Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
11%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 244

fravolous

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by fravolous »

What's monotonous is the bloody rain. I can't tell if it's burned into my retinas or the display. After 24 iterations of the Last Crusade I went from hard to easy. Didn't seem to make a difference, though I didn't rearm which would have given stronger gear, and I gave up there.

The destroyer sprite: ugh.

No matter how many redeems I have the level seems limited to (5). Is this the result of choices made at the end of dialogues I didn't understand the consequences of?

Great fun overall, playing for several years now (though almost entirely Chapters 5-10).
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Lordlewis wrote:In Legend of the Invincibles it seems that at the end(ish) part of the campaign that it seems that there is to much of quantity and lots of quality, it can make the campaign a little to hard. Can you find a fare ground of quantity and quality, eater that or just hard because I always play on hard mode since I got 1.13 and above.
You mean chapter 10? Also, are you playing it on 1.13? It doesn't work very well there and even the github version does not work properly as far as I know.
fravolous wrote:What's monotonous is the bloody rain. I can't tell if it's burned into my retinas or the display.
It had to be added to force players to hurry, because some people tended to get superpowered leaders to kill everything slowly with retaliation. I might take another approach to prevent this, but it would be an even bigger change to gameplay.
fravolous wrote:No matter how many redeems I have the level seems limited to (5). Is this the result of choices made at the end of dialogues I didn't understand the consequences of?
No. It is probably a bug. Maybe if you uploaded a save file, I could figure something out.
fravolous wrote:Great fun overall, playing for several years now (though almost entirely Chapters 5-10).
Oh, pleased to see how much fun I've managed to provide.
dabber

Post by dabber »

Dugi wrote:
fravolous wrote:What's monotonous is the bloody rain. I can't tell if it's burned into my retinas or the display.
It had to be added to force players to hurry, because some people tended to get superpowered leaders to kill everything slowly with retaliation. I might take another approach to prevent this, but it would be an even bigger change to gameplay.
I'd like there to be some announcement about the rain, or discussion between Efraim and Lethalia.
Killing everything with retaliation is not slow, at least not when it really works. Last night I had Efraim charge an Abbadon spawn and wipe all the minions in one turn. Abbadon took a couple more turns. (he got terrible traits this spawn, normally I wouldn't attempt to solo him).
Lordlewis

Post by Lordlewis »

Are there bugs in Legend of the Invincibles if you play it on 1.13? Also it seems there is a few bugs in the new 1.13.6 so that might be a reason why Legend of the Invinclibles. :|
Gold is great!
Swat them bugs!
nuorc
Forum Regular

Post by nuorc »

Dugi wrote:demonic ghosts that vanish at the beginning of your turn
So they can attack me, but I can't kill them on my turn?

Sounds like I hate it already. :P
I have a cunning plan.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

dabber wrote:I'd like there to be some announcement about the rain, or discussion between Efraim and Lethalia.
I might do that.
dabber wrote:Killing everything with retaliation is not slow, at least not when it really works. Last night I had Efraim charge an Abbadon spawn and wipe all the minions in one turn.
So an alternate method of avoiding mass retaliatory slaughter is necessary.
Lordlewis wrote:Are there bugs in Legend of the Invincibles if you play it on 1.13? Also it seems there is a few bugs in the new 1.13.6 so that might be a reason why Legend of the Invinclibles. :|
I am aware that 1.13 has some bugs on its own, but I am quite certain that at least some bugs LotI has on it are related to incompatibilities.
nuorc wrote:So they can attack me, but I can't kill them on my turn? Sounds like I hate it already. :P
They are present only in a few scenarios. Like five or so.
Lordlewis

Post by Lordlewis »

Just saying is this the longest campaign ever (other than never ending ones).
Gold is great!
Swat them bugs!
Lordlewis

Post by Lordlewis »

There really isn't any bugs on the gladiator scenario on 1.13.6, other than crafting which isn't the first time I've seen that sort of thing happen. I over 9000% sure that it's the version of the game.
Gold is great!
Swat them bugs!
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Lordlewis wrote:There really isn't any bugs on the gladiator scenario on 1.13.6, other than crafting which isn't the first time I've seen that sort of thing happen. I over 9000% sure that it's the version of the game.
You have it from github or from the official repository?
dabber wrote:I'd like there to be some announcement about the rain, or discussion between Efraim and Lethalia.
There is a dialogue about that when it hits a unit for the first time:
It is raining blood!
Another way to make our way harder...
Whoever is casting this, it takes a lot of time to focus. I suggest that we should keep moving.
We might be able to survive it for some time, but it is harmful and sucks all our will to fight the enemy and that can be fatal if enemies are close.

Maybe there is a bug preventing it from showing up, but it does not seem like that to me.
dabber

Post by dabber »

Maybe I read the blood rain discussion happened long enough ago that I forgot it. I know I read about blood rain on the forum before I saw it in the game.

I was hitting the end of chapter 9 the last couple nights and I have to say that Romero is a wimp. Despite being level of 25, he hits weaker than a level 12 Demon Overlord with no traits. (Overlord 21-6, Romero 23-4). A "normal" Demon Lord is 70-4 melee and 65-3 ranged, without traits, against Romero at 23-4 and 27-5. How about making Romero the attached version?
Romero.cfg
(2.24 KiB) Downloaded 187 times

The real Uria, in the final battle, is a bit wimpy too. Sure she's awful to kill, but she doesn't hit hard enough to be slaughtering your troops right and left. Her Demon Lords are definitely more threat than she is. Does the attached version go too far?
Uria.cfg
(20.2 KiB) Downloaded 182 times
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

I have made the suggested changes. It made sense.

Btw, I have found that I have forgotten to push a few files on github. I have fixed it. Chapter 9 on github should no longer give unknown unit errors.
tichy

Post by tichy »

I appear to be stuck in the end of Sepulcher of the Nefarious.

I have had the big final encounter, killed all the baddies, but there appears to be no exit. I'm just stuck wandering around the top part of the map.

Am I missing something or did something not trigger right at the end of the big encounter.

Thanks!
nuorc
Forum Regular

Post by nuorc »

Hello tichy, welcome.

Have you been to the pillar with Lilith before the map was split?
tichy wrote:Am I missing something
In my replay from last October I had a regular exit around 17,1; you probably would have seen that. ;)

Might be best if you state your OS, BfW version, add-on version and attach a save.
I have a cunning plan.
tichy

Post by tichy »

Hi - and thank you!

I'm on OS X 10.12.3, BfW version 1.12.6, LoTI version 3.1.23b

On the map as I see it 17.1 is dark and inaccessible.

I'm not sure where save files live on OS X. I'll hunt around for it after work.
tichy

Post by tichy »

nuorc wrote:Have you been to the pillar with Lilith before the map was split?
Oh, and - I think so - there was a bit of dialogue with her near the pillar. I don't remember the details.