The Stone of the North [Feedback and development]

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

tamanegi

Re: The Stone of the North [Feedback and development]

Post by tamanegi »

Hello again :D

I replayed this campaign again because i am planning to translate this campaign into japanese. I met some bugs during this test play (on the easiest difficulty), please fix them when you have a time. ;) Sorry for the long report...

bugs(?):
-"Wanted Man" does not have advancement and does not have AMLA_DEFAULT.
-attack animations of dwarf units are not shown (image filenames might be changed)
-scenarios 1 and 2: both scenarios have a knife at (19,34)...?
-scenarios 15-17: these three scenarios have a Shadow Cloak at (24,1)...?
-8:Fortress of Estmark: reward of the optional objective is inactive. The variable might be max_moves, not max_movements.
-12:Evil Clan: when the third and last leader is killed, they still ask to spare their lives (objective says i have to kill all the leaders when I killed the second leader)
some major issues:
list of untranslatable texts:
- utils/items.cfg : textdomain should be fixed.
- player_rank and player_rank_text (prepared in scenario 23 and shown in epilogue)
-9A Traitor: last of story text, "So they..."
-10 Armita: first of story text, "They rode at..."
-10 Armita: story text, "And to accompany..."
-10 Armita: story text, "After a little..."
-10 Armita: story text, "Derryus asked him..."
-11 Hill of Knowledge: story text (only one)
-some of units (mainline units such as httt units are no problem)
Discord: @tamanegi
It is true that we cannot be free from bugs, but at least let our bugs not always the same...
A Group in a War: my first campaign, An Independence War: and the sequel
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

Hi,

Thanks for the report, it's great to hear from you again :)
I will fix these, and I hope I can update a patch this weekend. :)

Best regards,
WhiteWolf
Main UMC campaigns: The Ravagers - now for 1.16, with new bugs!
Old UMC works: The Underness Series, consisting of 5 parts: The Desolation of Karlag, The Blind Sentinel, The Stone of the North, The Invasion Of The Western Cavalry, Fingerbone of Destiny
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

Hey again,

I've fixed these and a couple of other things.
Release Notes:
If you happen to find anything else, (or typos), don't hesitate to write :)

Best regards,
WhiteWolf
Old UMC works: The Underness Series, consisting of 5 parts: The Desolation of Karlag, The Blind Sentinel, The Stone of the North, The Invasion Of The Western Cavalry, Fingerbone of Destiny
tamanegi

Post by tamanegi »

Hi, :D

Thank you for fixing, ;) I translated this campaign into Japanese.
Please add this file and "path" parameter in the [textdomain] in the _main.cfg file. ;)
tson_ja.zip
Japanese translation
(121.96 KiB) Downloaded 355 times
For someone interested in translation, I also attach .pot file.
tson.pot.zip
translation template
(63.27 KiB) Downloaded 350 times
I am little bit afraid there is still a bug in the scattering stones... :?
Spoiler:
It is true that we cannot be free from bugs, but at least let our bugs not always the same...
tamanegi

Post by tamanegi »

Sorry for the sequential post.
Someone not me in the japanese community found a bug on 1.2.7.

In scenario 2, enemy leader type "Dark Adept2" (easy or normal difficulty) no longer exists in the current version. It causes a crash. That "Dark Adept2" also exists in enemy recruit lists on 4_Seeking_Shelter scenario (does not cause crash, though). Pls fix. ;)

EDIT: additional bug
utils/units.cfg is not included neither in _main.cfg nor utils/summarise.cfg. So the game doesn't know the movetype of monks (monkfoot) and monks cannot move even a single hex. Please fix this, too... this is also a critical bug...
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

Hey,
Sorry for answering late.

Thanks for the translation :) I'm gonna include it.

This is what I don't like about these kind of bugs - they only show themselves sometimes, and not always, and for some reason, every time I checked it didn't show itself....
But yes, you're absolutely right about the code - I overlooked the maths (how many numbers between 10 and 5 type, lol :doh: ). For the same-tile check I wanted to run on all tiles, not just $j-1, I simply forgot to add the others. I'll just insert $j-2, $-3, etc. into [or] filters, as I am not doing something general, but rather very specific for this map. May not be as nice, but it'll be quicker. :)

I've tried to clean up old-sytaxed and unneccessary units a bit, but it seems there have been some broken references left (Adept"2"). Same cause applies to the missing units.cfg :(
I'll fix these as quickly as I can, and I hope I can upload the next version asap.

WhiteWolf
tamanegi

Post by tamanegi »

Thank you for the reply.
No problem, because bugs are always with us. :)
I will wait for the next release. ;)
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

OK, uploaded 1.2.8
- including the translation, thanks again :)
- and the fix for the aforementioned bugs.

Should any other issues occur, please don't hesitate to write :)

All the best,
WhiteWolf
tamanegi

Post by tamanegi »

Thank you for adding the translation! :D
And all the reported bugs seem to be fixed. :)
Great!
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

Great :D
santi
Lord of Wesmere

Post by santi »

Nice campaign, I played it at hardest difficulty. The first scenario was challenging, but the haunted forest was the hardest. Once I figured out the right strategy, the rest were quite ok. Saving Raelle could add a sense of urgency, as I initially focused on taking out the eastern commander.
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

Thanks :) Just a note, the Haunted Forest used to be near-impossible on harder difficulties, it has received a new map with more possibilities only recently.

WhiteWolf
oror

Post by oror »

Hi,
I found something that seems to be a bug in "The cave".
The goal is "Take Derryus into the cave", with 40 turns available. At my first attempt, at turn 14 a message stated
"Smoke coming from the cave...it must have been taken...we failed..."
... so I suppose the elf in the cave was killed.
So I restarted from a couple of turns earlier, entered the cave and killed the orc and ghost inside... Raelle is there but nothing happens... I also killed the last orc leader, but still nothing happens...
I'm sending a screenshot.

Update:
Hi, after redning the game save file, I suspected that instead to mark the vicotry at 30,19, it was marked at 30,1 (I was probably not right, but anyway), so I moved a mage to 30,1 and nothing happened. So I tried to move Derryus at 30,1...but while exiting the cave, at 24,19, the dialog with Raelle started :D
Attachments
Cattura.PNG
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

Hi,

Sorry for answering so late.

Umm, it's not an actual bug, only a misunderstanding :) The solution is that the Raelle dialogue event will fire when Derryus steps and stops on a cave floor tile. My guess is that you moved him immediately into the castle, without stopping on the actual cave floor. I checked, and with 6 mp from the hills, that move can be done. My mistake :(
When the Raelle-dialogue has fired successfully - which I guess you've figured out if I understand you correctly - then moving any unit to 30,1 (the dedicated signpost) will end the scenario.

With the next version I'll make sure the Raelle event will fire upon crossing the cave, it won't requrie stopping in it.
Please write if any further cases appear :)

Best regards,
WhiteWolf
Zmoj

Post by Zmoj »

Hey, sorry for making maybe a dumb reply, but I just can't find a way to pass The Fortress of Estmark scenario. I get Joanna to the middle gate and it triggers a dialogue about needing to find another way, but there just seems to be none. I checked almost every tile next to keep tiles, but still nothing happens. It is just due to my incompetence or is it actually a bug?