Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
12%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 241

ItsDaKoolaidDude

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by ItsDaKoolaidDude »

Dugi wrote:
@ItsDaKoolaidDude
It will start later from the next version. I am also making it start later on easy and slightly later on normal than on hard.
But I think that your units' damage is too low, if the unit has 25 damage, it shouldn't drop to 0 just from one hit.
I'm just as confused about the damage drop as well, some of my units had around 20-27 damage yet get touched once by the rain and suddenly, they have nothing.
Also as a side note, which I forgot to add to my first message: Could you find a way to make the blood rain lag less?
You spent the entire game, going in circles! It's like the equivalent of Homer Simpson doing cartwheels on the kitchen floor, and you still won?! -Johnny (BSC)
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Also as a side note, which I forgot to add to my first message: Could you find a way to make the blood rain lag less?
It doesn't seem very laggy to me. Can you attach a save file where it's gotten to the 'very laggy' level?
It might be a mobile device problem, they have no video card and the processor clock is much slower.
ItsDaKoolaidDude

Dugi wrote:
It doesn't seem very laggy to me. Can you attach a save file where it's gotten to the 'very laggy' level?
It might be a mobile device problem, they have no video card and the processor clock is much slower.
Can't really put a save file since the lag starts when the rain starts spreading.
Also I'm using a laptop, however it is a Acer Windows 10, so that's probably it.
You spent the entire game, going in circles! It's like the equivalent of Homer Simpson doing cartwheels on the kitchen floor, and you still won?! -Johnny (BSC)
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Anyone else experiencing such problems?
Zarkussell

Post by Zarkussell »

I'm at 24/25 kills with both lethalia and efraim at almost the end of chapter 2. Which upgrade should I choose to limit options?

I misread, I get to kill 45 times first, but the question remains, which upgrade path is the best for iPhone?
Last edited by Zarkussell on February 27th, 2016, 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
ItsDaKoolaidDude

Zarkussell wrote:I'm at 24/25 kills with both lethalia and efraim at almost the end of chapter 2. Which upgrade should I choose to limit options?
Its mainly up to you.
Zarkussell

Post by Zarkussell »

@ItsDaKoolaidDude
I've played the campaign through before to roughly half way through chapter 7, but when my heroes got too many kills they had too many display options for the game to ever allow me past it. This bug is apparently unable to be fixed, because of an issue with the iPhone port. But I have heard it mentioned that there are certain paths that limit the options to delay this more. I'm just not shure what path(s) this/these are.
Zarkussell

Post by Zarkussell »

Anyone know which upgrade option gives the fewest choices later?

I'm leaning towards leadership, as I don't see it listed as a requirement for any other upgrades. Health is definitely a no as it opens up most of the other options. Do you think this will be a good choice dugi?
Attachments
image.png
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Yes, I think you're right. The fewer options it unlocks, the better it is for you.
Zarkussell

Post by Zarkussell »

There seems to be a bug in chapter 3, where enemies consistently are left with negative health. They then heal, and are still able to attack. Not a huge deal as I'm normally able to get to them before this happens, but when I'm not, it can be frustrating to lose a good unit when the enemy who killed them should have been defeated already.

Also, in the dialogue for darkest darkness in chapter 3, lethalia mentions just escaping instead of battling all of the undead. But the objectives simply say to defeat all enemy leaders, and it doesn't list escape as an option.. Does escaping still win? In the past I've always defeated the leaders here, but I'm just curious now.
Attachments
image.png
Zarkussell

Post by Zarkussell »

Does this mean I'd get a reprieve for any kills my heroes got also? Do I get to keep gear? And what about my units from the first 2 chapters?

If I choose to end, do I get to go to chapter 4? Or is that the actual end?
Attachments
image.png
ItsDaKoolaidDude

Zarkussell wrote:Does this mean I'd get a reprieve for any kills my heroes got also? Do I get to keep gear? And what about my units from the first 2 chapters?

If I choose to end, do I get to go to chapter 4? Or is that the actual end?
Yes, yes, they can be recalled at some point and its the permanent end, you go straight back to the main screen.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

@Zarkussell
I've just realised that the iPhone port isn't done for the later version of wesnoth, which means that the LotI on the add-ons server is an old and unmaintained version. That confusing message is no longer there.

I have corrected that dialogue inconsistency.

I don't get what can be damaging those ghosts, can you please upload a save file of that issue somehow?
Zarkussell

Post by Zarkussell »

@dugi
Thank you, I've almost beaten chapter 5, but I am beginning to wonder if the book of fencing is ever going to teach parry... Which is the only reason used the book..
matsjoyce

Post by matsjoyce »

You can look in utils/amla.cfg to find out what each book does, but:
Spoiler: