Balance of khalifate faction

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

DwarvenWarrior

Balance of khalifate faction

Post by DwarvenWarrior »

Hello guys

I played khalifate race for quite a while, and I feel there are so many broken things that needs to be adjusted to make the faction more balanced.

So one thing is the mudafi (lvl 2 khalifate spearman) is very expensive. if it is compared to loyalists spearman, both have the same damage output, Yet the cost is 38 for mudafi, and 58 for Rasikh, while only 25 for pike man and 44 for halberdier

not only that, halberdier have the advantage in owning a more versetile attacks (blade attack), more hp, and more impact resistance. does that not feel a little bit broken? it seems to me that mudafi is expensive just because he is lvl 2 arif and nothing more.

if this is not the correct forum to post such thread, any moderator can feel free to move it to an appropriate one
Moved to Users’ Forum. (Ravana)
Yomar

Re: Balance of khalifate faction

Post by Yomar »

Hero Age is not even balanced for other units, beside that Halberdier don-t has any impact resistance, only pierce while Mudafi has 2 kinds of resistances and more HP than Pikeman.
Beside this, you have to consider the whole faction, not only single units.
Beholded Wesnoth's Origins.
Max G on WIF
Rank 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
DwarvenWarrior

Post by DwarvenWarrior »

I can consider the whole faction. there is no reason for mudafi to be this expensive

its like, the only real thing he has better than pike man is that he does his damage in 2 strikes (which is pretty big), but nothing other than that

Edit: ok considering the whole faction of khlaifate, why would it be justified that mudafi is this expensive? other than that he is the lvl 2 of arif? and arif is expensive and so must his lvl up be?
ekeron

Post by ekeron »

I don't think any of the level 2 units were ever actually balanced for each other.
Balancing the level 1 units was already quite a task and, since a lot less people play with the level 2 units, it's also much harder to get accurate data. :eng:
Just look at the cost of the rogue (level 2 thief), for example. He's a pretty good unit for his price. :hmm:

So instead, just check to see if the khalifate spearman is balanced. If yes, then no problem. If no, then mention it here, I guess.
Completed official campaigns: ToTB, AOI, TSG, HttT, Liberty, HoT
Completed unofficial campaigns: The Amaranthine stone, Bad moon rising part 1, Ooze mini campaign