Aria of the Dragon-Slayer (SP Campaign for 1.11)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

revansurik

Re: Aria of the Dragon-Slayer (SP Campaign for 1.11)

Post by revansurik »

regnak wrote:Where do I find it? I just checked the add on server for 1.11.13 and it's not there.

Sorry about your loss. I lost my mother in 2012 and father in 2013 so I do know how you must have felt.
Thank you :-)

The 1.11.13 counts as 1.12, I haven't uploaded this campaign to that server yet...
Author of the Dragon Trilogy.

If you enjoyed A Song of Fire, War of the Jewel, Aria of the Dragon-Slayer and Soldier of Wesnoth, you may like my new project: Star of Chaos, a science-fiction mystery/adventure intended to be a trilogy
;-)
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

Sorry for the double post, I just want to warn players of this campaign that I'll be offline due to travelling for the next 45 days, so, if you find any bug, I'll have to ask you to wait, or try solving the problem with debugging :-(
To compensate for that, when I'm back I'll release a new version as soon as possible ;-)

If you enjoyed A Song of Fire, War of the Jewel, Aria of the Dragon-Slayer and Soldier of Wesnoth, you may like my new project: Star of Chaos, a science-fiction mystery/adventure intended to be a trilogy
;-)
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

What, are you all expecting me to release a new, less buggy version to play March of Kings? :-P
Anyway, I've come back from travelling today, so the next days I'll replay this entire campaign; in less than 2 weeks, I should be releasing a more improved version of Aria of the DRagon-Slayer ;-)

;-)
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

Well everyone, long time no see :-P Seems like the last months have been busier than I expected; not only am I in the last semesters of my university course, I've been focusing a literary project of mine, so I had little to no time for my Wesnoth campaigns.
I apologize to those who may have been waiting for new, debugged versions for this 6-month absence; from now on, I won't have as much time for Wesnoth as I used to, but I promise I'll be periodically logging in the forums to see if anyone had problems while playing my campaigns.
That said, today I have uploaded Aria of the Dragon-Slayer (as well as War of the Jewel) to the 1.12 server. This version contains a lot of corrections and changes from the previous version, as listed in the changelog below. I think I should also apologize for the awful bugs in AotDS' final part, there were scenarios which I simply couldn't finish due to code issues :S I believe I've corrected them all, except for one in the last scenario, which I'll correct in the next days.
Also, if someone could please explain why the 1.11 server seems to be no longer working, I'd be thankful. I've been away from Wesnoth for so long, I almost feel like an alien now... :(

And here goes the changelog:

Code: Select all

V. 0.4.1
- Scenarios:
    - Dead Caves (black elf branch): corrected bug which caused Shwarzel to recruit undead
	- Memories: Changed the location of orc leader's keep
	- Dead World: Corrected missing dialogue
	- Independence Day: Replaced White Mage/Mage of Light by Red Mage/Arch Mage in enemy's recruit list
	- The Daughter of Tithanya: Aeldhoryan's followers from previous scenario no longer appear in Cornelya's recall list; black elvish and faerie units should now appear in her recall list; slight changes to playlist; changes to triggering of Cornelya's transformation's event
	- Twin Hammers: Replaced White Mage/Mage of Light by Dark Sorcerer/Necromancer in enemy's recruit list; corrected Udhark's transformation's bug
	- Prelude of the Final War: player may now control allied side
	- Spear of Irdya: Corrected missing defeat event for Vasheera's death
	- The Sun Sets over Wesnoth: Changes to map
	- Children of Demere: Units from non-human and non-elemental races now go to their respective Kings/Queens' sides; player must now play with side 2 as well, other sides remain optional

- Units:
    - Corrected missing animation sprites for many units
	- Increased movement cost for black elves in sandy terrain by 1
	- Reduced Dragon Cannon attack of both the Imperial Warship and Imperial Flagship; replaced Explosive special by Beam
	- Reduced some of the Kings/Queens' attacks
	- Agni's Conflagration attack is now 'attack only'
	- Removed Magic Resistance ability from Galdra
	- Added weapon special High Precision
	- Changes to movement costs of Sogen Priestess line

;-)
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

Oh, that explains everything, thank you very much :-)

;-)
marecki

Post by marecki »

I see I'm not the only one returning to Wesnoth. Welcome back.

