A bug in Wesnoth v1.13.1

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
nikita1996

A bug in Wesnoth v1.13.1

Post by nikita1996 »

A_bug_in_Wesnoth_1_13_1.png
I just cannot enter the next scenario after a scenario is finished. An error occured. It says "<Invalid WML found> [end level] not supported".
Raijer

Re: A bug in Wesnoth v1.13.1

Post by Raijer »

Try killing all leaders via debug...
More seriously, that's a bug but I wonder if anyone reads the FREAKING READ-ME about "how to report a bug".

Basically, nobody can help you if they don't know on which os this is, how to reproduce it... In fact, while most people can see from the picture that it's HttT, I'm not sure other campaigns can be recognized as easily.
Anyway, just look through the read-me and complete the missing informations. Also, wrong place to post, this needs to get moved to "technical support"

From my poor abilities in WML, this looks like they made a mistake when porting the code to 1.13.1, but that's really strange. Did you perhaps change the code to test something ?
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley
Elvish_Hunter

Post by Elvish_Hunter »

Raijer wrote:Try killing all leaders via debug...
Except that it won't work, because the scenario has victory_when_enemies_defeated=no. If anything, the :n or :cl debug commands should be used.
Raijer wrote:More seriously, that's a bug but I wonder if anyone reads the FREAKING READ-ME about "how to report a bug".
Do you really need to be that harsh to a new user? :annoyed:
Raijer wrote:Basically, nobody can help you if they don't know on which os this is, how to reproduce it... In fact, while most people can see from the picture that it's HttT, I'm not sure other campaigns can be recognized as easily.
Indeed. There are a lot of missing informations in this post: operating system (which I think is Xubuntu, but what version?), campaign and scenario played (Heir to the Throne), content of stderr (which, in Linux, can be obtained by launching Wesnoth through a Terminal).
Raijer wrote:Also, wrong place to post, this needs to get moved to "technical support"
Moved. But the next time, instead of complaining in topic and hope that one of us notices it, please use the report button.
Current maintainer of these add-ons, all on 1.16:
The Sojournings of Grog, Children of Dragons, A Rough Life, Wesnoth Lua Pack, The White Troll (co-author)
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

Make sure to update all of the data (cfg and lua) files to 1.13.1
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
nikita1996

I have the newest libraries

Post by nikita1996 »

gfgtdf wrote:Make sure to update all of the data (cfg and lua) files to 1.13.1
I've just installed the new libraries the software needs. My lua version is 5.2.3.
Elvish_Hunter wrote:Except that it won't work, because the scenario has victory_when_enemies_defeated=no. If anything, the :n or :cl debug commands should be used.
I tried to kill all the enemies but the senario doesn't end. I then tried command :n and the senario ended.

Do you know why the bug happens?
Last edited by Elvish_Hunter on July 20th, 2015, 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged double post
Elvish_Hunter

Post by Elvish_Hunter »

nikita1996: I merged your double post. The next time that you want to add something to your message, instead of posting twice in two minutes, please use the Edit button.
nikita1996 wrote:Do you know why the bug happens?
No idea, sorry. By all means, [endlevel] should be supported, so it may be possible that some other bug leads to this and you see only the final result.
Can you post the content of your stderr?
Current maintainer of these add-ons, all on 1.16:
The Sojournings of Grog, Children of Dragons, A Rough Life, Wesnoth Lua Pack, The White Troll (co-author)
gfgtdf
Developer

Re: I have the newest libraries

Post by gfgtdf »

nikita1996 wrote: I've just installed the new libraries the software needs. My lua version is 5.2.3.
I meant that when you update to a newer version you cannot just update the executable file you also have to update all the other files (.cfg and .lua files too)
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
nikita1996

Re: I have the newest libraries

Post by nikita1996 »

gfgtdf wrote:I meant that when you update to a newer version you cannot just update the executable file you also have to update all the other files (.cfg and .lua files too)
I haven't updated. I just downloaded the latest source code, installed the latest libraries, compiled, and install the game directly. Before I compiled the game, I had already installed all the libraries it needed.
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

I was never talking about libraries, i just thought that since in 1.13.0 the definition of [endlevel] was moved from c++ core to the file wml-tags.lua that teh cause might be an outdated wml-tags.lua file.

Also wesnoth doesn't need lua libraries as a dependentcy becasue it ships with its own (modified) lua source files.