Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

Post Reply

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
10
17%
Reaper
4
7%
Scythemaster
4
7%
Shadowalker
3
5%
Shadow Prince
7
12%
Siege Troll
3
5%
Sky Goblin
1
2%
Snow Hunter
7
12%
Soul Shooter
2
3%
Swordmaster
11
19%
Troll Boulderlobber
0
No votes
Warlock
5
8%
Werewolf Rider
2
3%
Zombie Rider
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 59

User avatar
Dugi
Posts: 4960
Joined: July 22nd, 2010, 10:29 am
Location: Carpathian Mountains
Contact:

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Dugi »

angrynarwhal wrote:"When this unit hits an enemy, it has a chance to tax its side and part it from some gold." - 'its' is ambiguous & could refer to the unit's side or the enemy.
When somebody is taxed, he loses the money, no?
angrynarwhal wrote:Do later scenarios in part 1 get harder? Finding the game really easy at this point (on darkest darkness atm, good amount of OP units right now)
Change the difficulty to something higher.
Whiskeyjack wrote:I think if you also make blood rain specific to some maps, it would work.
Nobody disagrees?
I would add some demon traits causing to explode on death to prevent mass retaliation strategies.
ZIM wrote:I think that changing the demon types that turn into black souls to the easier ones would be okay. But, maybe you could just make the black soul demon slightly weaker or modified them to only having two traits. It's just that some of the trait combination made the black soul demons very strong.
Made easier types. The change into a black soul is unified across the campaign, it would be annoying to change it.
ZIM wrote:I think it's okay to reduce the spawn rate of the flies. Maybe for 3-5 turns? Just don't make them spawn forever.
I want them to spawn forever, but I am open to suggestions about reducing their quantity (or the sharpness of its increase) or quality.

@Konrad2
It's deliberate that non-physical damage does not allow the life gain on hit. Those standing elves in chapter 2 are there waiting for the undead to deal with you, they will fight only if you approach, that's deliberate. The multi-beelzebub-summon issue was fixed some time ago, it's probably not on the server yet. The elvish lord in Sightseeing who recruits nothing is deliberate, there was no place for him to recruit on.

I have fixed the bug in Army of Darkness.

It is not intended that you might defeat all enemies in Infinite Legion. I can make them even harder for folks like you to understand that the legion is infinite and must be avoided rather than defeated? The next scenario assumes that an army is chasing you.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator
Posts: 2582
Joined: November 24th, 2010, 6:30 pm

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Konrad2 »

Dugi wrote:The elvish lord in Sightseeing who recruits nothing is deliberate, there was no place for him to recruit on.
What do you mean with that? He is on a keep with 4 castle-hexes attached to it. He doesn't even say something when attacking...
Dugi wrote:It is not intended that you might defeat all enemies in Infinite Legion. I can make them even harder for folks like you to understand that the legion is infinite and must be avoided rather than defeated? The next scenario assumes that an army is chasing you.
Aw comon. D: It's not like this is my first time beating the scenario like that. It's probably the 3rd or 4th time. I mentioned it every time when I did that and I liked the way you made it impossible to beat it with only Efraim and Lethalia. I made proper use of my army to win. D:

EDIT: The (allied) Elvish High Lord on 17,34 recruits one soldier to much on 14,33 which isn't a castle hex.

EDIT 2: I suppose you want a replay for 'Infinite Legion' if you really want to make it harder.
I'd suggest as alternative, that this is just the first wave of the true Legion? That way it's viable to destroy them all and still be followed by more.
Attachments
LotI1-Infinite_Legion_replay.gz
EDIT 2: There you go.
(638.28 KiB) Downloaded 98 times
Delicius169
Posts: 179
Joined: February 16th, 2015, 5:02 pm

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Delicius169 »

I always really hated units whitch are able to explode when they die... How about giving Cleave attacks to enemy, or hose, or explode? that would make it much more harder....
angrynarwhal
Posts: 7
Joined: April 14th, 2017, 2:03 pm

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by angrynarwhal »

Dugi wrote:
angrynarwhal wrote:Do later scenarios in part 1 get harder? Finding the game really easy at this point (on darkest darkness atm, good amount of OP units right now)
Change the difficulty to something higher.
Difficulty is on hard, doesn't go any higher. Thanks Beelzebub. Could deal with much stronger enemies - elvish gryphon riders equipped with The Unrepenting bows & slow attack are OP. Army is plenty big at the moment so I'm sitting on 3k gold (manually removed the extra 9k gold received from Journey South). Love the recruitment mechanic of being able to purchase loyal soldiers!

Question is, does the campaign get harder later in later chapters of Part I: Embracing the Darkness? Considering jumping to Part II.
Dugi wrote: It is not intended that you might defeat all enemies in Infinite Legion. I can make them even harder for folks like you to understand that the legion is infinite and must be avoided rather than defeated? The next scenario assumes that an army is chasing you.
Yep infinite legion was fun, also defeated most of the enemy before moving on. Gave Lethalia extra MP to fly over to other castle & recall army on turn 2.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator
Posts: 2582
Joined: November 24th, 2010, 6:30 pm

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Konrad2 »

angrynarwhal wrote:Question is, does the campaign get harder later in later chapters of Part I: Embracing the Darkness? Considering jumping to Part II.
They do. Though not in this episode of part 1.
Delicius169
Posts: 179
Joined: February 16th, 2015, 5:02 pm

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Delicius169 »

Really? I always had a feeling, that first part is just getting easier and easier all the time. Thought I havent played for at least year.
Second one is better balanced.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator
Posts: 2582
Joined: November 24th, 2010, 6:30 pm

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Konrad2 »

Why does the 'dark breath' of the 'dark dragon legacy' look different from the 'dark breath' of the skeleton dragon and dark dragon?
User avatar
Elder2
Posts: 393
Joined: July 11th, 2015, 2:13 pm

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Elder2 »

The fact that in the 6th chapter i didn't know that I will lose all the undead at the end of the chapter (never played lethalia there before) is annoying, now if i wanted to continue I would have tyo play that part all over again and recruit no undeads. Btw I think you shouldn't lose undead

@angrynarwhal
Well, yes it does, but part I is not THAT hard overall even on hard, but infinite legion is one of the hardest if not the hardest scenario if your aim is to kill all the units. Also the difficulty can depend on your luck, if you roll for particularly good items or gems it will be easier. Looking back at it on hard I just managed to kill about half of the ai units but took some losses in units
User avatar
nuorc
Forum Regular
Posts: 569
Joined: September 3rd, 2009, 2:25 pm
Location: Barag Gor

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by nuorc »

ElderofZion wrote:The fact that in the 6th chapter i didn't know that I will lose all the undead at the end of the chapter (never played lethalia there before) is annoying, now if i wanted to continue I would have tyo play that part all over again and recruit no undeads. Btw I think you shouldn't lose undead
I remember not liking to lose my undeads in previous runs. But as I don't care too much about undead I mostly avoid them anyway. ;)

Dugi wrote:
Whiskeyjack wrote:I think if you also make blood rain specific to some maps, it would work.
Nobody disagrees?
I would add some demon traits causing to explode on death to prevent mass retaliation strategies.
I'm still skeptical regarding throwing additional (annoying) stuff at the player in this chapter. But maybe if all those ideas would lead to some more varied (themed?) maps it might help the repetitiveness of this chapter.

I just wouldn't want all those unpleasent annoyances to stack on each other in all the parts. :augh:
I have a cunning plan.
User avatar
Dugi
Posts: 4960
Joined: July 22nd, 2010, 10:29 am
Location: Carpathian Mountains
Contact:

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Dugi »

