Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
11%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 244

Dugi

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Dugi »

Juuzou wrote:We may could ask the developer/porter of the Android version to add another on-screen button that emulates a "t"-keystroke?
You can try that for sure.
Juuzou wrote:
Spoiler:
That is intended. Their unit types and advancements available change as well.
Naron

Post by Naron »

Dugi wrote:
Naron wrote:I would like for a feature to be possibly added: the possibility to use the inventory (e.g., equipping/unequipping) while standing on a village, any village should do. I want this because it takes too much to find a castle and in addition it would make the game-play more dynamic.
Implementing it would be easy, but there is a reason why it's not implemented. I don't want to allow a lot of inventory manipulation, because it would lead to transporting items from one unoccupied squad to another squad that is in the heat of battle. It used to be disallowed also on keeps after turn 2, but I was persuaded that keeps are rare enough.
Good point, I didn't think of that. But I think that it should be possible in Chapters 9-10, because anything is permitted when fighting against the demons. :)
Naron wrote:And I would like to know if it's possible to disable the annoying message "Enemy unit sighted!" that appears every time my selected unit see an enemy and it stops. It just annoying as hell because I'm playing on Android and there is no t key to press to continue and I have to repeatedly move my unit to the desired position.
Dugi wrote:No way I know of, I am annoyed by that too. I might ask the devs to allow me to disable that thing.
Maybe it should be implemented as an option in a .cfg file.
Genethesis

Post by Genethesis »

Consistently across a few games, now, I've been encountering a bug. My Shadowalkers do not suck health if the damage type on their attack is cold/fire/arcane. But if, for example, a Shadowalker with a Holy Sword and The Deadborn puts on Crushing Walk, Rationality, etc. to change the damage type it works. The attack seems to be treated like a spell if it's a magical type of damage being applied, though.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Naron wrote:Maybe it should be implemented as an option in a .cfg file.
I don't think that's possible, it would have to be somewhere deep within the C++ code.
Genethesis wrote:Consistently across a few games, now, I've been encountering a bug. My Shadowalkers do not suck health if the damage type on their attack is cold/fire/arcane.
That's deliberate not a bug. Non-physical resistances are very easy to reduce, making it easier to do a lot of non-physical damage using some damage conversion. This is a small penalty for it.
Genethesis

Post by Genethesis »

Thanks, Dugi. That counterbalance seems appropriate. I thought it was inconsistent because some other units were getting health back. I didn't notice they all had parry, and it was just applying the drain on the parried attacks.
Ashes

Post by Ashes »

Hello,
it seems that if a unit's resistances have been reduced by doom, then the attacker's penetration has no effect.
I have not been able to find in the code of LotI where attack penetration is implemented, therefore I have no idea why this is happening.
But IMHO this makes doom useless.
Naron

Post by Naron »

Dugi wrote:
Naron wrote:Maybe it should be implemented as an option in a .cfg file.
I don't think that's possible, it would have to be somewhere deep within the C++ code.
Yes, I guess that it will require a modification of the game engine, but I wanted to say that if this change will be made, it should be exposed as an option in a .cfg file. Or maybe an option should be added to the game settings' GUI. Anyway, we (or at least me) should get rid of that thing ASAP, I cannot express enough how annoying this is, I even lost a battle because of a mis-tapping caused by that thing. :annoyed:
Celtic_Minstrel
Developer

Post by Celtic_Minstrel »

There's a preference to disable it for sighted friendly units, I believe. This suggests that it wouldn't be too hard to add a preference to disable it for sighted enemy units, though there are certainly a few caveats (I looked into it a little while ago).
Author of The Black Cross of Aleron campaign and Default++ era.
Former maintainer of Steelhive.
Naron

Post by Naron »

Celtic_Minstrel wrote:There's a preference to disable it for sighted friendly units, I believe. This suggests that it wouldn't be too hard to add a preference to disable it for sighted enemy units, though there are certainly a few caveats (I looked into it a little while ago).
Yes, the preference for sighted friendly units is there in settings and it is the first thing I disable. I wish there was a similar preference for sighted enemy units, for things would be much easier if it existed.
But I believe we are off-topic, should I open a new thread about this?
shadow12

Post by shadow12 »

