Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
12%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 241

nuorc
Forum Regular

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by nuorc »

Lordlewis wrote:Can some one show me a unit list that has a unit with the [PLAGUE] (not walking corpse) as their weapon special, also I'm new to code so can someone also explain a bit.
Welcome. Until someone more knowledgeable answers: you can craft some weapons with plague, maybe that'll be interesting for you to try out.
sylo wrote:Anyone knew how to fix it?:x
Welcome to you too, and I simply think LotI doesn't work in 1.13 (yet), so I guess it's best played in 1.12.6.
I have a cunning plan.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

sylo wrote:Hi i got Version 1.13.4 of the game and 3.1.21c of the addon.
This campaign turned to be not very operational on wesnoth version 1.13. I have fixed a lot of errors since uploading version 3.1.21c there, but it's still buggy. I may upload the fix to the 1.13 server, but it will not be a perfect solution, there will still be some problems.
gfgtdf wrote:Yes but note that they also check different things, the ability filter afaik only check whther the unit has an ability with that id at all (whether [unit][abilities] has a child tag with that id), while that lua function checks whether the unitis currently affected by that ability: it will not only check unit filters in that ability, it will also check whether an adjacent unit has that ability with [affect_adjacent]
That's like using Riemann's integral to calculate the area of a square. It would make much more sense if the [filter] in WML could check for abilities based on the tag name in addition to the id. Something like has_ability_type=heals in its filter. I could write the code if everyone is busy.
dabber wrote:Beelzebub is not dropping a nice gem for me, and I don't see anything about a special gem drop in utils.cfg from github. Yet that quote is from November?
He has a variable bonus_boss set to true, which gives him exception in some checks when dropping gems in global_events.cfg.
Celtic_Minstrel
Developer

Post by Celtic_Minstrel »

Dugi wrote:
gfgtdf wrote:Yes but note that they also check different things, the ability filter afaik only check whther the unit has an ability with that id at all (whether [unit][abilities] has a child tag with that id), while that lua function checks whether the unitis currently affected by that ability: it will not only check unit filters in that ability, it will also check whether an adjacent unit has that ability with [affect_adjacent]
That's like using Riemann's integral to calculate the area of a square. It would make much more sense if the [filter] in WML could check for abilities based on the tag name in addition to the id. Something like has_ability_type=heals in its filter. I could write the code if everyone is busy.
Pretty sure I already added this to master. IIRC it's ability_type=heals. I can't remember if it requires the ability to be active or merely checks for its presence; it was used in the [heal] (or was it [heal_unit]?) implementation.
Author of The Black Cross of Aleron campaign and Default++ era.
Former maintainer of Steelhive.
Lordlewis

Post by Lordlewis »

Maybe The Legends of the Invincible unit need some new skin for some of the units, eg. Destroyer.
Gold is great!
Swat them bugs!
King_Of_Sloths

Post by King_Of_Sloths »

Hi, I only have Wesnoth 1.10 (I'm too lazy to update it), so I don't know if you fixed this in a more recent update on 1.12, but on the 1.10 version, using the claymore against an enemy causes the enemy to have negative health instead of killing it. I don't know if it is the knockback special or the claymore specifically, but I just wanted to let you know of the bug I found in your campaign
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Celtic_Minstrel wrote:Pretty sure I already added this to master. IIRC it's ability_type=heals.
No such thing is mentioned on https://wiki.wesnoth.org/StandardUnitFilter
Lordlewis wrote:Maybe The Legends of the Invincible unit need some new skin for some of the units, eg. Destroyer.
Make one, then. I am not good at making art.
King_of_Sloths wrote:Hi, I only have Wesnoth 1.10 (I'm too lazy to update it), so I don't know if you fixed this in a more recent update on 1.12, but on the 1.10 version, using the claymore against an enemy causes the enemy to have negative health instead of killing it. I don't know if it is the knockback special or the claymore specifically, but I just wanted to let you know of the bug I found in your campaign
LotI for 1.8 and 1.10 has been discontinued long ago. If I recall correctly, I have been fixing this one at some point of time.
Lordlewis

Post by Lordlewis »

I found this in another addon, maybe you could use this.
Attachments
decimator.png
decimator.png (4.89 KiB) Viewed 4996 times
Gold is great!
Swat them bugs!
Celtic_Minstrel
Developer

Post by Celtic_Minstrel »

Dugi wrote:
Celtic_Minstrel wrote:Pretty sure I already added this to master. IIRC it's ability_type=heals.
No such thing is mentioned on https://wiki.wesnoth.org/StandardUnitFilter
It was pretty recent, so I guess I forgot to update it. I'll get on that.
Author of The Black Cross of Aleron campaign and Default++ era.
Former maintainer of Steelhive.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Lordlewis wrote:I found this in another addon, maybe you could use this.
Is he animated?
Celtic_Minstrel wrote:It was pretty recent, so I guess I forgot to update it. I'll get on that.
When you add a new thing to WML, you should advertise it on the wiki asap, otherwise nobody will know of it :doh: But this new thing seems very useful, thanks for adding that.
Lordlewis

Post by Lordlewis »

Yes he has an attack animation and a defense animation, and he looks like a BEAST!
Gold is great!
Swat them bugs!
Delicius169

Post by Delicius169 »

No he looks more like idiot than original destroyer. More unrealistic than original one. He must be sweating all the time. Or feel cold.
Lordlewis

Post by Lordlewis »

I wonder how painful it would be to be a destroyer? If a fire attack hits you the metal would burn into your skin.
Gold is great!
Swat them bugs!
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Lordlewis wrote:Yes he has an attack animation and a defense animation, and he looks like a BEAST!
Delicius169 wrote:No he looks more like idiot than original destroyer. More unrealistic than original one. He must be sweating all the time. Or feel cold.
Because these two guys cannot decide, can someone else tell his/her preferences here so that I could make a decision?
Lordlewis wrote:I wonder how painful it would be to be a destroyer? If a fire attack hits you the metal would burn into your skin.
Metal heats fast, but not that fast. Also, warriors usually wore leather or some other durable material under the armour. The edges of the armour tended to stick into the skin and cause damage to it. Metal armour also gave no protection from cold, so they needed to have some clothing underneath it anyway. In winter, the clothing could keep the difference of at least 30 K between body temperature and surroundings. If the fire's temperature was 900 K, it would lead to a 30 times higher heat conduction, allowing the warrior to be in a fire for at least 3% of the time. He could not be ignited, because the possibly flammable clothing insufficient access to air - metal from one side, skin from the other side. Of course, spilling burning liquid on him would provide a consistent source of heat, boiling the warrior quickly. Actually, I wonder how can these fireballs actually deal damage, it makes contact with skin only for a very short time and when I stick my arm into flames and pull it back immediately, it does not even hurt (and if the flames were really, really hot, they would shine blindingly bright white and not orange-yellow).
firefox

Post by firefox »

Dugi wrote: Actually, I wonder how can these fireballs actually deal damage, it makes contact with skin only for a very short time and when I stick my arm into flames and pull it back immediately, it does not even hurt (and if the flames were really, really hot, they would shine blindingly bright white and not orange-yellow).
because it's magic :P
may the source be with you
=(^.^)= nyan~
nuorc
Forum Regular

Post by nuorc »

Dugi wrote:Because these two guys cannot decide, can someone else tell his/her preferences here so that I could make a decision?
Could someone just link to the animation pls? :|
I have a cunning plan.