Wesnoth Units Database: MISSILE_FRAME bug

Discussion of all aspects of the website, wiki, and forums, including assistance requests and new ideas for them.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Ravana
Forum Moderator

Re: Wesnoth Units Database: MISSILE_FRAME bug

Post by Ravana »

From my experience wesnoth indeed takes over 10sec to load ageless. However since most of it is in #ifdef MULTIPLAYER that time is difficult to separate from others. There might be some syntax irregularities too but those currently I dont know where to start looking.
allefant
Units Database Administrator

Post by allefant »

The timeout is only for the wesnoth executable doing its parsing - the Python code is not affected (and only takes a few ms anyway - wesnoth executable is being slow for some reason). Anyway, increasing the timeout makes it not work at all now, I'm trying to find out why.
allefant

Post by allefant »

Hmp, seems the Wesnoth server just is really slow right now. So I don't really have a good option to restore the site while this is ongoing - unless I copy over all of the .html pages.
Generous

Post by Generous »

Now it works perfectly! And - what is amazing - there are wonderful Ageless Era unit trees! Now it's much more convenient to play/understand this era :D Thank you a lot!
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

Nice! Not only unit trees, but it also shows me where I need to rewrite abilities and add dummy images.
Eagle_11

Post by Eagle_11 »

'Output files 0' with no warnings on my factions still, someday will able to view the unit trees ive made online, i guess :P
allefant

Post by allefant »

Ageless Era just is too big - I had to increase the timeout to 60 seconds.

Eagle_11: Which addon is yours?
ChaosRider

Post by ChaosRider »

WOTG is bigger than Ageless and it is able to be checked in your time... Reason why bigger WOTG can be checked in this time is that WOTG have less complex structure of folders. Have more but in less folders, ageless have lower size but in more folders...
Creator of WOTG (+2880 units), MWC (+615 units), SurvivorsArea, RandomColosseum, RC WOTG, RC MWC, ColosseumRandomClonesBattle, BetweenDarknessAndLight, StealingWeapons, MoreUnitsForms, MoreDamageTypes, CanBeOnlyOne, ColosseumOneWinner, BonusSpam, CriticalStrike - available at 1.12 Wesnoth server.
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

Well, ageless has valued code readability more then. However I feel you message starts bringing this off topic.

Regarding size, you only need to count cfg, not images.
ChaosRider

Post by ChaosRider »

Ageless from 1.12
2472 cfg files
7,14mb/12,4mb on disc

WOTG from 1.10
2588 cfg files
10,1mb/15,2mb on disc

The reason im talking about it is fact that maybe you dont need to create new cfg file for each new ability or event... You could have them in one bigger file which could be better readable for Wesnoth algorithm which checks addon...
Creator of WOTG (+2880 units), MWC (+615 units), SurvivorsArea, RandomColosseum, RC WOTG, RC MWC, ColosseumRandomClonesBattle, BetweenDarknessAndLight, StealingWeapons, MoreUnitsForms, MoreDamageTypes, CanBeOnlyOne, ColosseumOneWinner, BonusSpam, CriticalStrike - available at 1.12 Wesnoth server.
Eagle_11

Post by Eagle_11 »

@allefant
mental_khalifate, southerners, free_khaganate,
last version of mental_map_pack contain some custom naga, goblin creeps and an queen.
at mental_map_pack proclaims this error:
20150323 16:12:24 error config: Macro/file '~add-ons/mental_map_pack/maps/6p_volcano_desert' is missing
at ~add-ons/mental_map_pack/scenarios/6p_Volcano_Desert.cfg:6

included from ~add-ons/mental_map_pack/_main.cfg:12
which is non-existant. Ive fixed that one a while ago, just checked again and the map is playable as i left it.

EDIT as of April5: Any update ?