Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
11%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 244

Zarkussell

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Zarkussell »

@matsjoyce
Could you post what is there for me? I don't have the game debugged so I don't think I can get to that, and I know nothing about programming. So I may be able to get there, but I wouldn't be able to find the information anyway probably.
nuorc
Forum Regular

Post by nuorc »

@Zarkussell: You can open the file with a text editor and have it search the term for you.
Spoiler:
I have a cunning plan.
Zarkussell

Post by Zarkussell »

@nuroc
Thank you!

@dugi
There seems to be a bug in chapter 5 after you complete several scenarios with the configure recall list button where the game simply freezes until you close it and reopen it.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Can you please give me a save file where it can be replicated?
matsjoyce

Post by matsjoyce »

@Dugi
Would you be against a wiki of all the items / books / amla that are available? I can make a script to scrape for the data, format it, etc, but it would be a sort of "cheat sheet", so might wreck some of the fun.
nachkar

Post by nachkar »

matsjoyce wrote:@Dugi
Would you be against a wiki of all the items / books / amla that are available? I can make a script to scrape for the data, format it, etc, but it would be a sort of "cheat sheet", so might wreck some of the fun.
Altough it might spoil a lot of fun for new players, I think experienced ones would greatly welcome the tool, or at the very least i'm pretty sure I would :P
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

matsjoyce wrote:@Dugi
No. Go on if you want. I will give you some advice if you don't understand how some intricacies work, the code isn't very readable somewhere.

I was thinking about making it myself, but when I thought of it deeper, it looked like quite a lot of work so I have decided not to do it and spend my time resources elsewhere. Also, I thought that a video game wiki would not be the exactly ideal content to my personal website, it would make it look very unprofessional.

I don't think it would break the game. I admit that when I was playing TESV: Skyrim, I read a lot about its mechanics and possibilities on the wiki and my first character was simply the strongest character possible and I had no need for replays for a long time (and now, I don't have time for it). But Skyrim simply had an ideal strategy that was way too visible. In LotI, you have a team and team members have their roles. There is a lot of possibilities to try out and one passthrough isn't enough to try them all.
Zarkussell

Post by Zarkussell »

How do you get units with impact damage to be summoned for the Frozen wasteland map in chapter 6. I have several level 4 impact units with extremely powerful impact weapons but all that is summoning is level 1 archers, skeletons, and ghosts which are all useless.

I did beat the level. I'm just curious if there's a way to determine which units go with you for future playbacks.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

If I recall correctly, they are just some randomly picked units from your recall list.
Naron

Post by Naron »

Dugi, I'm now replaying LotI and I have noticed a strange thing: from time to time, Efraim's damage output decreases significantly, down to pitiful values (1-6 sword, sometimes even 0-6, 3-5 whirlwind, 1-5 wave of fear, 1-4 knife, etc). Why is that? I'm at Part II, the Across the Barren Lands scenario, on Wesnoth 1.12.5, LotI 3.1.20b, normal difficulty.
I do not understand. Are there some enemies with special effects (despair, etc)? I have checked all enemies from around Efraim when I see this decrease and none seems to have such specials.
One suggestion: it is possible that in the crafting menu the items that can be created with the available gems to be listed first? This way, I would know from a glance what I can create and what not.
nuorc
Forum Regular

Post by nuorc »

Naron wrote:Why is that?
I believe that's a fairly new 'feature' where area attacks (like whirlwind) are tiring your unit, lowering the damage for the following turns.
Spoiler:
Naron wrote:One suggestion: it is possible that in the crafting menu the items that can be created with the available gems to be listed first?
Personally, I'm fine with the color coding and would probably not like it when the items would frequently change their positions in the list.
I have a cunning plan.
Naron

Post by Naron »

nuorc wrote:
Naron wrote:Why is that?
I believe that's a fairly new 'feature' where area attacks (like whirlwind) are tiring your unit, lowering the damage for the following turns.
Spoiler:
What? This is just ridiculous. Efraim is an undead and he doesn't tire. Dugi, why you have mutilated LotI? Well, I think I will abandon the replay. I cannot stand these changes. How I'm supposed to fight with these cuts? Yes, basically I'm fighting cuts, not enemies, that's my experience with the new version of LotI.
Naron wrote:One suggestion: it is possible that in the crafting menu the items that can be created with the available gems to be listed first?
nuorc wrote:Personally, I'm fine with the color coding and would probably not like it when the items would frequently change their positions in the list.
I guess you're right.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Why have I done that? Because using AoE attacks was usually paid with wasted exp. It was agreed that it would be better if they had another penalty, without wasting experience. So now, you can mow down your foes with AoE as much as you want, you get all the exp, you just have to counter the temporary damage drops.
nuorc
Forum Regular

Post by nuorc »

nachkar wrote:Altough it might spoil a lot of fun for new players, I think experienced ones would greatly welcome the tool
Yeah. All those good times I had experimenting with crappy AMLAs and items I didn't know what they were good for. :roll: :P

Seriously, I pretty much see it the other way 'round. I think while experienced players know where they have leeway for trial and error and basically know the AMLAs and items, new players are likely to be grateful for any help they can get to handle all the complexity. (Like with the walkthroughs.)

And I think for any player it's not an 'atmospheric experience' to find and open some esoteric file and sift through code to find out what some item does.
Spoiler:
Dugi wrote:I was thinking about making it myself, but when I thought of it deeper, it looked like quite a lot of work
Is there really no way of doing this in-game? To at least give players some more info about ~stuff?

How about pimping the FAQ? I think infos about books and AMLAs are of general interest and somewhat comparable to walkthroughs, so placing it there seems appropriate to me. (I assume the 'Help' is not an option.)
Spoiler:
I have a cunning plan.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

It can be done in game. However, a wiki can be used without having the game installed and turned on, you may simply check out some stuff you're thinking of on your phone while travelling somewhere.