Konrad2 wrote:What do you mean with that? He is on a keep with 4 castle-hexes attached to it. He doesn't even say something when attacking...
Sorry, I mistook him for some other guy. Fixed this. He was completely missing his spawn event.
Konrad2 wrote:EDIT: The (allied) Elvish High Lord on 17,34 recruits one soldier to much on 14,33 which isn't a castle hex.
The code does not make him recruit on that hex. You probably stepped right on his castle and he had to recruit elsewhere instead.
Konrad2 wrote:I'd suggest as alternative, that this is just the first wave of the true Legion? That way it's viable to destroy them all and still be followed by more.
Yes, it could be told that it was merely a flank or something. Everyone agrees?
Delicius169 wrote:I always really hated units whitch are able to explode when they die... How about giving Cleave attacks to enemy, or hose, or explode? that would make it much more harder....
I am not particularly fond of that option neither, but that is the only thing that has the power to stop players from making a unit with tons of heal during combat and killing everything purely with retaliatory attacks. It does not have to be damage though, it may be lethargy or some other thing that limits attacking power.
angrynarwhal wrote:Difficulty is on hard, doesn't go any higher.
This could be related to the bug in wesnoth 1.12 that causes you to have insane amounts of gold in chapter 3.
Konrad2 wrote:Why does the 'dark breath' of the 'dark dragon legacy' look different from the 'dark breath' of the skeleton dragon and dark dragon?
Because of the oversized dragon sprite. If the dragon is to hit the target, he has to aim down.
ElderOfZion wrote:The fact that in the 6th chapter i didn't know that I will lose all the undead at the end of the chapter (never played lethalia there before) is annoying, now if i wanted to continue I would have tyo play that part all over again and recruit no undeads
You'll have them back.
nuorc wrote:But maybe if all those ideas would lead to some more varied (themed?) maps it might help the repetitiveness of this chapter.
Each of these complications is applied only to several scenarios, always combined with reduction of enemy quantity there.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator
Posts: 2582
Joined: November 24th, 2010, 6:30 pm

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Konrad2 »

Dugi wrote:The code does not make him recruit on that hex. You probably stepped right on his castle and he had to recruit elsewhere instead.
Nope. He recruits 6 units and only has 5 castle hexes. I suppose that's the problem.
dugi wrote:Yes, it could be told that it was merely a flank or something. Everyone agrees?
I'm voting in favour of this. xD
User avatar
Dugi
Posts: 4960
Joined: July 22nd, 2010, 10:29 am
Location: Carpathian Mountains
Contact:

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Dugi »

Konrad2 wrote:Nope. He recruits 6 units and only has 5 castle hexes. I suppose that's the problem.
He recruits five units. They are set manually, so it can be verified by counting them. And although I am [acronym=once I finished a math exam, returned 9 pages of calculations and reported that it was written on 8 pages; I got an A anyway]not very good at counting[/acronym], I am quite sure that five units are listed there.
Konrad2 wrote:I'm voting in favour of this. xD
Done it.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator
Posts: 2582
Joined: November 24th, 2010, 6:30 pm

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Konrad2 »

Dugi wrote:He recruits five units. They are set manually, so it can be verified by counting them. And although I am [acronym=once I finished a math exam, returned 9 pages of calculations and reported that it was written on 8 pages; I got an A anyway]not very good at counting[/acronym], I am quite sure that five units are listed there.
Well. You are wrong. Seriously. ._.
...okay. You are right. I found the bug. xD
Because the Elvish High Lord on 52,51 recruits five units instead of four. And somehow he recruits an Elvish Avenger on 17,36. Afterwards the Elvish Lord on 17,34 revruits five units and because 17,36 already has a unit on it, ono of his units get's placed on 16,35.
Attachments
LotI1-Sightseeing-Auto-Save1.gz
Just end the turn and watch him. You will see. I'm sure. xD
(940.08 KiB) Downloaded 74 times
User avatar
nuorc
Forum Regular
Posts: 569
Joined: September 3rd, 2009, 2:25 pm
Location: Barag Gor

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by nuorc »

When I try to view Lilith's
Spoiler:
Edit - @Dugi: Is the Wicked Barony supposed to be void of bosses when entering through Pandemonium?
I have a cunning plan.
User avatar
Dugi
Posts: 4960
Joined: July 22nd, 2010, 10:29 am
Location: Carpathian Mountains
Contact:

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Dugi »

Konrad2 wrote:Because the Elvish High Lord on 52,51 recruits five units instead of four.
Yeah, that was it. Fixed.
nuorc wrote:When I try to view Lilith's unit information via 'items' in the same turn she appears at Pandemonium I get a Lua error:
Works fine for me.
nuorc wrote:Is the Wicked Barony supposed to be void of bosses when entering through Pandemonium?
Yes.
Post Reply