Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
12%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 241

Karmic

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Karmic »

I'm going through Invincibles again, it's been well ovar a year so I have to say I really like the changes. One thing is bothering me though, Bosses never seem to attack anyone on their turn. Is that intentional, a change in Wesnoth in general, or something wrong? I seem to remember them moving around and attacking more, but just sitting there makes things too easy at times.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

It's considered to be an error. It is going to be fixed. They used to attack like crazy before.
dracostar

Post by dracostar »

I was wondering if anywhere there is a list of all the current items and/or the advancement trees for the heroes anywhere?
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

No. It is in a relatively readable form in the add-on's data files, you can have a look there.
Kymille

Post by Kymille »

Any strategy advice on "And another Orcish assault" (the one after Despair)?

The loyal units are too weak to be much help against demons. The orc recruits are slaughtered. The moment a demon moves within range of the orcish leader, the leader comes out and gets killed that turn. My two leaders are okay but can't kill all the demons themselves. All in all, I can't rush my army forward and I can't hang back.

Is there something I should be doing? What have I missed?
nuorc
Forum Regular

Post by nuorc »

@Kymille: That's definitely one of the most difficult scenarios I remember. I lost so many times so bad, that I read the walkthrough for this scenario and the one before. After going back and following the tips I finally stood a chance...
I have a cunning plan.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

I did it so that I killed whatever demons I could and let the orcs swarm them before they did their turn. I did a lot of kills while the orcs took the casualties.

If this doesn't help, I might have to make it easier.
SlyVenom

Post by SlyVenom »

The game locked up and crashed in 1.12.4, so I tried it in 1.13.2a and got this error...
When I try to go back to the start of that scenario it tells me that their is an illegal tile, 'zaw'(zaw), on the map and quits.

Code: Select all

The following add-on had errors and could not be loaded:
    C:\Users\SlyVenom\Documents\My Games\Wesnoth1.13/data/add-ons/Legend_of_the_Invincibles/_main.cfg

Please report this to the author or maintainer of this add-on.

Details:

Found invalid closing tag [/while] for tag [for]
    opened at core\\macros\\utils.cfg:213
        included from core\\_main.cfg:18
        included from _main.cfg:18
        included from ~add-ons\\Legend_of_the_Invincibles\\utils\\chapter5_utils.cfg:1245
        included from ~add-ons\\Legend_of_the_Invincibles\\utils\\utils.cfg:1321
        included from ~add-ons\\Legend_of_the_Invincibles\\_main.cfg:190
        included from ~add-ons\\Legend_of_the_Invincibles\\units\\chapter5_event_loader.cfg:12
        included from ~add-ons\\Legend_of_the_Invincibles\\_main.cfg:192
    closed at ~add-ons\\Legend_of_the_Invincibles\\utils\\chapter5_utils.cfg:1262
        included from ~add-ons\\Legend_of_the_Invincibles\\utils\\utils.cfg:1321
        included from ~add-ons\\Legend_of_the_Invincibles\\_main.cfg:190
        included from ~add-ons\\Legend_of_the_Invincibles\\units\\chapter5_event_loader.cfg:12
        included from ~add-ons\\Legend_of_the_Invincibles\\_main.cfg:192
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

There was an unannounced compatibility-breaking change in that 1.13.2a version. Play on an earlier version before I repair the compatibility.
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

This was announced. In case you didnt see the thread, here is the link: http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?t=43342
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
dracostar

Post by dracostar »

Playing on 1.12.1, I've found that after the scenarios where Krux and Vritra are introduced, the game begins freezing in scenarios at around turn 17. I don't know if this is a known issue or not.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

gfgtdf wrote:This was announced...
So I haven't noticed :oops: Sorry.
dracostar wrote:Playing on 1.12.1, I've found that after the scenarios where Krux and Vritra are introduced, the game begins freezing in scenarios at around turn 17. I don't know if this is a known issue or not.
It is always at the beginning of turn, right? It's because the save files are becoming too large. Dismiss some units from the recall list. There's surely a lot of units you will never recall.
dracostar

Post by dracostar »

Actually, it's at the beginning of the enemy turn. Also, I emptied around half my recall list and there was no change. Thanks for the help.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

If it's at the beginning of enemy turn, then it's not related to the recall list. I am quite clueless now, I think that there might be some ability messing things up. Can you attach a save file where it can be replicated?
dracostar

Post by dracostar »

Okay here's the file most recently used for this bug, and I've tried it a few times, and this has been replicated each time.
Attachments
LotI2a.gz
(747.09 KiB) Downloaded 146 times