Downloaded Replays Showing Only Leader

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
Ben24626

Downloaded Replays Showing Only Leader

Post by Ben24626 »

Title says it all really. Downloaded replays from replays.wesnoth.org are showing only the team leaders, although this bug was intermittent previously for me, all the replays I downloaded last (six of them) has the same bug.
nuorc
Forum Regular

Re: Downloaded Replays Showing Only Leader

Post by nuorc »

I believe there was some change in the 1.12.x line which made many replays incompatible.

I guess you could try the (latest) dev version or - maybe better - the old version the replay was created with.
I have a cunning plan.
Ben24626

Post by Ben24626 »

nuorc wrote:I believe there was some change in the 1.12.x line which made many replays incompatible.

I guess you could try the (latest) dev version or - maybe better - the old version the replay was created with.
I got the replays from http://replays.wesnoth.org/1.12/ and I'm using version 1.12 so wouldn't this not be the issue?
iceiceice

Post by iceiceice »

In the 1.12 cycle, several bad things happened to the save format that took a lot of work to fix before we could release.

I remember noticing that server replays were broken, and there is a bug report about it, but we decided that since we could fix this after the release of 1.12, it shouldn't be a priority.

You could try "bumping" the bug report at bugs.wesnoth.org. I'm not really an active developer anymore, but potentially (hopefully) someone who is will look at it.
Ben24626

Post by Ben24626 »

iceiceice wrote:In the 1.12 cycle, several bad things happened to the save format that took a lot of work to fix before we could release.

I remember noticing that server replays were broken, and there is a bug report about it, but we decided that since we could fix this after the release of 1.12, it shouldn't be a priority.

You could try "bumping" the bug report at bugs.wesnoth.org. I'm not really an active developer anymore, but potentially (hopefully) someone who is will look at it.
will do, thanks