Just finished the campaign, loved it!!! The whole campaign is a masterpiece of creativity. The story was interesting throughout, the twists and turns kept it fresh. The flaws in the characters made them believable and I cared about what happened to them. The enemies were unique, and the different places and worlds were so imaginative. Thanks, Dugi, truly you should be proud to have created such fine work. :) :) :)

So... does anyone have suggestions where I should go from here? Are there any LotI spin-offs?
Sometimes life unexpectedly throws a Troll or a nasty Queen Naga in your path.
Naron

Post by Naron »

A LotI-related add-on is Affable Evil. I haven't played it so I do not know how good or bad it is. But it being created by Dugi, I expect it is at least good. ;)
Celtic_Minstrel
Developer

Post by Celtic_Minstrel »

Naron wrote:
Celtic_Minstrel wrote:There's a preference to disable it for sighted friendly units, I believe. This suggests that it wouldn't be too hard to add a preference to disable it for sighted enemy units, though there are certainly a few caveats (I looked into it a little while ago).
Yes, the preference for sighted friendly units is there in settings and it is the first thing I disable. I wish there was a similar preference for sighted enemy units, for things would be much easier if it existed.
But I believe we are off-topic, should I open a new thread about this?
Opening a ticket at the tracker would be great, but if that's too much of a pain, having the request in a separate thread should at least make it harder to forget about. :)
Author of The Black Cross of Aleron campaign and Default++ era.
Former maintainer of Steelhive.
Delicius169

Post by Delicius169 »

There is also campaing Beutifull Child (is it paraphrase to Cursed child by J.K. Rowling, or just coincidence? :-D)
and also campain Kill the king.

Thought Affably evil has probably best storyline of those three.
braknor

Post by braknor »

I am currently replaying the whole campaign and have made it to chapter 5, "The real enemy". Here I can cast a greater spell to recall some old units of mine. However, it only recalls some random units. Since I had a lot of level 2 units at the end of chapter 3, I am stuck with those low level units. I do not get any good units back, like my Seers etc. This is quite annoying. Had I known that by the end of chapter 3 then I would have dismissed all units that are not maxed out. This way I would only recall really good units in Chapter 5.

Is there any chance to make the recalling old units not random in Chapter 5?
Ashes

Post by Ashes »

braknor wrote:I am currently replaying the whole campaign and have made it to chapter 5, "The real enemy". Here I can cast a greater spell to recall some old units of mine. However, it only recalls some random units. Since I had a lot of level 2 units at the end of chapter 3, I am stuck with those low level units. I do not get any good units back, like my Seers etc. This is quite annoying. Had I known that by the end of chapter 3 then I would have dismissed all units that are not maxed out. This way I would only recall really good units in Chapter 5.

Is there any chance to make the recalling old units not random in Chapter 5?
They are not random, they are in the order of the Valhalla unit storage, which usually begins with the smallest units.
You can edit your save file and change the order.
Ashes wrote:Hello,
it seems that if a unit's resistances have been reduced by doom, then the attacker's penetration has no effect.
I have not been able to find in the code of LotI where attack penetration is implemented, therefore I have no idea why this is happening.
But IMHO this makes doom useless.
I have started a new LotI, my first one since the Dragon Legacies provide penetration. And my feeling is that penetration is now the best way to create efficient fighters.
For example now in LotI2, I have a very efficient Warlock with Fire Dragon Legacy. She has Fire penetration 71, spell suck 3, suck 2, and therefore is very efficient solo against demons (her items are Doombringer, Un* set, Wisdom helm and boots, Draingloves, The Warmth, and Koshei set).
I also have a very efficient Swordmaster with Ice Dragon Legacy and the Dark set, Hunter set (plus Book of Herbal Tinctures and Malignancies, for regeneration, and Guide to Lycanthopy, which was very useful to kill the Queen of Darkness).

Other comments: penalty for AoE attacks is huge. I accept to get cleave from the "weapons" redeem advancement, but I don't take the advancements from Koschei's Journal because all my ranged attacks will get this penalty. I would suggest that Koschei's Journal creates a bonus_attack, like the Fire Dragon Legacy.
And because of this malus I never felt the need to use the fireball attack of Efraim, and chose as before to improve the knife attack.