Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
11%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 244

Xellos

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Xellos »

Whiskeyjack:
Using AOE attacks should give you full exp and lethargy stacks (-1 to damage per stacks, lose half of them rounded up at the beginning of turn. Whirlwind should give you 14 stacks.
example
1st turn, your unit attacks with whirlwind, gain 14 stacks
2nd turn, your unit should lost half of stacks, so 7 should remain, using whirwind should give you 14 more stacks

i have bug and gain stacks only in turn turn and then i don't gain new stacks before i will lose all of them

pans_grove:
AMLA - After Maximum Level Advancement
unit advances from 1st to 4th level then additional advancements give 3 hp i normal wesnoth
in this campaign additional advancements give you a lot of options like +1 to damage to attack, +1 movement, better resistances, new abilities
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

#Lethargy issue
I am unable to replicate your issue. Can you make sure you started the scenario after updating to the latest version? Updates to campaign fix only some issues immediately, most old issues are carried on in save files until the scenario ends and a new one starts. If it still doesn't help, attach a save file where it can be replicated.

#Scythemaster
It won't be easy to change the Spearman line, because these are the usual units you have in other campaigns.
So you suggest giving parry to Scythemaster? I think that together with some increased damage, it could do the trick.

#Dragon Rider
Okay, it will work for him from the next version. If you want it earlier, do the change I suggested in the earlier post.

@pans_grove
Read what Xellos wrote ↑
Your post was organised really badly, with no division into paragraphs, chaotic, full of punctuation and grammar errors, making it extremely hard to read. This is not facebook. If you want someone to explain something to you, please ask properly. I am not asking you to write it like a letter to your president, but you shouldn't make it hard for the reader. I was tempted to reply to you in my native language because why should I bother writing in English when you don't bother with structuring your text.

1. The probabilities that a gem (it's spelled gem, not jem) drops or an item drops are defined separately for each scenario, inside the DROPS macro at the bottom of each scenario. It also defines the probability distribution for specific weapon types (because it's useful to get only swords and bows if the units you have can use only swords and bows). The probabilities for specific items are in item_list.cfg, on the top. Each item is referred by its number that is written in its definition.
2. It is not necessary to try to understand my code. It suffers from huge technical debt and many parts are written weirdly because of some heavy wizardry style optimalisations.
3. If you want to make a campaign with a different item list, it might be better to simply copy LotI's code and replace some of the contents of the item_list accordingly. Using LotI as a dependency doesn't allow much customisation.
4. The code for crafting is located in global_events.cfg and some parts of it are in items.cfg. Use search to find parts like weaponword or armourword and try to understand the code around it to understand what these parts are doing, once you understand it, adding some jewelrywords will be easy.
Xellos

Post by Xellos »

Dugi:
#Lethargy issue - i didn't start new scenario. Sorry I didn't know that i can work after new scenario. :oops:

#Scythemaster
You can also go with something like anti struggle (harder to hit in melee combat, while easy to hit by ranged attacks
Or some new ability - well even mayhem or something to reduce enemy defense as option for whirlwind or anything more interesting. :D

Question about Legande of the Free
Does it work with spells like fireballs or only with ranged attacks with weapons?
Whiskeyjack

Post by Whiskeyjack »

Xellos wrote:Question about Legande of the Free
Does it work with spells like fireballs or only with ranged attacks with weapons?
If memory serves correctly, it also works on spells, I think I had a fireball/fire breath with parry somewhere :D
Dugi wrote:#Lethargy issue
I am unable to replicate your issue. Can you make sure you started the scenario after updating to the latest version? Updates to campaign fix only some issues immediately, most old issues are carried on in save files until the scenario ends and a new one starts. If it still doesn't help, attach a save file where it can be replicated.
My bad, same case as Xellos, still in the same scenario :oops:
I have no time to play right now, but I guess next scenario will solve my issues.
Under blood-red skies, an old man sits
In the ruins of Carthage - contemplating prophecy.
nuorc
Forum Regular

Post by nuorc »

Hi pans_grove.
pans_grove wrote:what does AMLA stand for ?
It stands for After Maximum Level Advancement. In vanilla bfw this only means a full heal and +3HP, in LotI it means a whole lot more. (For general lingo this link might be of interest; won't help with LotI-only acronyms.)

btw: What does AOE stand for? (Except for Age fo Empires, ofc.)
I have a cunning plan.
Whiskeyjack

