Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
12%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 241

matsjoyce

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by matsjoyce »

Dugi wrote:Downloading via command line tools isn't something most players like,
Well, I think most players that are contributing stuff like WML should be able to do it.
Dugi wrote: mainly because it's particularly hard to set up on Windows.
Maybe https://desktop.github.com/ would help? Then you just need to put it in the right place.
Dugi wrote:Look at my cool new avatar!
Dugi is dead! Long live the new Dugi!
James_The_Invisible

Post by James_The_Invisible »

Dugi wrote:Yes? Given that LotI seems to be drawing more community attention than For Power, it could mean more than two pull requests yearly. Not bad.
Yes. And yes, I expect that you would receive much more PRs.
On sourceforge. It was long ago, before I knew you.
Oh, okay.
So maybe I could hypothetically create a repository.
Go for it :) .
Downloading via command line tools isn't something most players like, mainly because it's particularly hard to set up on Windows.
Well, there are some GUIs for Git, you know. There is even a list of them. While I was working on Windows, I was using TortoiseGit. It was really good. Sadly, I cannot find a version for Ubuntu (which is now my OS). And I believe that GitHub offers a guide for setting up Git on Windows.
Maikal

Post by Maikal »

I'm not sure if soul gate is working as intended. The description makes it out to be a really powerful ability, and it would be if it actually summoned my level 4/5 veterans I put so much XP into. So far most of the units it's summoned have been level 1s with a few level 2 rogues, chocobones, and shocktroopers. It feels like I'm being punished for not cleaning up my recall list at the end of each chapter lol.

Additionally, clicking configure auto recall makes wesnoth stop responding (Using an imac) in chapter 5 scenario 8 the dungeon, forcing me to quit and restart (It worked fine in previous scenarios, but it didn't actually do anything before the dungeon). I thought it was bugged because my recall list was empty, but that's not the case anymore. Really annoying because my auto recall is completely random other than the 2 surviving spectres that I had set to auto recall in scenario 6.
Last edited by Maikal on July 17th, 2016, 8:39 am, edited 7 times in total.
Astoria
Inactive Developer

Post by Astoria »

I can definitely defend git as being fairly easy to set up on windows and mac. It also makes it easier to pinpoint bugs and organize bug reports and feedback, as well as make everything more organized for yourself as well. The (minimal) extra effort is something you definitely do get used to.
Formerly known as the creator of Era of Chaos and maintainer of The Aragwaithi and the Era of Myths.
nuorc
Forum Regular

Post by nuorc »

Maikal wrote:So far most of the units it's summoned have been level 1s with a few level 2 rogues, chocobones, and shocktroopers. It feels like I'm being punished for not cleaning up my recall list at the end of each chapter lol.
I feel you. I've sent Dugi more than one unfriendly note about this behavior. ;)

If I am not mistaken he made it more random, not recalling strictly from the bottom of the list. In my current play-through I cut my recall list down to roughly twice the size of my 'active' units; it still happens that I get purely units I wouldn't have recalled, but with the subsequent tries I get my veterans much faster than before.
I have a cunning plan.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

matsjoyce wrote:Well, I think most players that are contributing stuff like WML should be able to do it.
I hope so.
matsjoyce wrote:Maybe https://desktop.github.com/ would help? Then you just need to put it in the right place.
I didn't know about this. Thanks for the link.
matsjoyce wrote:Dugi is dead! Long live the new Dugi!
:lol:
James_the_Invisible wrote:Go for it :) .
Okay.
bumbadabum wrote:I can definitely defend git as being fairly easy to set up on windows and mac
Seems I was wrong with my observation that everything related to programming is hard to set up on Windows as long as it does not concertn Visual Studio or DirectX.
Maikal wrote:The description makes it out to be a really powerful ability, and it would be if it actually summoned my level 4/5 veterans I put so much XP into. So far most of the units it's summoned have been level 1s with a few level 2 rogues, chocobones, and shocktroopers. It feels like I'm being punished for not cleaning up my recall list at the end of each chapter lol.
I suppose that I could change it to always recall one high level unit, one lower level unit and then recall some low level units or new units if low level units are not available.
Maikal wrote:Additionally, clicking configure auto recall makes wesnoth stop responding (Using an imac) in chapter 5 scenario 8 the dungeon, forcing me to quit and restart (It worked fine in previous scenarios, but it didn't actually do anything before the dungeon). I thought it was bugged because my recall list was empty, but that's not the case anymore.
I'll have a look at it. Can you attach a save file? It might be dependent on some hidden conditions.
Someone wrote:Beelzubub later in chapter 5
He will not spawn much in the final dungeon, but there are some locations where it might happen.

EDIT:
The repository is here: https://github.com/Dugy/Legend_of_the_Invincibles
Any remarks about what else should I do to make it usable for others?
Astoria
Inactive Developer

Post by Astoria »

You could make a README.md
Formerly known as the creator of Era of Chaos and maintainer of The Aragwaithi and the Era of Myths.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

And what would I write into it?
Astoria
Inactive Developer

Post by Astoria »

Idk, quick summary of what LotI is, how to download it, link to the thread, any other notes.
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

Link how to find userdata.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Okay, done. Added the link to the repository and the Windows program to the initial post.
Maikal

Post by Maikal »

Dugi wrote:I'll have a look at it. Can you attach a save file? It might be dependent on some hidden conditions.
I'm newish to Wesnoth so apologies if this isn't what you're looking for, lmk if you need something else or if you need this in a dif format or whatever :)

Also, some additional feedback: Beezlebub either shouldn't be able to spawn more than once from the same monolith, or he should be much stronger with subsequent spawns from the same monolith. I was able to kill him with just efraim's berserk like attack and a stacked up wrath. Plus he's level 60 or 65, so he gives a ridiculous amount of xp to efraim and any units who can attack him and survive. If you get him in a scenario with no turn limit like I did, he's infinite xp/items.
Attachments
LotI1-Guards'_Quarters_Turn_13.gz
This was one of the turns of the scenario that it caused Wesnoth to stop responding, but from my numerous misclicks, I'm pretty sure this issue was with all parts of the dungeon.
(1.13 MiB) Downloaded 217 times
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

The save file is what I expected. The freeze bug can be replicated, but only by using your save file. EDIT: Not sure what caused it to manifest in your save file, but I have managed to fix it.

I wasn't aware of the possibility to get Beelzebub more times from one monolith. That definitely wasn't intended. The increased strength with each spawn is a consequence of the way I chose to code his adjustment in power, it was not deliberate.

Everyone, please hearken to my thanks to bumbadadabum for making a contribution to LotI that optimises all png compression of images. The campaign is now visibly smaller, especially to download. I wasn't aware of such a tool before.
Maikal

Post by Maikal »

Some small things:
- Chapter 7 scenario 14 the walkthrough says "The target is at the top edge, a bit east of the centre of the map..." (Last sentence)
It's west, not east.

- The soulless unit advancement description is incomplete, it only shows that it can level up to a monstrosity when it can actually level up to a revenant (Which, unlike other revenants can advance to a death knight, which is also not shown in its unit description), bone shooter, or necrophage.

- Given its spiky black armour, flaming sword, and the word "chaos" in its name, the chaos rider should probably be chaotic, not lawful.

- I have all the redeem advancements unlocked for spiritual transformation, however I don't have the option to select it on Efraim (Unsure about lethalia, haven't gotten the regen/absorb/health advancement paths on her yet actually on lethalia it says I need absorb/weapon advancements)
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

It's west, not east.
Fixed.
The soulless unit advancement description is incomplete, ...
Help menu is very hard to control. If it tells hogwash, I can't do anything about it.
Given its spiky black armour, flaming sword, and the word "chaos" in its name, the chaos rider should probably be chaotic, not lawful.
I don't think he needs to be chaotic. He just sows chaos into the enemy lines.
I have all the redeem advancements unlocked for spiritual transformation, however I don't have the option to select it on Efraim
Can you please upload a save file where it can be replicated?