Aria of the Dragon-Slayer (SP Campaign for 1.11)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

wesnothplayer2015

Re: Aria of the Dragon-Slayer (SP Campaign for 1.11)

Post by wesnothplayer2015 »

I guess im quite late to the party :lol:

I only discovered this game this year and have just started playing the Song of Fire trilogy and found it amazing.
But I always encounter an appcrash in the The Seers Prophecy .On the very next turn after akashia disappears from map and Tenma transforms.Im unable to progress further. :cry:

The error appears ina popup of Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library.:
Error is :

Assertion failed!
Program :E:\Wesnoth\wesnoth.exe
File:src\ai\testing\../../unit_map.hpp
Line:176

Expression: valid()

For more information on how your program can cause an assertion error, see the Visual C++ documetation on asserts
(Please try to debug the application - JIT must be enabled)

I use windows 7 but use the compatibility mode to run wesnoth. Compatibility is set to windows XP SP2. The Visual C++ on my machine is the redistributable version 2005, 2008, 2010 and 2012.

Please help!! :(
regnak

Post by regnak »

Ok just finished Northern Alliances and that was a nice fun scenario. Just played a turn of Memories before quitting since need sleep and
Spoiler:
regnak

Post by regnak »

Just started Common Enemies: Algil is my new favorite character just for that speech of his. :lol:
lionrock

Post by lionrock »

0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
Aria the DS crashed turn following Aria's transformation in Seer's Prophesy - error listing below -

Enjoying this campaign so would like to finish but understand the demands on your time.

Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000

Application Specific Information:
Assertion failed: (libcompiler_rt abort), function __eprintf, file /SourceCache/clang/clang-600.0.56/src/projects/compiler-rt/lib/eprintf.c, line 33.

Thread 0 Crashed:: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
0 libsystem_kernel.dylib 0x92b5469a __pthread_kill + 10
1 libsystem_pthread.dylib 0x998b4634 pthread_kill + 101
2 libsystem_c.dylib 0x95f36dee abort + 156
3 libsystem_c.dylib 0x95eff7c5 __assert_rtn + 399
4 org.wesnoth.Wesnoth 0x006ca9c0 compilerrt_abort_impl + 48

Lionrock
makalu

Post by makalu »

I have been enjoying this trilogy a lot, probably the best story of all campaings I've ever played.

But near the end I've found a problem playing ". I evacuate Hiera'Kirya but after a get defeated on turn 15. If its due the windsong units, I can't control them.

Is it a bug or I am missing something of the objetives?
makalu

Post by makalu »

I'm sorry, latest post is incomplete. Scenario is "Spear of Irdya", playing version 1.12.4 on Windows 10.
Nyubola

Post by Nyubola »

Same, on windows 8 ( even if OS is irrelevant here ).
Basically what happens is that you have to
Spoiler:
thus leading to lose the scenario and preventing any progression in the campaign. That's a shame, I really wanna know the end of the trilogy :(
Nyubola

Post by Nyubola »

Debug is useful here though, you just have to change the leader side for these turns and do what's needed.
makalu

Post by makalu »

Thank you, Nyubola. I started other long campaign, once finished I will try to debug it (actually I've never done it yet, but surely there is some topic about along the forum).
makalu

Post by makalu »

Finally I overcome it by setting Windsong side as human controlled.
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

Er, sorry again for the late reply folks :oops: I've started a replay of this campaign to correct some bugs and give some tweaks, I'm still halfway through, but I've uploaded a new version already, with the bug in Spear of Irdya corrected. I reckon there's still a bug in The Seer's Prophecy, which I intend to have solved by the next release.
Here goes the changelog for version 0.4.2.1:

Code: Select all

Changelog V. 0.4.2.1
- Scenarios:
    - Firecloud Peak: slight changes to map
	- Siege of Shek'harya: increased allies' gold

- Units:
    - New portraits for Tenma in Villager, Standard and Dragon-Slayer variations
    - Added descriptions for Tenma's different levels
	- Decreased Black Elf Crossbowman line's melee attack; added descriptions for Crossbowman line
	- Added descriptions for Black Elf Shaman line

- Miscelanea
    - Uranometria now works properly
Author of the Dragon Trilogy.

If you enjoyed A Song of Fire, War of the Jewel, Aria of the Dragon-Slayer and Soldier of Wesnoth, you may like my new project: Star of Chaos, a science-fiction mystery/adventure intended to be a trilogy
;-)
Nyubola

Post by Nyubola »

Well, gotta see these portraits variations ( even if I've already finished the campaign :3 ).
Anyway, thank you so much for creating such awesome stuff and keeping it updated, I hope we'll get to see more from you :D
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

Nyubola wrote:Anyway, thank you so much for creating such awesome stuff and keeping it updated, I hope we'll get to see more from you :D
Thank you so much for enjoying it! ^_^ Unfortunately, I have no plans on making any other campaigns, as I am now focused on university, work and on my books, but if you haven't played it yet, you could try Soldier of Wesnoth, it's not part of the Dragon Trilogy but borrow some elements from it - and there you'll meet Valerya's parents ;-)

So, I've finished replaying AotDS, and done a few more tweaks, mainly in the scenarios of Part IX. I have to confess, they were not very well done; when I made them, I was living some turbulent weeks in RL, so I made them in a bit of a hurry. This time, however, I put some thought on them, and now I hope they're more enjoyable :-D
That said, here goes the changelog:

Code: Select all

Changelog V. 0.4.2.2
- Scenarios:
	- Brilliant Flame: Veshtar Joohn and her drakes now have their own, human-controlled, side
	- The Daughter of Tithanya: player can now control allied sides
	- Twin Hammers: New allied drake side for Garlin Ohn
	- Prelude of the Final War: New allied drake and troll/dwarvish sides for Veshtar Joohn and Udhark/Algil respectively
	- Return of the King: some changes to playlist
	- The Sun sets over Wesnoth: Veshtar Joohn, Algil, Udhark and Bogor now have their own sides
	- The Dragon and the Slayer: corrected messed-up death event for Svarballi

- Units:
    - Added descriptions for Tenma's different levels
	- Decreased Black Elf Crossbowman line's melee attack; added descriptions for Crossbowman line
	- Added descriptions for Black Elf Shaman line
	- Added descriptions for Sword Walker and Sogen Huntress lines
	- Added description for Star Master
	- Added description for Runic Arcanister
	- Increased Ken Master's xp for advancing
	- Star Quake attack changed from 8-5 to 50-1
	- Agni's Conflagration attack now has 'Lesser Life Consumer' special

- Miscelanea
    - Uranometria now works properly

If you enjoyed A Song of Fire, War of the Jewel, Aria of the Dragon-Slayer and Soldier of Wesnoth, you may like my new project: Star of Chaos, a science-fiction mystery/adventure intended to be a trilogy
;-)
mantra

Post by mantra »

Hello! I just started this one (on 1.12, OS X version) and in the first scenario Tenma's sprite image is missing.

The game still plays but, right now Tenma is invisible.
aotds-1.gif
I've deleted the add-on and re-downloaded it but the sprite is still missing.

Edit: If I play it past a certain point, the sprite shows up. I'm assuming that's when the sprite changes. It's just a bit odd.
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

I just gave a look at the unit's files, I wrote the wrong image name for the sprite, that's why it's missing :doh: It does appear after her "awakening" because her unit type changes at that moment...

;-)