Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
12%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 241

Delicius169

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Delicius169 »

I havent played first 5 chapter for more then year, so I wont talk about them.
6th chapter: I dont think this chapter needs to be improved, there is Efraim´s and Lethalia´s way, and Efraims is slightly better-more advantageous- you ll get a duke.
7th chapter: I like it, my favourite scenario is the last one in the frozen lands with snow storms. Thugh I wouldnt mind, if snowstorms would be stronger, or there would be smaller caves.
8th chapter: I think its fine as it is. THought I dont like Jungle hell scenario-too long, too monotenous, but I dont know how to change it...
9th chapter:Ok. I just dont like, that when I kill enemy leader on a map, there will be less leaders on other maps. The result of it, is that I dont kill enemy leaders at all.
10th chapter: First part is amazing, hardcore, but amazing. But in the second part of this chapter, you fight with normal 2-3lvl units. That´s bad- I dont think it is balanced,it is just a farming. Maybe increase power of those soldiers (by the power of demons)? And the last scenario. The map could be smaller-so enemy will come sooner, and enemies should be stronger-how about having attack with lethargy,trickery and doom at the same time?

Regarding the update: I like Eldery mage now much more, fire cast looks good, thought I didnt had opurtinity to use it properly, because now I am fighting with hordes of burning souls...
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

#Chapter 4
I see that this one has received the most votes so far. So this is what I might do:
- add more enemies to leader-only scenarios, allow the leader to create his doppelgängers who are weaker versions of himself or some other special magic constructs (one per turn), recallable and upgradable, not obtainable otherwise so you'll be motivated to keep them alive
- make the enemies stronger against your leaders, explaining that your leaders' strength was drained by keeping the night

#Chapter 5
I like your suggestion about making some undercover machines attack you before the actual war begins. I am not sure if you didn't make a mistake in telling that there's no challenge before the final dungeon, there are two scenarios before it where you fight purely these machines.

#Chapter 9
It's not true that killing an enemy leader removes leaders in other areas. If I recall correctly, it does happen in the two fortification areas around Pandemonium, but that's the only case.

#Chapter 10
Maybe those enemies could get some random superpowers like those in chapter 2.
I have been making some changes to the last scenario, if I see that it's not enough, I may add some enemies closer to your place.
ahmannar

Post by ahmannar »

I think your ideas for the 4th chapter are very good. It´s true that there are 2 scenarios before the final dungeon with those enemies, but the saurians(in the first one) and the orcs(in the second one) make for a good distraction which, combined with a small army of recruits, makes those levels still easy. Maybe the key in there is to give more gold to the "machines" so that the others sides don´t help that much or maybe there can be a reason for why they are all on the same side against the player(being promised something in return for their help in crushing our heroes perphaps?).
Bobby_de_Ceise

Post by Bobby_de_Ceise »

#Chapter 7 Bug repport
but first, thanks a lot for the amazing campaign, great work :)

I'm playing the latest version 3.1.21 with wesnoth 1.12.5 on OSX and the second map "search for elves" won't load.
Error while reading the WML: Duplicate definition of side 8
I looked at the .cfg files, everything looks fine...

any help with that would be appreciated, thanks
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

@ahmannar
Good idea. I will probably do it. Any opposition?

@Bobby_de_Ceise
I have made a mistake, please download an update (3.1.21b). I apologise for the inconvenience.
Bobby_de_Ceise

Post by Bobby_de_Ceise »

It works fine. Thanks for quick update !

also, while i'm at it, there was something strange about the outlaws' AI in Chapter 6 "10_Heart_Mounains" [sic]. They would fight in the western cave, would not recruit and didn't attack my units until Efraim moved close enough.
lhaire

Post by lhaire »

Forgive me for asking an ignorant question, but does AoE mean? I see it referenced a lot in posts but I can't find anywhere that explains what it stands for.
matsjoyce

Post by matsjoyce »

@lhaire Area of Effect - basically any spell that affects more than one enemy (storm, cone, explosive, etc.)
Last edited by matsjoyce on May 25th, 2016, 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
lhaire

Post by lhaire »

matsjoyce wrote:@lhaire Area of Effect - basically any spell that affects more than one enemy (storm, code, explosive, etc.)
Great - thanks1
Scarhart

Post by Scarhart »

Following the recent update, I received a "Error while reading the WML: Duplicate definition of side 6" when attempting to start Loti1 - Invasion.
nuorc
Forum Regular

Post by nuorc »

@All:
nuorc wrote:Has anyone here ever killed Argan in "An Old F(r)iend"? How?
I'd still like to hear if anyone ever did that.
Spoiler:
I have a cunning plan.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Bobby_de_Ceise wrote:They would fight in the western cave, would not recruit and didn't attack my units until Efraim moved close enough.
That's the intended behaviour.
Scarheart wrote:Following the recent update, I received a "Error while reading the WML: Duplicate definition of side 6" when attempting to start Loti1 - Invasion.
Sorry, my bad, I have fixed it, please download an update.
Cart84

Post by Cart84 »

nuorc wrote:@All:
nuorc wrote:Has anyone here ever killed Argan in "An Old F(r)iend"? How?
I'd still like to hear if anyone ever did that.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Chewan

Post by Chewan »

@ Cart84: If this is the level where he runs away from you, yeah.
Eh?! I didn't even get close to him!
Spoiler:
matsjoyce

Post by matsjoyce »

Well, first time I played, I got him, but recently, due to AoE penalties, I didn't have anyone even remotely powerful enough to kill him.