Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
11%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 244

Celtic_Minstrel
Developer

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Celtic_Minstrel »

Honestly, if you're talking about resisting temptation, I don't think there's any need to delve into matters of sexuality or religion. Just call it something along the lines of "willpower" or I dunno, maybe "dedication". I don't really understand the context (with that "Legacy of the Free" or whatever), but personally I think that "willpower" fits better to a theme of "freedom" than "gay" does; the latter has nothing directly to do with freedom.
Author of The Black Cross of Aleron campaign and Default++ era.
Former maintainer of Steelhive.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Regarding the ability name:
I was trying to relate it with Legacy of the Free. And I saw naming it gay as a link between the legacy and the ability. Other names you have suggested have no relation to freedom whatsoever (gays are usually forced by their surroundings to live like heterosexuals, so being allowed to live like a gay is some sort of freedom), furthermore I still think that the best way to resist sexual temptation is to be interested in the wrong gender, homosexuals are not homosexual by choice or willpower. My primary intention was to add something to the legacy, not to give some units an immunity to temptation. Judging from the general displease I have seen, it would be better not to add anything like this at all.

@Whiskeyjack
Spoiler:
Regarding the chapter 3 bandits:
Thanks Delicius for helping.

Regarding Flaming Radiance:
I can't find any flaw and my tests worked so far. Can you attach a save file where it's seen, please?
Ashes

Post by Ashes »

Another AI oddity in chapter 3: 02 Journey South.
If we help the necromancer gal, we can end with lots of allied undead (her former minions).
These undead stay immobile when there is no known enemy, and start moving in the direction of the enemy once it is known.
It would be more realistic if they follow their former master even if there is no known enemy.
Another possibility would be to have all of them join our party. We would need to pay some upkeep, but that's a small cost for having a loyal necromancer joining the party.
dabber

Post by dabber »

Dugi wrote:Regarding Flaming Radiance:
I can't find any flaw and my tests worked so far. Can you attach a save file where it's seen, please?
Maybe you've got a fix in your code that hasn't been released?
Attachments
LotI2-The_Last_Crusade-Auto-Save1.gz
(1.52 MiB) Downloaded 110 times
caoraivoso3

Post by caoraivoso3 »

hi there, i am replaying the canpaign and i am in search for the secrets but i didnt find none so far( only the dwarf talking through the 4th wall in chapter 3) well can you give me some tips for the secrets?
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

@Ashes
I might simply give you control of them, make them loyal, but they would be unable to pick items and be removed from the game at the end of scenario.

@dabber
The problem was that I was deleting a wrong variable. I forgot to test if it is reset if the unit leaves the area and re-enters. Will be fixed in the next version. It can be quite deadly at the moment, right?

@caoraivoso3
Here is a list:
  • The dwarf in the cave in chapter 3
  • Freeing the group of ancient warriors in chapter 3
  • A lich in the mind world in chapter 4
  • A book in the library (not shown on map) in chapter 5
  • The lich experimenter in chapter 6
  • One of the extra bookshelves in chapter 6
  • Argan (if you defeat him) in chapter 7
  • The main enemy in Steelhive in chapter 9
dabber

Post by dabber »

Dugi wrote:@dabber
It can be quite deadly at the moment, right?
Yes. I manually cleared it from everyone.
Kymille

Post by Kymille »

dabber wrote:What units have so many attacks you cannot see them? Besides Efraim and Lethalia.
I looked at the units, and adding the Book of Lycanthropy, which eventually gives 4 attacks, seems to do it, especially if there are a lot of weapon specials. Anyway, it's not a big deal, I mainly wondered if there was a Wesnoth feature I didn't know about.

On an unrelated note, I just encountered a bug. I gave a Doombringer sword to Efraim, and now sometimes after he kills an enemy it says:

<Invalid WML Found> [get_unit_resistance]'s filter didn't match any units.

I assume it has to do with the "disintegrate" ability.
Ashes

Post by Ashes »

Chapter 3 again. 08 Lost.
When we wake up one or two liches, they start attacking the undead of side 9 or attacking each other.
It is a bit surprising that the Lich does not direct its anger at the party that awoke it.

Btw, I am trying to see if having unlimited turns in that scenario gives the player the possibility of massively levelling all units.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

@Kymille
It is caused by other weapon specials when they expect to find a target in the case when the target is already dead. It's harmless, so I removed the error message.

@Ashes
I might do a change that the enemies would not target anything around them, but cooperate together to get rid of you.

In most scenarios, turns aren't unlimited, but I have forgotten to do it in some cases.
caoraivoso3

Post by caoraivoso3 »

hey i was playing chapter 5 the level name "the pirates" and i cannot se if it is day or night or sunset or sunrise the place where it is shown is all black.
idk if the levels before this are the same but it is pretty weird and i think it isnt intented to be like this
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Can you please check if other levels are the same? Can you see what time is it by hovering your mouse over the black panel where time of day is supposed to be shown?

I can't find an obvious error there.
Raijer

Post by Raijer »

Is there anyone working on a translation of LotI? In particular, anyone on a french translation ?
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

No news of any attempts at French translation. But flaws regarding translatability are being corrected and currently almost everything is translatable. If you want to do it, please request the copy of the latest changes from me before you start. Unfortunately, I cannot tell you how to generate the translation files because I don't know.
Raijer

Post by Raijer »

I probably won't start before 1-2 months, but I intend to get into it seriously this year. I will probably ask for the files then. And also, that means I will restart the whole campaign from scratch to see the context of the dialogs (for the rare cases I don't already know by heart :) ), so you'll probably also have a new batch of typo/bug reports. Also, seems like your campaign isn't uploaded as translatable, so I can't get the .po.
While I'm thinking about it, I'm on windows 10 now, if that's important.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley