Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
11%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 244

Naron

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Naron »

Dugi wrote:Why have I done that? Because using AoE attacks was usually paid with wasted exp. It was agreed that it would be better if they had another penalty, without wasting experience. So now, you can mow down your foes with AoE as much as you want, you get all the exp, you just have to counter the temporary damage drops.
I haven't read the last pages of the topic, so I didn't know about that. But that still seems pretty weird to me. How I'm supposed to retaliate when I'm attacked? By relying on my troops for protection? Or by high physical and magical resistances?
Sorry for the noobish questions, but I'm not accustomed to radical changes.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

You get the penalty only if you use an AoE attack, you're perfectly fine if you don't use it. If you use it, you will have to prepare to have the unit crippled for a couple of turns. You can partially compensate it with the wrath ability. You can also have attacks with high damage and low attack count to be affected less badly.
Yes, it's radical change, but it was discussed for a long time and it seemed like something everyone present at that time agreed with.
matsjoyce

Post by matsjoyce »

@Dugi
Do you thing I should put both items and advancements on the same page or on two different pages. Currently my script shows 362 items and 1557 advancements, so separating them would make sense IMO.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Yes. Maybe the items could be split into categories too, don't know if a page with over 300 items is good for usage.
matsjoyce

Post by matsjoyce »

OK, I've generated version 1 of the items page, it is at https://wiki.wesnoth.org/LotI_Items. It's pretty much completely auto-generated, so make all the comments you possible can, as most changes are relatively easy. Otherwise, I'll start on the advancements. :D
nuorc
Forum Regular

Post by nuorc »

matsjoyce wrote:OK, I've generated version 1 of the items page
Would it be possible to leave out the numbers in the TOC? I don't like'em and they're not helping anyway... :)
I have a cunning plan.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Very nice work. It totally looks like when in game. When finished, can you please attach the script to the forums somewhere so that someone could run it instead of you if you take a break from visiting?

A minor issue: your script does not seem to read the {QUANTITY ...} macro. It makes the items better on normal and easy. All your values are for the hard difficulty.
matsjoyce

Post by matsjoyce »

@nuorc
AFAIK their put there by the wiki. Is there a way of turning them off?

@Dugi
Realised about QUANTITY when just after I signed off :oops: . I'll add the script once I've done the advancements and tidied up a bit (the WML parser part is a bit messy).
nachkar

Post by nachkar »

Looking good, keep up the nice work matso, and thanks again for going through the hassle of doing it :D
About what was talked before, I also like it more out of game, to browse trough it while moving/doing other stuff and getting inspired/interesting ideas :mrgreen:
matsjoyce

Post by matsjoyce »

@Dugi
OK, QUANTITY has been fixed. I used all the strings from your own info generation, so it should be exactly the same as in game, except for depluralisation when there is 1 of something (e.g. moves) and the handling of items with a description (I appended it to the auto-generated description, as while sometimes they say the same thing, other times there is more information in the auto part).

@nachkar
Thanks, it's nice to also view items which you don't have. Advancements will be coming next... 8)
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Nice work, man.
nuorc
Forum Regular

Post by nuorc »

matsjoyce wrote:AFAIK their put there by the wiki. Is there a way of turning them off?
I have no idea. Low relevance, anyway. :)
I have a cunning plan.
matsjoyce

Post by matsjoyce »

@Dugi
In the stormrider file, increse_attacks is used instead of increase_attacks. Is this a typo or are they the same? And for bonus attack, damage is in percent of the attack it is based off?
matsjoyce

Post by matsjoyce »

Advancements are now at https://wiki.wesnoth.org/LotI_Standard_Advancements and https://wiki.wesnoth.org/LotI_Unit_Advancements, so comments much appreciated. There may be stuff missing, as there wasn't any WML code that showed what to look for. I'll wait for comments before uploading the script.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Is this a typo or are they the same?
Typo. WML is horribly prone to typos, so I am usually using a spell checker when coding. I would not add something grammatically incorrect on purpose.
And for bonus attack, damage is in percent of the attack it is based off?
Yeah, percentage.
Advancements are now at https://wiki.wesnoth.org/LotI_Standard_Advancements and https://wiki.wesnoth.org/LotI_Unit_Advancements, so comments much appreciated. There may be stuff missing, as there wasn't any WML code that showed what to look for.
Maybe you could use advancement descriptions instead of (or in addition to) ids. Those names are quite cryptic. When listing dependencies, maybe an anchor could be added to the name so that one could learn quickly what it is (same could refer to set items, but because of the crappy implementation from my side, this might be tedious to do).