Picked up AoDS again, maybe this time I won't get stumped by error messages. :)

Having a great time as usual with your campaigns, but I feel that "Memories" is poorly designed. Elvish leader sends almost all his troop south, the few units which go north are quickly cut down, by turn 7-10 (tested on three attempts) Aragwaithi move into the keep and fulfill the objective for the player. Since the turn limit is 38, but the early finish bonus is only 2 per turn (I cannot say if by design or bug), it means that the best way to win this scenario is to do...nothing. Recall some chump blockers (i.e. earth elementals) and stay put, or even fall back to the corner of the map, click end turn a few times. I don't believe that's how you would want it to be played, maybe starting locations could be rearranged, or AI target priorities shifted?

Early finish bonus in "Siege of Shek'harya" is also 2/turn. That battle is epic by the way and the map is beautiful.

Do you get to keep the Dokkor recruits later on?
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

I just restarted this campaign… so no real comments for now. Just a mild bug report - in the first true scenario, "Dawn of A New Day", one of the loss conditions is for turns to run out, but as a player I have no idea what the turn limit is.
A witty saying proves nothing.
-Voltaire
regnak

Post by regnak »

I have started playing this over the last week and just finished Swamp of 10,000 Spears. The storyline is good as usual.
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

Having a great time as usual with your campaigns, but I feel that "Memories" is poorly designed. Elvish leader sends almost all his troop south, the few units which go north are quickly cut down, by turn 7-10 (tested on three attempts) Aragwaithi move into the keep and fulfill the objective for the player. Since the turn limit is 38, but the early finish bonus is only 2 per turn (I cannot say if by design or bug), it means that the best way to win this scenario is to do...nothing. Recall some chump blockers (i.e. earth elementals) and stay put, or even fall back to the corner of the map, click end turn a few times. I don't believe that's how you would want it to be played, maybe starting locations could be rearranged, or AI target priorities shifted?

Early finish bonus in "Siege of Shek'harya" is also 2/turn. That battle is epic by the way and the map is beautiful.

Do you get to keep the Dokkor recruits later on?
Um, perhaps I should give some tweaks to "Memories" then... :hmm:
The gold per turn is defined by the game engine, I suppose, so it's a bug beyond my jurisdiction :-P
And yes, the dokkor veterans will (or at least should) be available when Donar returns in later scenarios.
BTW, long time no hear from you, marecki :-D
I just restarted this campaign… so no real comments for now. Just a mild bug report - in the first true scenario, "Dawn of A New Day", one of the loss conditions is for turns to run out, but as a player I have no idea what the turn limit is.
Oh, that's right, I designed that scenario to have unlimited turns in fact :doh:
I have started playing this over the last week and just finished Swamp of 10,000 Spears. The storyline is good as usual.
Thank you very much ;)

;-)
GodlyDragon

Post by GodlyDragon »

Hi there, I really like your campaigns and appreciate the time and effort you put in them. I just found one bug who was not already mentioned:

At The Spear of Irdya scenario, I waited and fought all the turns AND kept the allied leader alive, but when the scenario finished, it was an automatic defeat. Maybe it was because the allied leader died at the end? Could you fix it please?
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

GodlyDragon wrote:Hi there, I really like your campaigns and appreciate the time and effort you put in them. I just found one bug who was not already mentioned:

At The Spear of Irdya scenario, I waited and fought all the turns AND kept the allied leader alive, but when the scenario finished, it was an automatic defeat. Maybe it was because the allied leader died at the end? Could you fix it please?
Could you send me your save files (for this campaign, of course) in a .rar file? I'll play it myself and see what the problem is :-)

;-)
regnak

Post by regnak »

Finished Dead Fire, didn't see that coming.
regnak

Post by regnak »

Ok what was a mild annoyance in Dead Fire is an incredible pain in the *** in Siege. Having 3 enemies doing that is way too much. If there are many more scenarios like this I won't be continuing the campaign. As it is I had to use debug to give my weak drake ally 200 gold so she isn't quite dead by turn 9. But she is still getting that way.
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

regnak wrote:Ok what was a mild annoyance in Dead Fire is an incredible pain in the *** in Siege. Having 3 enemies doing that is way too much. If there are many more scenarios like this I won't be continuing the campaign. As it is I had to use debug to give my weak drake ally 200 gold so she isn't quite dead by turn 9. But she is still getting that way.
That's funny, because 2 out of 3 times (when I played that scenario) the allied drake side managed to hold off the saurians well enough. The problem is, drakes are not very reliable units, they can either quickly destroy an opponent or be destroyed quickly, due to their many vulnerabilities and bad terrain defence.
As for the difficulty of the campaign, well, I had to make things a bit more complicated at some scenarios, since true air elementals damage drakes like crazy...

;-)