Contribute art for mainline Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
Boucman
Inactive Developer

Re: The Hammer of Thursagan portrait repaints

Post by Boucman »

even if it's not used ingame, this definitely has a place somewhere as a ref image
Fight key loggers: write some perl using vim
em3

Post by em3 »

Awesome. How do you swing something with a heavy, detachable head... without it actually detaching because of momentum? :hmm:
I guess there is a runic latch in there somewhere. :D
ride on shooting star
LordBob
Portrait Director

Post by LordBob »

Nope. Finger-thick steel pin going through the bottom of the anvil and into the spike at the top (that's the tiny bit I've drawn on the right between handle and head). There's a risk engineering will say it may not withstand repeated impacts, but the rule of cool says it does. :P
Want to see more of my art ? Visit my portfolio !
thespaceinvader
Retired Art Director

Post by thespaceinvader »

Damn, dat cool. Nice work as usual, Bob.
http://thespaceinvader.co.uk | http://thespaceinvader.deviantart.com
Back to work. Current projects: Catching up on commits. Picking Meridia back up. Sprite animations, many and varied.
tr0ll

Post by tr0ll »

one would think there's a bit of rune magic preventing the pin from coming out by itself or letting any blasphemous creature (e.g. thief) knock it out.
LordBob
Portrait Director

Post by LordBob »

If really it pleases you to think that. But I swear, science alone could very well do it. :roll:
Want to see more of my art ? Visit my portfolio !
DUHH
Art Contributor

Post by DUHH »

In case ther was any doubt, I've abandoned this project. The road to hell is paved with good intentions. Simply put, I became a father in 2012, and freelance work has taken up more and more of my remaining time, and finally my style has developed away from digital and sort of melded into a more singular dirty brush & ink based style. So I can't see any way of having time to contribute, and most importantly I can't see any way of developing my portrait skills to become even half as good as LordBob and such.

Last I saw I think the campaign had a lot of new art, or placeholder art, but whatever happens I'm really dissappointed that I couldn't deliver a whole campaign, or more.

I'm not done with open art through. I'm releasing tons of art & comics under Creative Commons Attribution licenses, and have just launched a Patreon campaign to crowdfund my whole project. Please do have a look and share if you like. http://www.patreon.com/kimholm

I'll be continuing to play Wesnoth once in a while and occasionally lurk around the forums. Best of luck to all of you!