Sinistra wrote: March 8th, 2018, 6:18 pm Hi, a little bit of feedback on AE Dark Elves and Deep Elves. Playing on 1.12
(then lots of coments about deep elves)
Sinistra, deeps elves (independent faction) is taken from viewtopic.php?f=19&t=44935 which is the topic of the real creator of the faction. Apart, that the version that is on ageless is pretty much an outdated of his deep elves.

But I can tell you that vault line is obviously overpriced to me, but as a glass cannon impact ranged attacked (with pretty strong arcane mele attack) does fine, just that she needs to be a little more tankier and to cost maybe 1g less.

Riders are meant to be the most "default like" unit in the whole faction, being the unit with most equilibrated stats between health, damage, movement and price. I see no real problem with their current stats, they're a bit low on damage but they compensate with extra movement because they're fairly tanky at lv1.

With Minotaurs I'm completely agree! They seem kind of worthless mostly because of their stone sleep which is really bad if it's not over one village (of yours or in a better case of an enemy) and also the really low damage, being even outmatched by EoMa's golems from Sky Kingdom... because those at least have real 11-2 dmg and 7-3 with charge.

Most of the exagerated weaknesses are fixed in newer versions of deep elves, but as said, ageless used like one of the very first versions of the deep elves and the way to test them is at 1.13.x servers because right now they're not testable in 1.12 servers. There were a lot of balance improvements in deep elves since the last time I've reviewed them.
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

Compiled new version, planning to upload it tomorrow.
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Re: Ageless Era - Current Version: 4.19

Post by Ravana »

Ageless Era 4.19 is out on the 1.12 add-on server
Ageless Era 4.19 is out on the 1.13 add-on server
Ageless Era 4.19 is out on the 1.14 add-on server

Code: Select all

Version 4.19:
* Graphics
    * Fix images of Sea States, Thin Blood and Mummy
* Balance
    * Chevalier, Deep Elves, Whites, Sea States, Imperialists, EFM Highlanders, Freemen, Darklanders, Dalefolk
* Bug Fixes
    * Rashy Era fixed for RPG and Heroes
    * Charm no longer crashes game
    * Ukian Green and Black Witch movement
    * Dragons Breath OOS
* Other
    * This should be the last version for 1.12 server
ghype

Re: Ageless Era - Current Version: 4.19

Post by ghype »

test played on 1.14, u might have seen it.

here is a screenrecord of how bugged the unit advancedment of the orcish elder were. havent seen this in wesnoth ever.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xbgrt57wwog0b ... r.mov?dl=0

EDIT: after that player got heavy oos
Attachments
Screenshot 2018-05-02 22.55.10.png
Screenshot 2018-05-02 22.55.01.png