Post by Whiskeyjack »

AoE = Area of Effect, commonly used in all battle-gaming genres known to me for attacks/spells/abilities that affect an area and are able to hit multiple enemies. AFAIK this originated from AE, short for Arcane Explosion, a spell of the World of Warcraft class of Mage (though that might be utter crap and just a typical gamer legend).
Xellos

Post by Xellos »

Dugi:

especially for you:
Open my save, find duelist mage in right part of the map. He is near 2 trolls. Use Fireball (AoE attack) to kil both trolls(attack troll with more hp) and look what will happen.
He need to kill 1 troll to gain advancement but from the AoE damage he can kill both and then he won't gain advancement but he will have something like 144 / 130 xp :D

that was hard to find :D
Attachments
xp_bug.gz
(688.51 KiB) Downloaded 111 times
pans_grove

Post by pans_grove »

thank you appreciate it much ...
Whiskeyjack

Post by Whiskeyjack »

Since the last update I get the attached lua error message every time one of my units hits with parry (this happens on natural parry like the champions - of which the screenshot is attached - but also for legacy of the free parry on ranged).
gems_on_unequip-list.PNG
gems_on_unequip-list.PNG (14.45 KiB) Viewed 3532 times
Edit: I just realised this: Some units have gems shown on the unequip-recall-list-units-list, which obviously can´t be unequipped, thus even "naked" units stay on the list. I don´t know if this is easily fixable, but if so it would be nice (this doesn´t apply to a lot of units, therefore it´s not so bad).
parry_error.PNG
Xellos

Post by Xellos »

Dugi:
I'm in part 2 act 7. My heroes have their first AMLAS (they are not liches anymore) i found something interesting - at the beginning legacy and books are cheaper than redeem and normal AMLAs.
base cost for advancement is 256
after taking awareness/book 307
after taking normal/redeem 314
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

@Xellos
The issue is strange, I encounter a different problem when I try that save file - she advances when she kills the troll via AoE incorrectly, then she gains correctly exp for the other troll. In any case, it's wrong and it will need more investigation from my part.
The legacy and book AMLAs increase steeper exponentially, the default AMLA increases less steeply exponentially, but it also has a linear increase. When the max exp is low, the exponential part has less effect than the linear part and it costs less.

@Whiskeyjack
I will check it out. If every parry causes it, it should be easy to replicate.
The gems that display there are displayed because not displaying them would make the whole part much more complicated.
Xellos

Post by Xellos »

Dugi:
I have this bug exactly the same. Sorry i should have been more clear.

Thanks for explanation about legacies/books.

about harmer (lua error) i had this message while using retribution from cloak.

EDIT:
1 question about new suck for spells
can you tell me when it work and when not?
I have item with this ability on my Lethalia
she has suck1 on gossamer and doesn't on faerie farie.

EDIT2
Thanks for update. New Prophet is incredible. My favorite unit right now. You can build him as support or as fighter which is very good in my opinion.
Also really powerful combo with dark dragon legacy and 45 % arcane penetration.
Whiskeyjack

Post by Whiskeyjack »

Book of Fireballs: at #line 252 this stil has max_times=2 for the explosive advancement.

The spell suck is also not displayed in the unit information, adding this (like the physical suck) would be really nice :)
Xellos

Post by Xellos »

Whiskeyjack:
I have displayed it on gossamer. Maybe it works only for physical spells?
KrokoNoir

Post by KrokoNoir »

Dugi wrote: @Xellos
If you are waiting before starting Part 2, you can try the campaign Affably Evil, it's a prequel to LotI, roughly as long as one LotI chapter.
Reading this sentence, I started Affably Evil.
I did not advance a lot, but it seems nice.
However, I already found something that seems to allow unlimited farming: in "Menacing Hills", there is a generator of undeads in the south-eastern corner, and we have an infinite number of turns. I am currently at turn 31, but I guess that if I play 200 turns then my five heroes may become too strong for the rest of the campaign. [Edit: I am now at turn 80. Got many items, so I looked in the source code, and 15% drop explains why I got so many items; I saw that spears will never be dropped, therefore Antipater should really avoid to become a Prophet...]
Limiting the number of turns might not be the best solution, because I think that we need time to explore the map. I would limit the number of undeads.

[edit again: copied my post in the appropriate topic, the one about Affably Evil; sorry for having spammed LotI]