Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
11%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 244

Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Konrad2 »

Dugi wrote:@Konrad2
Some leaders were made unable to move to prevent them from dumbly charging into enemies.
But this unit is not a leader...

EDIT: (I don't know if this has already been reported)
When a unit takes a healing potion and levels up, that unit will have 10 more hp than max hp.
If this matters: This unit took a potion of speed first and later on the healing potion.

EDIT 2: It's the 'same' with the Foul Potion.
Attachments
LotI1-Ruins_of_Lost_Empires-Auto-Save33.gz
Efraim 36,17 kills Troll Warrior 34,15
(656.3 KiB) Downloaded 244 times
LotI1-Ruins_of_Lost_Empires_Turn_27.gz
Leveled up Master at Arms on 43,37
(649.22 KiB) Downloaded 235 times
LotI1-Ruins_of_Lost_Empires-Auto-Save27.gz
Duellist on 43,37 -> Level him up
(656.25 KiB) Downloaded 257 times
singalen
iOS Port Maintainer

Post by singalen »

Hello,
I got a report that there's a Lua error in LotI in 1.13.10.

May I ask you to check it out?
Thanks!
Last edited by Ravana on October 27th, 2017, 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed link
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

So...I found some boots called 'Taxes'. And as it turns out, when I equip these boots and then attack units, I lose gold for hitting them...? Is that how it is intended to work? ._.
Attachments
LotI1-Ruins_of_Lost_Empires_Turn_43.2.gz
After losing gold.
(667.32 KiB) Downloaded 248 times
LotI1-Ruins_of_Lost_Empires-Auto-Save43.gz
Before losing gold: Taxes is on 50,23. Pick them up with the Sharpshooter on 51,24 and equip them. Attack the Troll Leader. Lose gold.
(667.43 KiB) Downloaded 272 times
matsjoyce

Post by matsjoyce »

@Konrad2 Yes. The boots (https://wiki.wesnoth.org/LotI_Items#Tax ... 0.93_boots) have the ability "tax collector" (https://wiki.wesnoth.org/LotI_Abilities ... 0.93_dummy) which has the description:
When this unit hits an enemy, it has a chance to tax its side and part it from some gold.
I was confused at first too, so maybe we need a new name?
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

@matsjoyce
I'm just not sure about the wording...I thought it's side was referring to the side of the enemy I attacked.
matsjoyce

Post by matsjoyce »

@Konrad2 New description too? ^_^ We previously discussed taxes (viewtopic.php?f=8&t=32384&p=593240#p593240) and that was the interpretation used and no-one complained. It makes sense, +3 MP should come with a cost.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Thanks. :)

When you kill a unit on an enemy village , that has been poisoned by greater infect, it will be replaced with a Soulless. Shouldn't this be prevented by standing on a village? (So you don't take that village)
Attachments
LotI1-Escape_from_Oblivion_Turn_17.gz
Killed the unit on 28,7
(623.67 KiB) Downloaded 220 times
LotI1-Escape_from_Oblivion-Auto-Save17.gz
Kill the unit on 28,7
(622.72 KiB) Downloaded 277 times
ItsDaKoolaidDude

Post by ItsDaKoolaidDude »

I killed Beelzebub, and now some of the items he dropped went outside the map where I can't get them, do they automatically pick up for me or are they just gone forever?
You spent the entire game, going in circles! It's like the equivalent of Homer Simpson doing cartwheels on the kitchen floor, and you still won?! -Johnny (BSC)
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

When a unit is being infected and then kill and then 'revives' because of the trait 'necromacy', the 'infection' is not removed. So...when you kill it's undead self, you get a walking corpse. ._.
Attachments
LotI1-Toxic_Sun_Turn_25.gz
Walking corpse. 31,26
(885.36 KiB) Downloaded 219 times
LotI1-Toxic_Sun-Auto-Save25.gz
Still undead and infected. 31,26
(888.39 KiB) Downloaded 290 times
LotI1-Toxic_Sun_Turn_23.gz
Undead and infected. 31,26
(887.36 KiB) Downloaded 225 times
LotI1-Toxic_Sun-Auto-Save23.gz
Infected. 31,26
(887 KiB) Downloaded 260 times
imaginarypotato

Post by imaginarypotato »

Spoiler:
NEW username -> Imaginary
Delicius169

Post by Delicius169 »

I like Silver mages (duelist wizzards), and mostly because of their resistances and absorb ability. They are really cool with Iceberg legacy (meele oriented ,with book of magical swordplay!), or with dragon legacies-any of them! legacy of free is really fun on them, because with that you can run away from any vilage you were standing at. Legacy of titans/undead- just help them with resistances, sorrow is ok, and legacy of kings is terrible for them. Legacy of light makes them almost invincible against demons.

The thunderguard has been weakened- it is now harder to give him more strikes, than before. One possibilitty is via Kings set, the second one with ability/weapon anger.
You can craft one weapon (-40% of damage, lighting damage, gains explosive, thundering revenge- i guess)-and becuase noone has resistances against lighting, it is one of best weapons agains many enemies.

BTW: I never learnd how to use elvish juggernaunt propely, always found him a bit week.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

ItsDaKoolaidDude wrote:I killed Beelzebub, and now some of the items he dropped went outside the map where I can't get them, do they automatically pick up for me or are they just gone forever
No. The only case when unreachable items are collected is scenario Jungle Hell, because there you can't prevent these items from dropping there. Otherwise, it would be a convenient way of saving time.
singalen wrote:Hello,
I got a report that there's a Lua error in LotI in 1.13.10.
Insufficient information. It does not throw a lua error on startup for me when running the latest version. If he posted the contents of the error, I'd be able to learn something from it, but there's no way of telling what happened with this little information.
Konrad2 wrote:When you kill a unit on an enemy village , that has been poisoned by greater infect, it will be replaced with a Soulless. Shouldn't this be prevented by standing on a village? (So you don't take that village)
I'll have a look at it.
I never learnd how to use elvish juggernaunt propely, always found him a bit week.
Want me to make him stronger?
jwwells

Post by jwwells »

Solaara wrote:Hi. a question, in Chapter Four, Lost in Space, I noticed the "supreme being" had an attack called fury, with berserk. I'm pretty high level with him and I've not seen that attack when I level him up,so I tried using debug and leveled him up all the way, I don't see the option to learn fury even up to the point where he learns all his skills. Is this on purpose or a bug?
Even if this is maybe the wrong thread to report a possible bug: In Chapter 4, Lost in Space, I can't find this "Supreme being" anywhere. Is this a bug or a problem with my aged eyes?
imaginarypotato

Post by imaginarypotato »

Delicius169 wrote:I like Silver mages (duelist wizzards), and mostly because of their resistances and absorb ability. They are really cool with Iceberg legacy (meele oriented ,with book of magical swordplay!), or with dragon legacies-any of them! legacy of free is really fun on them, because with that you can run away from any vilage you were standing at. Legacy of titans/undead- just help them with resistances, sorrow is ok, and legacy of kings is terrible for them. Legacy of light makes them almost invincible against demons.

The thunderguard has been weakened- it is now harder to give him more strikes, than before. One possibilitty is via Kings set, the second one with ability/weapon anger.
You can craft one weapon (-40% of damage, lighting damage, gains explosive, thundering revenge- i guess)-and becuase noone has resistances against lighting, it is one of best weapons agains many enemies.

BTW: I never learnd how to use elvish juggernaunt propely, always found him a bit week.
my sliver mage has legacy of sorrow, my issue is that I do not have many items I yet to get a staff nor any high tier armor so I am not sure if I can apply a melee style build. After I get past the black souls i'll see if there is a level I can try to farm to get those items

For juggernaut you need mostly gloomy items, cloak, ring, amulet you also want the dark helm of destruction; gloves and boots are not as important so anything that can help you hit faster/harder, drain or provide abilities such has immune to poison will help you. The weapons are really important a stromforce bow is pretty much necessary for defense. The sword is also important it needs slow, high damage up and strikes up. I like to use doombringer +70% damage and 20% swings are very good, it also provides slow and suck (1) witch are great for resisting attacks; it even gives you disintegrate witch can provide instant kills per each attack. Dark dragon is the best legacy but legacy like exile, titans and ice dragon could work as well.

The ideal stats would be 56-9 melee blade (slow) 36-9 ranged pierce (slow, marksmen) and 26-6 ranged arcane (drain, slow, forced)
NEW username -> Imaginary
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Konrad2 wrote:
Dugi wrote:@Konrad2
Some leaders were made unable to move to prevent them from dumbly charging into enemies.
But this unit is not a leader...

EDIT: (I don't know if this has already been reported)
When a unit takes a healing potion and levels up, that unit will have 10 more hp than max hp.
If this matters: This unit took a potion of speed first and later on the healing potion.

EDIT 2: It's the 'same' with the Foul Potion.
Konrad2 wrote:When a unit is being infected and then kill and then 'revives' because of the trait 'necromacy', the 'infection' is not removed. So...when you kill it's undead self, you get a walking corpse. ._.
@dugi
And this?