End of the Legion [WIP]

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Implementor37

End of the Legion [WIP]

Post by Implementor37 »

EotL.PNG
Description

This campaign is set in the middle of the events of The Legend Begins and stars a unique UMC faction--the Dark Legion.

Follow the adventures of a young Lieutenant in the Dark Legion tasked with orchestrating an attack on the Alliance of Light itself. Along with his quirky, sarcastic sidekick--Bluraecyn--Aetheonnyn fights and overcomes orcs, elementals, drakes, trolls, woodlanders, and more!

Features
-Unusual faction (Dark Legion) which does not currently have its own campaign
-Multiple enemy factions (not always fighting the same faction)
-Custom Units (you'll see them eventually... :P)
-Liberal usage of [micro_ai]s (Abnormal AI behavior for interesting challenges)
-Comments in .cfg files provide some walkthrough help in case you get stuck.
-Intermediate Difficulty

Current Version: 0.0.4
Spoiler:
3 Scenarios out of ~18 planned complete]

Now on the 1.12 and 1.13 servers!
:eng:

Dependencies: War of Legends

Better screenshots will come over time!

Questions/Comments/Feedback welcome below! Your input is extremely helpful for balancing scenarios, custom units (if you check the add-on, you'll find a 'poltergeist' which you can expect to see soon!), and correcting grammatical (or other) errors in story text (I'm a native English speaker, but I may have missed some).
Last edited by Implementor37 on April 24th, 2015, 11:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Author of End of the Legion, available now on the 1.12 and 1.13 servers!
Supporter of the addition of the Aragwaithi into mainline.
sreesreearul

Re: End of the Legion [WIP]

Post by sreesreearul »

1. No defined objectives for sc.2.
2. At the end of Sc.2 crashes with the msg 'invalid unit...'

1.12 in ubuntu 14.04
Implementor37

Post by Implementor37 »

-Fixed the 'invalid unit' at the end of Scenario 2 in v0.0.2. It was caused by a missing

Code: Select all

victory_when_enemies_defeated=no
line preventing the actual victory condition
Spoiler:
from firing. (EDIT: actually it was a typo

no_leader=yes
was written as

noleader=yes
in the third scenario)The victory event causes
Spoiler:
to switch to side 1, as he is recalled briefly in the start of scenario 3.
-Added objectives to scenario. Will be uploaded with v0.0.3 along with a few tweaks to Scenario 3.
James_The_Invisible

Post by James_The_Invisible »

Your advertisement caught my attention so I downloaded the campaign and started playing it :D . It looks good so far (I am at scenario 1). I did not complete it (the first scenario) yet, I actually lost my leader (or hero, not sure) to rng (he was at castle) so I am going to play it again but I have some comments on wml and noticed a typo.
about.cfg wrote:WML Assitance
should be WML Assistance

You can name more events id in [remove_event], just separate them by a comma (,). It is also possible to remove events on versions prior to 1.13 by

[event]
  id=blahblah
  remove=yes
[/event]
but here you can use just 1 id in 1 tag. It works on 1.13 too as far as I know.
If you want to force a certain unit to always advance to one of its option (or something else, it does not matter; like you do in macro HEROES), I would use this approach. Firstly you have to do it just once, not in every scenario and secondly it does not offer the choice to player while it is ignored anyway.
Also in Scenario 2 you forgot underscore (_) in user_team_name="Orcs" (I guess).

That is all for now. I will post more once I proceed/discover another issue.
Implementor37

Post by Implementor37 »

Thanks for the feedback! I updated everything you pointed out and uploaded v0.0.4 to the servers with the combined fixes.
ZIM

Post by ZIM »

I want to report a thing,

I manage to defeat Larak at turn 13,but after that I get defeated(when the objective says "Defeat the orcish leaders".
Then,I read scenario 2 cfg files and I found that we supposed to defeat the elementals & undead that arrive at turn 17,not Larak.
So,I think you must make this scenario harder,so that the player has not defeated Larak yet when the elementals have not show up.
Or,can you make the elementals appear earlier.
Implementor37

Post by Implementor37 »

What difficulty level were you playing on? (I didn't playtest all of them extensively...i got bored first :whistle: ) I'll look into it as soon as I can---I've been rather busy with school lately and this campaign has taken a back-seat to that, but still intend to finish this when I have the time. Maybe adding a trigger on attacking Larak (or him reaching half health) for the elemental event would make a good safeguard against that?
In all my playthroughs on Normal, I never reached Larak before turn 15-ish, but due to constant balance tweaking of Scenario 1 I never had a consistent save file with a recall list either. Any info you can provide on what exactly you did will make balancing the scenario muuuuch easier!

p.s. In case anyone was wondering why I haven't added any new scenarios recently, current work is on perfecting a new unit, the poltergeist, which has a couple of custom abilities, including a low-powered ranged berserk attack. Once that is finished, I can get back to the main campaign through the next scenario (dialogue) and then back into gameplay scenarios.