The Balance Mod

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

What do you think of the following modifications

17gp heavy infantryman is good
14%
19gp heavy infantryman is good
29%
Wose with reduced arcane resistance is good
14%
Wose with reduced cold resistance is good
21%
Wose with no change is good
21%

Total votes: 14

The_Gnat

The Balance Mod

Post by The_Gnat »

I have just now released version 0.2 of the Balanced Mod!

The goal of this mod is to encourage balance changes in the mainline wesnoth game and to allow people to play with these modifications until these changes are made. In order to get modifications mainlined we need support! Download the mod and tell people so that we are able to get many downloads! Currently this add-on has only 1 modification that reduces the cost of the Loyalists Heavy Infantryman to 17gold. If anyone has other modifications ideas please post them and i will consider adding them! Comments are welcome and appreciated and if any bugs are spotted please notify me!

Thank you (now go download the add-on ;) )
Last edited by The_Gnat on December 21st, 2016, 7:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The_Gnat

Re: The Balance Mod

Post by The_Gnat »

(NEW RELEASE) The Balance Mod 0.3 has now been released, it allows the modifications to be played in singleplayer now also. The Balance Mod [Campaign] is required.

(note: this mod is spelled "Balance" mod, not the "Balanced" mod)
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

(NEW RELEASE) The Balance Mod 0.4 has now been released, it allows the recruitment of a new unit The Recruiter. This recruiter is a weak unit but it can recruit units now allowing you to take your leader out of his castle and gain him experience.

Comments are welcome, ideas for further balances would also be appreciated!

Edit

(New release) 0.5 now reduces the recruiters life and increases his cost to 18
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

The Balance Mod Version 0.5 Has now been released!

New features include Modifications to:

- Ghost reduce gold to 19
- Wose cold resistance reduced to 0%

The Recruiter has now been fixed so that it can be disabled in campaigns.

Feedback is welcome!
Caritas

Post by Caritas »

Wose arcane res should be lowered not cold
Cold gives augurs extra damage and drakes already have advantage v elfs. Arcane gives adepts+ghosts extra damage.
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Thank you for your post I will consider it! :D
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Caritas wrote:Wose arcane res should be lowered not cold
Cold gives augurs extra damage and drakes already have advantage v elfs. Arcane gives adepts+ghosts extra damage.
Caritas i have considered your idea and tested it some and now have changed the wose balance in the balance mod to reduce the cold and arcane resistances by 10%. Thank you for posting!

NEW VERSION:

Version 0.6 of the Balance Mod and 0.1.1 of the Balance Mod Campaign have now been released. These mods change the wose balance and allow the Balance Mod Campaign settings to be remembered over the entire campaign. This newest version also fixes problems with the recruiter in multiplayer.

NOTE: the Balance Mod Campaign is Entirely dependent on the Balance Mod and in order to gain the updated changes for campaigns the Balance Mod must be up to date.
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

NEW VERSION

For all the people who did not like having so many options in the multiplayer menu (like myself) i have changed all the modifications to be under one check box and customizeable in the settings menu once you have created a game (as can be seen below):
Spoiler:
I have also added a ghoul 6mp mod. :D